Hangtime

lettieg27

Hi every1 I am a natural 4a and my hair is nearing BSL, i think about 2 in, and now that Im starting 2 achieve length I want 2 wear my hair down more however I find that my hair still hangs just a little under neck length. So ladies what do u do to your hair 2 receive that wonderful hangtime, lol :gorgeous:

non heat ways for me is braid/twist outs, banding, bantu knot out...w/ heat of course the obvious flat iron but i'm interested in the blow out then braid out...

i do twistouts but still have lots of shrinkage and i am a 3c/4a. my longest layer is bsl. when my hair is flat-ironed i have had co-workers i'm cool with ask me if i have a weave,lol. you can try banding and using heavier products like creams to style your hair.....many ladies on here are bsl or longer and still don't hang much unless their texture is a 3b or looser. just keep trying samples of various products some on my list to try are:
mixed chicks leave-in
komaza care califa pudding
komaza care coconut pudding
curls souffle

No Heat:

- Mini Braids with no extensions: It's flat like pressed hair and it's only about 30% shrinkage as opposed to my natural 75% when loose. My mini braids now hang to APL which is pretty nice.

- Twists/twist outs

- Braid-outs

- Bantu-knot outs

Although, bantu knot outs dont give me hang, they give me a badas$ curly-fro:grin:

Straw Sets & flexi rod sets as well.

If I actually had curlformers, they'd give me that too:yep:

With Heat

- Blow-outs

- Pressing pin straight or even kinky straight.

flexi-rod sets give lots of hang, as do my braid n curls.
i find that really smoothing the hair out and using a foam wrap when doing any "curly" styling really helps my hair hang and have minimal shrinkage.

Like many other ladies have also mentioned -- braid the hair offers longer lengths as opposed to twisting, which will definitely result in crazy shrinkage.

Back