Hair Like Silk

diamondlady

I don't know what my stylist did this time but she did my hair Saturday and it felt like silk. It was soft, bouncy and beautiful. I can NEVER get it to do what she does, even when I use the same products she uses.

A good friend of mine saw my hair and asked if she could touch it and I told her sure. She raved about how it felt and before I knew it others were just walking up touching my hair (which didn't sit well with me). Anyway, one of the ladies told a white lady to feel my hair. The white ady did ask and I guess I looked at her strangely, cause she started explaining that this girl had told her to touch my hair. Finally I thought well she did ask and I allowed her to touch my hair. Her eyes got huge and she said "it feels like silk, it's so soft"

I went to my girl friend and told her to stop telling people to feel my hair, I don't want a lot hands in my head. She said people could not believe a Black person's hair could feel like that. She said I should feel honored.

diamondlady said:
I don't know what my stylist did this time but she did my hair Saturday and it felt like silk. It was soft, bouncy and beautiful. I can NEVER get it to do what she does, even when I use the same products she uses.

A good friend of mine saw my hair and asked if she could touch it and I told her sure. She raved about how it felt and before I knew it others were just walking up touching my hair (which didn't sit well with me). Anyway, one of the ladies told a white lady to feel my hair. The white ady did ask and I guess I looked at her strangely, cause she started explaining that this girl had told her to touch my hair. Finally I thought well she did ask and I allowed her to touch my hair. Her eyes got huge and she said "it feels like silk, it's so soft"

I went to my girl friend and told her to stop telling people to feel my hair, I don't want a lot hands in my head. She said people could not believe a Black person's hair could feel like that. She said I should feel honored.
Sounds like your hair results were very nice.

Don't let everyone put their hands in your hair. I remember a lady getting ring worm (which resulted in a small bald spot - about the size of a nickel or quarter). She said it came from a whole lot of people putting their hands in her hair. I'm guessing their hands were dirty.

diamondlady said:

Lol, feel honored, huh? Why because you validated something a white person thought impossible? I guess u should get an award. The Black people comments never cease to amaze me.

And you know I have to ask, what does your stylist use on your hair?

@Sweet Dreams:

I was thinking the same thing. White people should be trying to figure out how to make their hair look and feel like mine, haha.

This creeps me out. Just the thought of strangers touching my hair almost makes me ill. Who the heck knows where their dirty hands have been? :ill:

Ok, now fess up! What did your stylist use to make it feel so silky? :lol:

Allandra, I didn't want all these people touching my hair, but what can you do when people run up behind you and the next thing you know you feel your hair being tugged? You can say, "Please don't do that" which is what I said and 5 minutes later a completely different person is doing the same thing.

Sweetdreams, I know my friend is kinda light upstairs. She always says things that I find incrediably stupid. Why should I even care what White people think?

MizAvalon, It creeps me out also when these people (although I did know them, I didn't want them touching my hair) came running up touching my hair. KeraCare products is what she uses and something called "CatWalk" leave in (she has never used it before)

HairMaster, thanks for the input, I may try your products 'cause I'm not having any luck with hers.

Prettygrl, PM sent

diamondlady said:
Allandra, I didn't want all these people touching my hair, but what can you do when people run up behind you and the next thing you know you feel your hair being tugged? You can say, "Please don't do that" which is what I said and 5 minutes later a completely different person is doing the same thing.

Sweetdreams, I know my friend is kinda light upstairs. She always says things that I find incrediably stupid. Why should I even care what White people think?

MizAvalon, It creeps me out also when these people (although I did know them, I didn't want them touching my hair) came running up touching my hair. KeraCare products is what she uses and something called "CatWalk" leave in (she has never used it before)

HairMaster, thanks for the input, I may try your products 'cause I'm not having any luck with hers.

Prettygrl, PM sent

Do you know which catwalk leave in she used? I know they have a couple of them.

diamondlady said:
Girl, ask them 'are your hands clean'. Yes, I am serious.

I too have the silky hair. I actually peeped out what she used today. Hair Toys Silk & Repair Serum and her Chi iron. That serum is the truth!:D

Hey Diamondlady,

Glad your stylist hooked your hair up right; I'm assuming that this is NOT the same stylist that jacked your hair up a while back! Hope all is well with you. :)

indefinite said:
I too have the silky hair. I actually peeped out what she used today. Hair Toys Silk & Repair Serum and her Chi iron. That serum is the truth!:D

Hmmm ... after checking out that product it seems to be the same thing as the Farouk Deep Brilliance Silk Reflection drops; when I use that line my hair feels like silk as well ... I'm sure SuperGirl can vouch for that as well. :)

You should feel honored??? What? Why?

White people have so many wring ideas about our hair. It really gets on my nerve. The whole 'our hair grows slower' thing gets on my ever loving nerve.

Will ignorance ever cease?

BTW, glad your stylist hooked you up.

Don't hate white people for wanting to touch healthy hair. They have been told that black hair feels like brillo pad. I hope more of you try the Farouk products like Biosilk silk therapy and the CHI SHAMPOO INFRA AND SILK INFUSION. with the CHI flat iron you will feel the difference.

hairmaster said:
Don't hate white people for wanting to touch healthy hair. They have been told that black hair feels like brillo pad. I hope more of you try the Farouk products like Biosilk silk therapy and the CHI SHAMPOO INFRA AND SILK INFUSION. with the CHI flat iron you will feel the difference.

i bought the silk therapy last night and tried it this morning... i must say, i felt a difference instantly... i'm not used to wearing my hair straight anymore (this is the first time since may) and i won't be wearing it straight after this week for probably 3 more months... but the silk therapy is making it easier...

Back