Halleys Curls Creole Curly

SoulElegance

I was looking for a low maintence curly hair weave and after research decided on Creole Curly.

It arrived 3 days ago and is now sewn into my hair (full head) and it is really BIG hair. I didn't think the curls would be this tight although I looked at many photos. I purchased one ten inch and two fourteen inches.

Well the dilemna is: I have no idea what to do with this hair. Its really puffy looking. I straighted one piece of it and if I straightened the entire head I would have a afro.

I have no idea what to do with it and I do not like it looking wet all the time. Kind of fond of a semi frizzy look.

Wondering if the curls will ever relax a bit.

Looking for ANY suggestions in regard to how to handle all this BIG hair. I have a round face and right now kinda resembling the chaka khan look "slightly". :wallbash:

Any suggestions? I do not have photos right now.

I was looking for a low maintence curly hair weave and after research decided on Creole Curly.

It arrived 3 days ago and is now sewn into my hair (full head) and it is really BIG hair. I didn't think the curls would be this tight although I looked at many photos. I purchased one ten inch and two fourteen inches.

Well the dilemna is: I have no idea what to do with this hair. Its really puffy looking. I straighted one piece of it and if I straightened the entire head I would have a afro.

I have no idea what to do with it and I do not like it looking wet all the time. Kind of fond of a semi frizzy look.

Wondering if the curls will ever relax a bit.

Looking for ANY suggestions in regard to how to handle all this BIG hair. I have a round face and right now kinda resembling the chaka khan look "slightly". :wallbash:

Any suggestions? I do not have photos right now.
Maybe you can go to the salon and get it thinned out some.

I'm sorry, I wish I was of more help to you.

:bighug:

Yes, I saw that thread and sent her a email. Just waiting for her to get back to me. I think the first mistake I made was getting the wrong length. Perhaps I should of gotten a longer length.

I am going to try the flexi rods (never heard of them before or know how to use them) and see if that will LAY DOWN these curls. lol.

Yes, I saw that thread and sent her a email. Just waiting for her to get back to me. I think the first mistake I made was getting the wrong length. Perhaps I should of gotten a longer length.

I am going to try the flexi rods (never heard of them before or know how to use them) and see if that will LAY DOWN these curls. lol.

You could also try doing a braidout...I think that would look really good and it would tame the curls, especially if you do the braids tight and with some tension to stretch it out.

yea i think u probably used too many oz the typical amt of oz per install is 8. 12 oz is normal if you're going for big hair...maybe next time you install just stick with 8. you may be able to just use 4 if you split the wefts

You could also try doing a braidout...I think that would look really good and it would tame the curls, especially if you do the braids tight and with some tension to stretch it out.

I am sorry but what is a braid out? Braiding it?

yea i think u probably used too many oz the typical amt of oz per install is 8. 12 oz is normal if you're going for big hair...maybe next time you install just stick with 8. you may be able to just use 4 if you split the wefts

I don't have all 3 in my hair but I usually buy 3 when I am doing the wavy. Makes it fuller. I braided the tracks going all back and sewed the tracks across the braids. I used a couple pieces of the 10 inch when I ran out of hair. Like two pieces of 10 inch but for the most part its the 14 inches thats in my hair.

I also have no idea how to split a weft. Yes, clueless again. I don't want to try splitting anything and ruin the weft if i don't know what I am doing.

I have been doing my own hair for years cause the salon was just too damn expensive, but this creole curly has me baffled.

I am sorry but what is a braid out? Braiding it?

A braid out is when you braid the hair, leave the braids in for a while, and then unbraid for a wavy type style.

You can use regular plaits or cornrows, it just depends on what's easiest for you and the hair. With eave hair I get the best results using regular plaits (braids) on wet hair. I generally leave them overnight and take the braids out in the morning. That should help you tame the hair a bit.

Since you do your hair yourself, you could also take part of the install down and then put the tracks back in, spacing them further apart, so that you use less hair. Since it's curly, it shouldn't look thin.

A braid out is when you braid the hair, leave the braids in for a while, and then unbraid for a wavy type style.

You can use regular plaits or cornrows, it just depends on what's easiest for you and the hair. With eave hair I get the best results using regular plaits (braids) on wet hair. I generally leave them overnight and take the braids out in the morning. That should help you tame the hair a bit.

Since you do your hair yourself, you could also take part of the install down and then put the tracks back in, spacing them further apart, so that you use less hair. Since it's curly, it shouldn't look thin.

Ok, I will try that. Man, I hope it helps. Don't want to take it all out and redo it until I have too.

I dont know how Ediese makes hers looks so good. This hair is big and gets dry quickly. On BHM some of the ladies put a Caucasian perm/straightner in it. I relaxed mine for 5mins(I think 5mins) after this it could retain moisture better. But some people know how to use it without manipulating it. It was just unnaturally big and dry to me. I had to walk around with very wet hair until I processed the already processed hair. It's not fuss free hair. I took it out after 4 wks.

