Hair Sticks, how do you use these?

DigitalRain

I love these things and I bought two sets at Claires. I asked the lady how to use them and she quickly came over and whipped my hair in an updo with these two nifty sticks and voila. I thought I paid close enough attention. Got home and tried to use these sticks and my hair looked like
antlers.gif
plus the sticks were falling out.

Any thorough tips on how to use these, more so for french twist than a bun. Thanks.
grin.gif

For putting them in a french twist, make sure they're laying against your head and not in the middle of the hair because they are more likely to fall out.

Constuct your french twist a little differently, in that you're going to tuck the end part of your hair under the twist instead of on the side of it. This will create a supportive base for your sticks. You may also want to use a small clip or bobby pin to keep the tucked hair in place.

The best way to position them in this type of hairstyle is in an 'x' shape.

As you're sliding the first one in, loop it diagonally, gently and securely down into the base, then have it come out a little (you'll have to use your fingers for judgement because you won't be able to see what you're doing. After it comes out, thread it back in again.

Do the same for the other stick but position it infront of the first one.

You can either have the stick come out at the bottom of the french twist (if they are long sticks) or in the middle of the twist (if they are small or medium sized sticks).

Thanks for the instructions Boadicea. I did this successfully on Christmas with my French Twist, but not consistantly, my sticks kept falling out.

What you want to stay away from is just putting them in your hair straight with no base and no looping because they'll just slip right on out.

I almost missed this post. I have an album of how I use chopsticks. My explanation is kind of hard to follow, so I apologize for the wording. I guess for a french roll, you can turn it sideways.

Thanks Boadicea. That makes sense.
smile.gif

Cdfrank- I really like your protective style with tne sticks. I may try that one tomorrow and see what it looks like on me. Your hair looks good too!

Thanks, Isis! I hope that you will like the style. Since you are doing the bun challenge, it will be one more option for you!

Back