Hair gurus possibly lurk here...

ubavka123

Or are known members...I have to say that I was tickled to visit Carolyn Gray's website to find that most recently she has been "experimenting" with pre-conditioning dry hair with ORS hair mayo. :lol: Of course, I immediately thought, hey Macherieamour brought that up on LHCF (of course no props are given to the board). I don't think this is a coincidence.

Hey Carolyn, I love the recent updates. Your hair is looking lovely. :)

I am not trying to be controversial, or call anybody out, but you know LHCF is big when the hair growth gurus start borrowing tips.

Or it could just be a coincidence. :lol:

I do not think it is a coincidence. Carolyn is no kinda fool, she knows where to look for hair help but her favorite comment is... "I do not know, I only use my own products." Ha, yea right! I don't think she'd give props to this site..it'd cut into her book profits.

It could be a coincidence. I use to do pre poos with ORS hair mayo 7 years ago before I ever heard of LHCF. I use to do it in the winter because I didn't want to walk around with my hair wet while I conditioned. As a matter of fact, most of the things I see people doing on this site I've either tried on myself, done on other people or known about for years and years.
Most of the advice on this site is common sense when it comes to hair. It's tried and true tips a lot of women I know have been following all their life.

sweetcashew said:
It could be a coincidence. I use to do pre poos with ORS hair mayo 7 years ago before I ever heard of LHCF. I use to do it in the winter because I didn't want to walk around with my hair wet while I conditioned. As a matter of fact, most of the things I see people doing on this site I've either tried on myself, done on other people or known about for years and years.
Most of the advice on this site is common sense when it comes to hair. It's tried and true tips a lot of women I know have been following all their life.

You are right. The pre pooing with conditioner is nothing new. My aunt who use to works at JC Penny at least 10 years ago use to do this to her clients. (me included) It really could be coincidence but I know when you type your user name in a search engince it leads you here. I am sure she might have done the same and ended up here. Either way, I am thankful for LHCF and Carolyn Gray alike. Keep growing ladies.

sweetcashew said:

I agree. I heard about pre-pooing from a magazine when I was in hs, and I've been using ORS Mayo for probably as long.

I would agree with those of you who say it's a coincidence, if it weren't for the fact that she followed up with exclusively Keracare products. Now y'all know that Macherieamour is a big Keracare advocate...A few too many similarities, you know. In any case, this post is not meant to be negative, I just found it very interesting that she may be following LHCF methods, or tracking what works for members here and trying it on her hair. If that is the case, it is too bad credit isn't given where it's due, is all...I have nothing against Carolyn Gray--quite the contrary. I enjoy perusing her website and seeing her updates. Her hair is, as I said, lovely. :)

ubavka123 said:
I would agree with those of you who say it's a coincidence, if it weren't for the fact that she followed up with exclusively Keracare products. Now y'all know that Macherieamour is a big Keracare advocate...A few too many similarities, you know. In any case, this post is not meant to be negative, I just found it very interesting that she may be following LHCF methods, or tracking what works for members here and trying it on her hair. If that is the case, it is too bad credit isn't given where it's due, is all...I have nothing against Carolyn Gray--quite the contrary. I enjoy perusing her website and seeing her updates. Her hair is, as I said, lovely. :)

Now that's interesting...

well, i guess it's just me....i knew of NONE of this stuff before coming here. I didn't even think conditioner was that important, let alone using it before and after shampooing....

naturallylovely said:
i would believe it, that's exactly what kinikakes does....

And i actually learned that from Macherie, when i first joined the boards!!! :lol:

I think everything we all do now (on every hair board, lmaooo) has been passed down, borrowed, recycled, passed down some more, recycled, borrowed, and passed down again. I love it!!!!! :lachen:

Last edited:
I don't think she "stole" Macherie's methods. I love Macherie's hair, but she didn't invent the pre-poo, Keracare, and rollerset regimen. My aunt has used Keracare for a few years now, and she also uses ORS Hair Mayo. You have to remember that although some members' regimens may be popular, they weren't the first to start using it.