I am going to try the straightening for five minutes. What kind of straightener did you use? How did it make the hair look after that? More wavy? I like the texture because it resembles black hair more than the indian hair does.

Sounds like you may have too much hair in... you can try thinning it out or removing some of the tracks. I have in a natural weave and I used less than 4oz.

I do my own weave too and with straight hair Im more inclined to use more hair so that track dont show... U have to account for the fact that the curls themselves take up a lot of space so you need to use less hair. And dont worry the curls will cover the tracks.

HTH!

Can I say one thing? Pink oil moisturizer. It's a godsend for this hair. Get the hair dripping wet and liberally apply pink oil moisturizer in sections and let it air dry. This will help weigh it down and define the curls.

Also. For this particular kind of hair I think that even two whole packs is too much(unless you have a large head). It can get really fluffy and big if you let it.

Also I find that tying it back into a loose ponytail every night helps too.

I am going to try to relax it. I have left conditioner in it. I can't just use one bag of hair, always need to use two. I don't think this hair is working for me. I wasted a bunch of money on it that's for sure but I have to figure out how to get it right cause now I am stuck with it.

Any suggestions on the relaxing it a bit?

I have creole curly and II would say thin it out some.

also I find that taming it with heavy conditioner and finger combing in the shower and letting it drying with out touching it will take away from the big-ness of it. mine is not currently big enuff lol

I read somewhere that someone relaxed it and it tamed it down a bit and made it wavy. I want to try that cause this is ridiculous. Sighs. :wallbash:

I have conditioned it, etc. It is also very very dry hair. Does not hold moisture at all. :wallbash:

I have found a site slightly cheaper than halleys and they have the curly wavy hair I am looking for but unfortunately out of stock right now but I will gladly wait.

I am not happy with halleys selection of hair. So if anyone is interested here is the link and let's pray they don't jack up the prices once the business starts flowing like crazy.

http://stores.indianhairstore.com/StoreFront.bok

Sorry just came back to this thread. I used what I had at home which was Phyto. I mixed a bit of oil in it. I fingered through(with gloves on) and did this section by section, meaning I made a few braids and did a braid at a time,rinse , neutralize and then do another section. The hair still was wavy just manageable and I was able to do the braidouts after this. Visit BHM and they mention use of the Caucasion perm but I didnt know if the hair would need to be rodded after this so I used a mild relaxer.

Sorry just came back to this thread. I used what I had at home which was Phyto. I mixed a bit of oil in it. I fingered through(with gloves on) and did this section by section, meaning I made a few braids and did a braid at a time,rinse , neutralize and then do another section. The hair still was wavy just manageable and I was able to do the braidouts after this. Visit BHM and they mention use of the Caucasion perm but I didnt know if the hair would need to be rodded after this so I used a mild relaxer.

Thank you for the tips Rain. I am going to relax this horrendous hair and hopefully come out with wavy and soft because this is ridiculous. I am going to try Dr. Miracles. That product seems to do wonders for unruly horrendous hair. lol.

Needless to say, Creole Curly is NOT for me. They should get rid of that hair type altogether but unfortunately there are those who swear by it.

Oh well. Halleys has lost a long time customer.

Keep it away from your scalp. Try a test piece if you can. Check on BHM for any other tips before relaxing it.

OK, don't freakout! I have Creole in right now and I've been wearing this is my second install with it! I do agree with the other ladies oz., is all you need for a full head but we can get it to lie down a bit for you. First, don't straighten or flatiron it because I think that the curl pattern will change. So I mix conditioner and water in a spray bottle and wet it down completely, then I use a bit of curl creme and work it through. I also use a anti-frizz serum which I work through as well! Then I just let it air dry, that seems to tame the curls! When I want it bigger I just don't wet it everyday!! I hope this helps you! I love this hair & I hope you will after you get into a cool regimen!!:drunk:

Hey Soul,

What did you decide? Any updates?

I threw a damn relaxer in it. Organics olive oil relaxer (normal), left it in for 10 minutes and I absolutely LOVE the way it looks now! :grin:

The curls are now wavy curls. If I comb it out when its dry it looks like Chaka Khan, Diana Ross hair. I don't mind that look either. lol.

Relaxing it was the best thing for it. I always use 8 to 12 oz's of hair because I like that nice full look.

When it is half way dry I use Pantene Mouse for curls and waves in it. Then it dries to a fluffy wave if i keep fingering it as it dries.

NOW, I am happy!!

Thanks for all the great tips rain/ladies.

I like the malaysian hair better than the indian because it closely resembles AA hair and its coarser.

Back