Hair straightening pill?

Would you take a pill to change your hair texture to curlier or straighter?

• Yes! I'd be the first to try.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Yes, if the pill had long term studies & effects were reversible.

Votes: 58 33.7%
  • No way, no how.

Votes: 103 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would try it. I wonder would they have a pill for every hair type.

That's what I'm wondering... if they'd have a pill to get type 1 hair, a different pill for type 2, 3a, 3b, etc?
Or is there just a straightening pill and a curly pill and you alter the dosage or how often you take it once the desired results are achieved?
I'm more curious how this would be done rather than the implications.
I wouldn't take it, I'm just curious how such a thing would work. :perplexed

I am tired of people linking the desire for straight hair with self hatred!! I am black, I love myself, love my race. And I like straight hair on ME. So what?
yes God gave me kinky hair...but I would not say that the devil invented relaxers. Humans did, and it is for us to use wisely.
God gave us hairy armpits....who doesn't shave? so you hate yourself?
God gaves us pimples...or is it the devil? why try to get rid of them anyway? if you use anti acne so you hate yourself?
why trim your nails? they are natural and god gave them to us.
Its sooo frustrating to me when people are bringing up the self hatred thing all the time. And don't bring up the historical origins/meanings of relaxers, etc.
We are in 2009 and today it is a CHOICE to have straight hair or not. You want it/ like it, or you don't. Self hatred would be to force yourself to be/have something you don't prefer just because it is supposed to be the "right" thing to do.

I was waiting, desperately hoping that someone, anyone, would come up in here and tell the truth!!! :hide:

I would take it.... If it didnt have side effects..
I do get jealous of people who have a looser texture..
I might get bashed but thats how i feel..

Its so unfair.. lol..
It would be nice to be able to grow long bouncy hair so easy as caucasians..

See the problem I have with this pill is not so much that it straightens hair but rather that it has been made at all seeming to suggest that curly hair is such an affliction that it must be resolved at the molecular level in the same way as say a serious illness? Also whilst they are developing this curly hair pill are they also making one that makes straight hair curl or is curly hair deemed to be solely problematic which troubles me again as it points to one form of beauty being held as the aesthetic standard and being more highly prized above all others.

I already live in a country where all the white women strive to look like each other (the price of feminism eh :ohwell:). The idea that black women and other woc could also be pushed further down the road to striving for this form of "perfection" troubles me greatly.

We were not all meant to be a homogeneous blend of straight haired women, differences are a wonderful thing and even evolutive at times. I am just troubled by the thought of pills like this is all.....:ohwell:

I also wonder if we lived in a world where black beauty was held to be the dominant asthetic whether the women who answered yes would still answer yes?

Back