Hair is SO dry and I need help!

CB1731

Hi! I'm new and I need some help with my hair. I've been up all hours of the night lately reading posts and trying to come up with a regimen. I've been co-washing every other day and DCing once a week. I've been using Cantu moisturizing oil but it is greasy to me so I tried infusium 23 leave-in. It feels ok for a while but at the end of the day, my hair is DRY and brittle. To make it all worse, I have 3 textures in my hair (natural roots,texlaxed middle and relaxed straight ends. I don't need if I need more moisture or protein. I'm so lost. Any ideas? Sorry if this question is constantly asked. I hate being the newbie.

I know for a fact the Infusium 23 has protein in it. What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using? That will help us to determine if you're getting protein overload, etc.

BTW, welcome!!

Thank you! I'm using the generic version of Nexxus humectress & therappe shampoo and conditioner once a week. For cowashing, I use V05 moisture milks, Skala cerimides g3, or Suave Humectant.

I posted something similar in another post today. I also think that there is protein in this product. It is important to read and understand the ingredients in products to know whether or not a product has protein. Also, this product has a lot of cones in it. Your hair may not like cones, also causing the dryness. What are you cowashing and DCing with?

Common protein ingredients include:

* Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein

* Hydrolyzed Silk Protein

* Hydrolyzed Soy Protein

* Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

* Silk Amino Acids

* Silk Protein

* Soy Protein

* Wheat Amino Acids

* Wheat Protein

Thanks! I'll study that list.

I forgot to mention that I just DC'd with Joico Moisture Recovery yesterday. Everything I use feels great when it's first on but doesn't seem to be helping.

maybe you should use olive oil leave in. it works well for me. but, but i think it might be a big too heavy for your hair. so maybe you should use the motions leave in. my neice is mixed with that fine curly hair and it's not too greasy for her hair. it soaks that stuff up in an hr. and she literally sighs when we put it in her hair haha. poor baby.

maybe you should use olive oil leave in. it works well for me. but, but i think it might be a big too heavy for your hair. so maybe you should use the motions leave in. my neice is mixed with that fine curly hair and it's not too greasy for her hair. it soaks that stuff up in an hr. and she literally sighs when we put it in her hair haha. poor baby.

lol too cute! I will check out the Motions. Thanks

I know it is a lot of information. Since you are new on this journey there will be a lot of trial and error. You probably need a new leave in conditioner.

Here are a few product suggestions, but there are MANY, MANY others:
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream
Aubrey Organics - Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (I prefer this as a DC. I mix mine with oil)
Aubrey Organics - White Camellia Conditioner
Vitaglo.com has the best prices on Aubrey products. Free shipping with $60 purchase
Yes To Carrots Hair & Scalp Moisturizing Mud Mask (DC)
Rusk Smoother Passionflower & Aloe Leave-In Texturizing Conditioner

Different links:
YouTube - Leave In Conditioner Recipe - Step by Step
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...-fall-steaming-challenge-sept-dec-2010-a.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...18-how-often-do-you-moisturize-your-hair.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha.../502392-name-your-favorite-hair-products.html

I think you should clarify first and start on a clean slate. The previous posters have given you good tips, but it could be that you have product build up which would prevent event the right product from working properly.

Back