Hair dye damage

ylinspired

I'm new to the forum, so hello all! You ladies are truly amazing and I am soooo happy that I found this site!!! I'm trying to recover from damaged ends due to hair dye. Current regi- Pre-poo with coconut oil and evoo overnite, and co wash weekly with ORS hair mayonnaise, and motion CPR. Moisturize with carrot oil, and seal with jojoba, grape seed- cedarwood, thyme, rosemary, and lavender. I also do the GHE, and wig every other week. So far hair is doing better. Has anybody been through this kind of damage and if so what conditions/ products did you use to restore your hair?

Last edited:
My bangs have been badly affected by the use of Bigen to dye my little patch of gray. I would like to know the answer to this question as well. So I'm all ears...well eyes...(reading comments)

I'm 4a/b texlaxed with Mizani Lye relaxer.
I used Bigen in Black.
The ends are newly trimmed, unsplit, but they are crimped like french fries.

It's with my bangs only - the only spot I use the Bigen dye.

By the way Bigen was the ONLY thing that worked to dye my 5 gray strands black.

I tried Jazzings (breakage), tried Clairol's Beautiful Collection - didn't change the color by not one shade! So I went back to Bigen. It's about that time to color the roots of my bangs again....I need suggestions.

I have used Reconstructor and a moisturizing conditioner absolutely EVERY time I dyed my hair. I still ended up with crunchy ends.

I've been natural for 5 years. Ends were great before I colored my hair. I have about 4 inches left that are damaged. I gradually clip them, but they also need to be treated.

Back