Hair set back with comparison pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another member, SweetCashew got that much growth in two months if not more

http://public.fotki.com/sweetcashew/may-07-hair-cut/
So it is very possible, just rare.
Congrats on your progress OP :grin:

Okay So I just came back in because I am still in awe. Call me a hater, call it whatever you want. I'm in disbelief. Either God is really on your side or I just simply cannot believe all that was grown in 3 months. I'm sorry but that's like 5-7 inches of growth. Thats genetically impossible. You have to be drinking some of that tuck everlasting water..somethin.

Last edited:
Another member, SweetCashew got that much growth in three months if not more

http://public.fotki.com/sweetcashew/may-07-hair-cut/
So it is very possible, just rare.
Congrats on your progress OP :grin:

With Sweet Cashew we're comparing May 8 07 to Nov 9 07 right?

Thats 6 months of growth. Not 3 months. A whole different ball game. Sweet Cashew looks like shes growing an inch a month maybe a bit more. But to me its more understandable to go from WL (with curled ends) to tail bone in 6 months. And if you count the full month of May its 7 months. To me it looks like the OP went from SL to MBL in 3 months. To me she looks MBL. I don't believe that the OP is lying. LOL I just think she got her dates mixed up. This is like damn unbelievable! No pun to the OP.

Yeah that's why I can believe the OP...it's not like it doesn't ever happen. It's just rare.

Op your growth rate is pretty fast...I'm jealous. But at least you were able to recover quickly because of it.

I just wish I could retain half of the length she gained in a year. That's all I want....I ain't greedy. But my hair does NOT want to cooperate. I think I'm just going to wig it for a while and see what happens :drunk:

Last edited:
Now I wish I had a pic of my hair before the cut but I don't take hair pics normally so I had no reason to take a pic.

I can't recall exactly but I think my last relaxer for June had to be mid April because normally I get relaxers every 8-12 weeks and my next relaxer was not due until the end of June. the week it happened because my aunts funeral was on that saturday and my cuz did my hair that following wednesday.

September pic , a relaxer was needed. So it had to be in July. The pic was taken the on the 11th of sept. (daughter came home for aka biz).

She took the sept pic not me. I took the first only to show what was done.

Yeah the second pic looks kinda iffy to me. Look closely. Hmmmz...And all you did was blowdry? It looks like gel in the second pic. Maybe trying to hide a track?? Who knows, lol.

Last edited:

Thats 6 months of growth. Not 3 months. A whole different ball game. Sweet Cashew looks like shes growing an inch a month maybe a bit more. But to me its more understandable to go from WL (with curled ends) to tail bone in 6 months. And if you count the full month of May its 7 months. To me it looks like the OP went from SL to MBL in 3 months. To me she looks MBL. I don't believe that the OP is lying. LOL I just think she got her dates mixed up. This is like damn unbelievable! No pun to the OP.

The dates may be right indeed but her hair looks very textured in the 1st pic. I am sure the hair was longer. It looks like the beautician didn't do a good job of blowdrying in that 1st shot. I do see that is slightly unbalanced. I would have been foaming at the mouth. I think that happened to missj recently too.

It is genetically possible for people to grow hair that fast. Just like you have "slow" growers (who grow 1/8 inch per month) you also have the opposite end of the spectrum, "super" growers (who grow 3-4 inches per month). There are always people who don't fall within the "norm" of growing ~1/2 inch a month.

No, from her May 07 (~MBL/top of WSL) hair cut to Jun 07 (~TBL). If you look in her May 07 hair cut album she shows the comparison :yep:

The dates may be right indeed but her hair looks very textured in the 1st pic. I am sure the hair was longer. It looks like the beautician didn't do a good job of blowdrying in that 1st shot. I do see that is slightly unbalanced. I would have been foaming at the mouth. I think that happened to missj recently too.

ITA.
In the first pic, if her hair had been bone straight and that was the length, then I would have been like...hm.
But it's very textured, the ends look curled under, and then add in what OP just said about her relaxer, then it's possible that the shrinkage from the new growth made it look much shorter than it actually was.

I'm kind of sad now...this was supposed to be such a triumph for OP. People shouldn't be insinuating that she's lying...:sad:

Nooo that's not what happened. Remember I said she rollerset, wrapped and flat ironed. That pic is what took after I washed it because I hated it so much. I washed my hair and put it in a bun and that was it.

If you look closely at the first pic you can see that it is uneven. My hair is uneven now but you can't really tell because I keep it in ponies or flexies.

It is genetically possible for people to grow hair that fast. Just like you have "slow" growers (who grow 1/8 inch per month) you also have the opposite end of the spectrum, "super" growers (who grow 3-4 inches per month). There are always people who don't fall within the "norm" of growing ~1/2 inch a month.

When I said genetically impossible I was being facetious. I don't know if anyone has the right to deem anything 'genetically' impossible due to our genes doin freaky things every day. Now I must say I DONT believe there is anyone who grows 4 inches a month. Thats stretching it.

