Hair stylist drama after 12 wk stretch (long)

I'm not a henna user, but I just got a Mizani relaxer in the mail .I was so excited I actually sat and read the entire back of the package. It said not to apply the relaxer if you had henna on your hair. I was :perplexed because I know lots of ladies on her use henna and relax.

From Mizani: This Relaxer contains sodium hydroxide (LYE).
2. Wear appropriate gloves.
3. Follow directions carefully to avoid skin and scalp irritations, hair loss, hair breakage, ear or eye injury.
4. Do not use on hair that has been bleached, stripped or treated with compound henna or metallic dyes. Do not use on hair that has been permed with any products containing ammonium thioglycolate(curly perm) or "Natrual relaxers" containing metallic salts or ammonium bisulfite. Do not use on hair that is breaking, splitting or otherwise damaged.

My henna was not a compound henna...so it should be safe. Whew!

From Mizani: This Relaxer contains sodium hydroxide (LYE).
2. Wear appropriate gloves.
3. Follow directions carefully to avoid skin and scalp irritations, hair loss, hair breakage, ear or eye injury.
4. Do not use on hair that has been bleached, stripped or treated with compound henna or metallic dyes. Do not use on hair that has been permed with any products containing ammonium thioglycolate(curly perm) or "Natrual relaxers" containing metallic salts or ammonium bisulfite. Do not use on hair that is breaking, splitting or otherwise damaged.

My henna was not a compound henna...so it should be safe. Whew!

Okay good!! My pjism has not extended into henna territory yet bc/c I am not wearing my hair down but I definitely want to try it later on so this is good news. BUT, how do you know you have compound henna or errrr single henna? :lachen:I hope you know what I mean:look:

Okay good!! My pjism has not extended into henna territory yet bc/c I am not wearing my hair down but I definitely want to try it later on so this is good news. BUT, how do you know you have compound henna or errrr single henna? :lachen:I hope you know what I mean:look:

I think compound henna refers to the metallic, non-body art henna. The neutral henna I used came from a plant (cassia obovata). I printed out the whole booklet on hennahair.com (or something like that). I haven't extended to the color henna territory yet...still a little nervous about that. I saved hair for my color strand test, but the way I am testing won't tell me if my hair will stay on my head. I have to save my experimenting until after I move.

I think compound henna refers to the metallic, non-body art henna. The neutral henna I used came from a plant (cassia obovata). I printed out the whole booklet on hennahair.com (or something like that). I haven't extended to the color henna territory yet...still a little nervous about that. I saved hair for my color strand test, but the way I am testing won't tell me if my hair will stay on my head. I have to save my experimenting until after I move.

Gotcha:wink2:

Back