HAIR LENGTH vs. BODY SIZE

Many asian women I met are my size or smaller(5'2) with a petite frame and have at least BSL till tailbone length hair.
It looks beautiful and sexy on them I don't know why it should make me look like cousin IT.
And trust me men love it:yep:

This is the only point I found on google about hair length...

TIP - Hair texture determines appropriate hair length. Jennifer’s long hair made it look thin and see-through. Arsen gave her a bob haircut with barely there layers to create movement and maintain fullness and body. I made her hair a shade darker to create the illusion of more hair. I then added highlights only to the top layers of her hair to add depth and the impression of fullness. Jennifer looked like a new woman and the quintessential professional.

Not body size but texture...according to this writter/researcher/reporter who knows :)

I'm 5 ft and I love long hair......I have always had long hair and as long as it grows I'm keeping the length......Men love it .. My husband....My Father...The only comments I get are from women who don't have hair......( Not directed at anyone here)!!!

Just like the only people that make comments about my weight and being petite are bigger women....

I 've learned to do what makes me happy.....Long hair is something that every black women can not achieve because they haven't been educated....Some women secretly hate on each other....So I do what makes Traycee happy!!!

You go...cousin it [me] signing up!

well im planning for TBL and i think it will look good on me especially with 50-75% shrinkage

ETA im 5'1

This is the only point I found on google about hair length...

TIP - Hair texture determines appropriate hair length. Jennifer’s long hair made it look thin and see-through. Arsen gave her a bob haircut with barely there layers to create movement and maintain fullness and body. I made her hair a shade darker to create the illusion of more hair. I then added highlights only to the top layers of her hair to add depth and the impression of fullness. Jennifer looked like a new woman and the quintessential professional.

Not body size but texture...according to this writter/researcher/reporter who knows :)

Very good point. My hair is fine and a day or two after straightening it can get flat and not too cute. So I can understand how people feel that texture should be taken into consideration especially if you are wearing your hair straight. However, I find that length gives me options that I wouldn't have if my hair were shorter -- for example, pulling it back when it goes flat, wearing a roller set (which gives fullness and body) or doing a braid out/wash and go.

Well, I'm 5'11" and think long hair looks great on anyone (short, tall, skinny, or heavy) who takes care of it! :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. Most of the Asian women I know are very short and petite with MBL hair and longer. And they look elegant with very long hair. It also helps that they all have beautiful, healthy medium to thick shiny hair!
Originally posted by ella
Many asian women I met are my size or smaller(5'2) with a petite frame and have at least BSL till tailbone length hair.
It looks beautiful and sexy on them I don't know why it should make me look like cousin IT.
And trust me men love it:yep:

I have been told by some of my co-workers that I should cut my hair. Now mind you, they have short hair and really like short hair. I particularly like long hair and I am trying to grow mine that way. I am currently a little past shoulder length.

I have been told that full figured women should not wear long hair, because it makes us look bigger. I don't think that is true. I think long or short hair looks good on anyone as long as it suits their face and the style suits them also.

I have been told by some of my co-workers that I should cut my hair. Now mind you, they have short hair and really like short hair. I particularly like long hair and I am trying to grow mine that way. I am currently a little past shoulder length.

I have been told that full figured women should not wear long hair, because it makes us look bigger. I don't think that is true. I think long or short hair looks good on anyone as long as it suits their face and the style suits them also.
Well I'm full-figured (atleast for now- Thanks Pinkskates!:drunk:) I'm about 5'8 and when my hair gets to be MBL, it ain't goin' no where! I can't wait!! I think long hair looks nice on us- it comes back to style. Blah hair at any length looks unflattering on any body type.

Im a big girl and when I BCd my sister didn't like it. She said it made me look bigger, that it didn't fit my face. I didn't think so. Plus, I was growing it out anyway. I would be happy with shoulder length.

There was a thread sometime ago where someone posted that a stylist told them that heavy people shouldn't have long hair. Thats crazy.

prolly what no one in this thread wants to hear but imma say it anywayz.....

that's why being natural can be such a wonderful option for women. :grin:

you can go from shorty shrunk to long, flowing Rapunzel in a matter of a couple hours.

why limit yourself or your happiness simply because of what other people think?

pick your options then do what's best for you.

So very true.

Back