Jaizee said:
I don't think she "stole" Macherie's methods. I love Macherie's hair, but she didn't invent the pre-poo, Keracare, and rollerset regimen. My aunt has used Keracare for a few years now, and she also uses ORS Hair Mayo. You have to remember that although some members' regimens may be popular, they weren't the first to start using it.

I'm not suggesting she stole anything, just maybe borrowed it. ;) :) I know she was a member on another board, and whatever the ladies were discussing that was hot at the moment would sometimes be in her updates. Basically, she'd be doing the same thing and experimenting right along with them (and she was sharing what worked for her). I actually save oned of her posts because it was so helpful to me. Like Kinikakes said, this stuff has been recycled and passed down again and again. I'm still more inclined to think it's not coincidence (and there is nothing wrong with that! :) ), but I appreciate all of your opinions! :)

ubavka123 said:
I'm not suggesting she stole anything, just maybe borrowed it. ;) :) I know she was a member on another board, and whatever the ladies were discussing that was hot at the moment would sometimes be in her updates. Basically, she'd be doing the same thing and experimenting right along with them (and she was sharing what worked for her). I actually save oned of her posts because it was so helpful to me. Like Kinikakes said, this stuff has been recycled and passed down again and again. I'm still more inclined to think it's not coincidence (and there is nothing wrong with that! :) ), but I appreciate all of your opinions! :)

Oh, I know you weren't suggesting that she stole her routine. :) My whole point is that the whole pre-poo, Keracare regimen isn't exremely unique. If someone here had a regimen of pre-poo at the full moon, wash in filtered rain water, and moisturize with Humecto while doing handstands, and some hair guru suddenly started doing that, then yeah, I would definitely think that she "borrowed" that person's regimen. :lol:

Jaizee said:
Oh, I know you weren't suggesting that she stole her routine. :) My whole point is that the whole pre-poo, Keracare regimen isn't exremely unique. If someone here had a regimen of pre-poo at the full moon, wash in filtered rain water, and moisturize with Humecto while doing handstands, and some hair guru suddenly started doing that, then yeah, I would definitely think that she "borrowed" that person's regimen. :lol:

:lol: :lachen: I see your point...:)

Oh for sure. Probably are even members. I sometimes wonder if there are members that work for hair companies promoting products here.:ohwell:

MamaBraidedIt said:
Oh for sure. Probably are even members. I sometimes wonder if there are members that work for hair companies promoting products here.:ohwell:

I was thinking that too. One lady even admitted to working for a company that sold relaxers. She got all defensive because someone dissed the relaxer.

Reading this thread makes me want to start a thread entitled:

What is it that you or your hairdresser do to your hair, that no one else does?

what'cha think?

pistachio said:
I'd say hair gurus and celebrities too.

I agree with this! I was reading an article about TAMIA and she used terms that I believe are hair board specific, like "product junkie" said she had tons and tons of conditioners and ordered in bulk...:grin: that sounds like a LHCF trait to me.

Hey guys!

What an interesting topic! I do agree that my reggie is not too unqiue and I did not invent anything really but I have never known two people on the board have the same exact reggie. For alll the factors to align (pre-poo with ORS, Keracare, rollersetting) is kind of a strange coincedence BUT I think thats awesome either way!

Hey Im here to share and learn! I got my first reggie from CarmelHonee and kinda picked up stuff along the way. If any hair gurus are lurking, Id say welcome and please dont be afraid to contribute because we are all here to learn and grow! We know you have little gems to share- dont be scurrrred:lol:

Alli77 said:
I agree with this! I was reading an article about TAMIA and she used terms that I believe are hair board specific, like "product junkie" said she had tons and tons of conditioners and ordered in bulk...:grin: that sounds like a LHCF trait to me.

Hey Tamia! :wave: I love your new CD.

Jaizee said:

Maan...how did you find out about my regimen :lachen: .

Chayil

MamaBraidedIt said:

Shalom all,

I had brought something like this up in another post a while ago. This could be possible. I think hair companies would join, gain trust, then say hey I tried this product some weeks ago and my hair grew 1/2 in one week. As a matter of fact there could be several from one company working together as well as others.

Back