Nooo that's not what happened. Remember I said she rollerset, wrapped and flat ironed. That pic is what took after I washed it because I hated it so much. I washed my hair and put it in a bun and that was it.

If you look closely at the first pic you can see that it is uneven. My hair is uneven now but you can't really tell because I keep it in ponies or flexies.

Ok, i now understand op. don't fret, i'm not calling you a liar :nono: I just didn't understand why one pic was so straight and the other so textured. If you washed it and threw it in a bun then there was likely tons on texture and coils going on. Thats my only point. I am sure she cut much more than you desired but it may be a little misleading to some that are trying to understand how such drastic growth was possible.

Anyway, not here to argue with you and i'm sorry that this happened. This is why i haven't been to a "beautician" in a few years.

Ooooo. So your hair in the first pic wasn't even blowdried? So there could have been lots of shrinkage in there...making your hair seem much shorter than it actually was in the first pic.

No, from her May 07 (~MBL/top of WSL) hair cut to Jun 07 (~TBL). If you look in her May 07 hair cut album she shows the comparison :yep:

Oooh I see. Sweet Cashew undeniably has great growth. Looks like she gets about 1.5 inches growth a month. Amazing. Still however in her may pic her ends are curled. This just might get me sippin on that shut my mouth potion. However even lookin at Cashews growth I don't see her going from SL to MBL in 3 months. Her growth is undeniable however. Can I just get my hater title already? :lachen:

This is only my second time ever posting pics. The first time I posted pics to review the FHI flat iron. I think that was 2 years ago. So my hair then to mid back length before the cut is not drastic. I didn't say my hair is mid back length now. It's bra strap only and choppy so I have to get it cut off once it grows out enough.

Posting pics apparently was not a good idea but at least I am hearing the opposite from people who see me and tell me its almost and yada yada yada. So like I said, it is what it is and for those who don't believe me I still feel great about it. :spinning:

So thanks everyone for looking at the pics!:yep:

***Yes the first and second pics were blow dried. Me and air drying don't get along. After it was blowdried it was bunned.
***She cut 5/6 inches regardless of how the coin is flipped. Imagine going from mid back to shoulder. It's not a lot of shrinkage since it was blow dried first.

Last edited:
Honestly OP. I don't think you are lying. It is so wonderful that you grew so much so fast. You should feel so blessed esp. since your beautician was pretty much evil to do that to your hair. From what you said in your story it sounded like she was jealous & just started snippin away & now that you're damn MBL after 3 months of that catastrophe swing that hair girl in her face, & if you want to whip it mines its okay mama. With all this laughin & jokin I hope I didn't hurt your feelings because I know how it feels to go through something catastrophic with your hair. With that said, if you really got some secret voodoo juice PM me girl. I wanna know.

This is only my second time ever posting pics. The first time I posted pics to review the FHI flat iron. I think that was 2 years ago. So my hair then to mid back length before the cut is not drastic. I didn't say my hair is mid back length now. It's bra strap only and choppy so I have to get it cut off once it grows out enough.

Posting pics apparently was not a good idea but at least I am hearing the opposite from people who see me and tell me its almost and yada yada yada. So like I said, it is what it is and for those who don't believe me I still feel great about it. :spinning:

So thanks everyone for looking at the pics!:yep:

Your hair looks good and your progress is great regardless of how long it took. I liked seeing your pics so I'm glad you posted them.

Your hair looks good and your progress is great regardless of how long it took. I liked seeing your pics so I'm glad you posted them.
Me, too. I'm still drooling over the "after" pic.

OP be sure to post your trim pics. It's so encouraging to see the progress of others as it motivates me to stay positive on my healthy hair journey....We all learn so much from each other.

Ooooo. So your hair in the first pic wasn't even blowdried? So there could have been lots of shrinkage in there...making your hair seem much shorter than it actually was in the first pic.

I asked her that a few posts ago and she said that both times her beautician blew her hair out the same. Idk.

The 2nd pic is blow dried as well as the first, the only difference is the first pic was in a pony tail that is why you see the waves. I took the pony down to send pics to fam because no one believed she cut my hair. I have no other pics before the cut but it is what it is.

Lord only knows I wish it was an illusion. It was still shoulder length no matter how much I wished it were not so.

Last edited:
I believe you. I have a girlfriend that can cut her hair to SL then be BSL in like 4 months by just braiding her hair and leaving it alone. By the way she is black and her parents are black. Also you could have had a growth spurt, I always get those in the summer months then when the winter comes my hair just grows slow. Happy hair growing I wish my hair would grow that fast.

is the first pic in june hair curled...because maybe its actually longer in the june pic than it appears...if its curled.

Regardless, your growth is inhuman and i need your regi STAT! You need to give it up NOW! lol all that hair in 3 monts wow!

I'm sorry but if I were near you and you told me all this I'd.....umm............I'd have to do a weave-check on ya!

OTOH, I'm glad you got over the vicious cut; it happend to me last summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back