Hair for weaves??

Have you worn a weave before?

• No never

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yes, and I noticed a change in my hair for the better (growth, thickness etc)

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes and I noticed a change for the worst (breakage, thinning etc)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Yes, I haven't noticed a difference

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

vonte422

Hey ladies, I'm trying to find some good affordable hair (college student budget) for a sew in partial weave. I plan on getting my hair done next week tuesday or thursday for my birthday on the 22nd. I heard mixed reviews on milky way and Ive heard of people using Janet, I plan on buying one pack I just want about 3 or 4 tracks sewn in. Also if you ladies can also recommend hair with some texture to it not barbie hair because I am a relaxed 4a. Thank you ladies.

I also found this site
http://www.reniece.com/faqs.html

Hey ladies, I'm trying to find some good affordable hair (college student budget) for a sew in partial weave. I plan on getting my hair done next week tuesday or thursday for my birthday on the 22nd. I heard mixed reviews on milky way and Ive heard of people using Janet, I plan on buying one pack I just want about 3 or 4 tracks sewn in. Also if you ladies can also recommend hair with some texture to it not barbie hair because I am a relaxed 4a. Thank you ladies.

I also found this site
http://www.reniece.com/faqs.html

I like Black Diamond

I like MW and they also have cheaper hair like Model Model which is made by the same ppl and they work the same....When I get their hair I leave it in for a month at a time and I only wrap my hair and never have to use a flat iron on my weave at all besides the first day to give it that wrap look b4 i go out.

You need to go to the store and look at the hair. You need to find the brand that blends the best with your hair. I think you should take other people's reviews into consideration but no matter brand you buy, if it doesn't blend with your hair it's not going to look natural.

For instance, when I was relaxed I always bought a particular brand because my hair is fine and it looked more like my hair. One of my other gfs bought the same one because our hair was similar. One of my other friends always bought Milky Way because it looks kinky along the strand. It looked more like her hair.

As long as you don't buy cheap ratty hair, any brand should work for you. Especially since you mentioned that you only want a few tracks mixed in. The key to a good weave is getting it to blend. Go to the store so you can look at the hair and touch it.

I love the Outre Velvet Remi :grin:. I wanted a natural texture and the yaki hair from this line was perfect, I have been re-using this hair for the past 3 months with little to no shedding and no tangling.

:ohwell: The ONLY thing is that is doesnt hold a tight curling iron curl.

I love the Outre Velvet Remi :grin:. I wanted a natural texture and the yaki hair from this line was perfect, I have been re-using this hair for the past 3 months with little to no shedding and no tangling.

:ohwell: The ONLY thing is that is doesnt hold a tight curling iron curl.

Ditto. THis is a really good brand BSS hair and it lasts for a decent amount of time. I used it for a friends' install and I was surprized at the quality and It only took 1 pack of hair to do a full head weave.

Yea u are right, I guess it never matter in my case cause I always have a FULL head sew-in....so I dont have to worry about that blending crap.:look:
You need to go to the store and look at the hair. You need to find the brand that blends the best with your hair. I think you should take other people's reviews into consideration but no matter brand you buy, if it doesn't blend with your hair it's not going to look natural.

For instance, when I was relaxed I always bought a particular brand because my hair is fine and it looked more like my hair. One of my other gfs bought the same one because our hair was similar. One of my other friends always bought Milky Way because it looks kinky along the strand. It looked more like her hair.

As long as you don't buy cheap ratty hair, any brand should work for you. Especially since you mentioned that you only want a few tracks mixed in. The key to a good weave is getting it to blend. Go to the store so you can look at the hair and touch it.

okay ladies so I ended up buying outre yaki premium. Something of that matter I dont have the pack at my fingeertips. The color is a 2 but i compared it to my hair at home and now it looks like I may need a 1b (the 2 has a very deep mixture of red that i didnt notice in the store) do you ladies think its okay for me to use the 2 since i will only be sewing in 3 tracks or exchange it for the darker color. I do have a lighter brown on my ends (thanks to bigen rich medium brown). I was told that i should base the hair color on my roots i just want it to blend in naturally. (im trying to surprise my SO when i see him for my birthday next week) I will post pics

Yea u are right, I guess it never matter in my case cause I always have a FULL head sew-in....so I dont have to worry about that blending crap.:look:

Yeah, it doesn't matter for me now either. I pretty much only do full heads because my hair is natural. But I hate to see people with their hair one texture and the weave another.

okay ladies so I ended up buying outre yaki premium. Something of that matter I dont have the pack at my fingeertips. The color is a 2 but i compared it to my hair at home and now it looks like I may need a 1b (the 2 has a very deep mixture of red that i didnt notice in the store) do you ladies think its okay for me to use the 2 since i will only be sewing in 3 tracks or exchange it for the darker color. I do have a lighter brown on my ends (thanks to bigen rich medium brown). I was told that i should base the hair color on my roots i just want it to blend in naturally. (im trying to surprise my SO when i see him for my birthday next week) I will post pics

1B and 2 aren't that off. 1b is off black and 2 is dark brown. You should be able to get away with it. If not, try to exchange it.

Ditto. THis is a really good brand BSS hair and it lasts for a decent amount of time. I used it for a friends' install and I was surprized at the quality and It only took 1 pack of hair to do a full head weave.

Yep and the quality is really good, did you use a closure? The milky way clousure blends well and helps create the illusion of a scalp....

Back