HAIR CRISIS...SOS... I NEED HELP!!!!!!

LadyZ

Ok, I will start at the beginning... I was at the end of an 8 week stretch, with an appointment the following week... I always do the following a few days before touch-up:

clarify w/ Sauve
Pre-poo w/coconut milk, Sauve clarifying condition,Porosity poo(just a little of each,a little Aloe Vera juice)
poo w/ SheaMoisture shea butter shampoo
Protein treatment for ten minutes w/Revlon Duo Tex
Deep Cond. w/ Motions and Fiber Guard Substeance mixed w/ BJCO,EVOO for over 20 min. with heat
Leave-in was Nexuss cream hair dress, Canto oil moisturizer, and sealed the ends with Sammy Smooth Cream w/JBCO

My hair has been breaking and shedding since then... Whenever I comb or run my hands Thur it... Sometimes I get this when I am in need of a touch-up, then it stops.... but this time it has not stopped...

I got my touch-up and when I combed my hair out I still get the broken hairs and I got a ball(tiny with tangled hairs) at the end of the day... I plan to trim when the moon is full... I know I need a trim bad... But what else can I do in the mean time...
I plan on bunning and not combing and just keeping my hair moisturized and sealing with oil... I plan on washing and doing a reconstructor treatment with Motions and then deep conditioning with Motions Moisture-Plus w/EVOO. JBCO

My regimen has not changed much but I did start using Vatika oil instead of my usual EVOO/BJCO, and I know it has lemon in it, which is drying and I think that may have triggered my breakage... and also I slacked up on my vitamin/protein and water regimen, but I started back on it....

I need help Ladies please tell me what I need to do... I am sick over here:whyme::angry2::cry::cry::pullhair::spike: :thatsall: :eek2:

Last edited:
Just my thoughts maybe do a protein treatment followed up or in conjunction with a moisturizing/conditioning treatment. It may halt the breakage.
Stay strong

Thanks CoCoNow,
I will do a protein treatment and follow-up with a moisturizing, I's feeling mighty low right now:lachen::cry2::cry:, but I will hang in there, I just hate this... I get tooo involved with this hair and it just ruins my whole life when this happens... I am not stressing too bad over it, but still it worries me... I have plenty of products to fight this crisis with(I'm a PJ)... so I will do the treatments until I get it under control..

Thank you very much for responding... I will hang in there...

LadyZ, it looks like you are using too much protein actually. I would look for a purely moisturizing conditioner and co-wash until you notice a change (prob. a month). Then, I would do a protein treatment.

Sounds like product overload... When my hair gets like that I start from scratch. I shampoo my hair and lather at least 3 times with a chelating shampoo like Kenra clarifying

Follow that with a deep strengthening, moisturizing conditioner like Queen Helene Super cholesterol or if you have another one in your stash that's fine too but I don't use a strong protein cond when I have this problem. Also, don't mix it with anything just use one of your deep conditioners that require heat.

After rinsing I use a tiny bit of leave in conditioner and a serum.

Thanks CoCoNow,
I will do a protein treatment and follow-up with a moisturizing, I's feeling mighty low right now:lachen::cry2::cry:, but I will hang in there, I just hate this... I get tooo involved with this hair and it just ruins my whole life when this happens... I am not stressing too bad over it, but still it worries me... I have plenty of products to fight this crisis with(I'm a PJ)... so I will do the treatments until I get it under control..

Thank you very much for responding... I will hang in there...

Alright Lady Z I got ur back u will be ok:grin:

It sounds like protein overload really. Put the protein down! The duo tex alone is strong stuff and then combined with Fiberguard conditioner :nono:Too much honey. Get your favorite moisturizing conditioner out and let it do its thing. Which moisturizing conditioner do you have on hand.

Thank you, Sunshine, CoCO,

OK, does this sound good to do...

I will shampoo with my SheaMoisture Shea Butter moisturizing shampoo and since I am freshly relaxed , should I mixed a little Motions Reconstructor with the SE Mega Cholesterol conditioning treatment for 10 minutes and then deep condition with Motions Moisture-plus w/EVOO , with heat, then for my leave-in use NTM(no protein in that) and then lightly use oil moisturizer and seal with JBCO and roller set... My hair does not air dry in a silk scarf at all:look: ...

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else about the product overload.
But you also mention that you notice the breakage when
you're combing your hair... what kind of comb are you using?
Hopefully it's a widetooth seamless comb.
Have you ever tried ACV rinses to get rid of the buildup
from the product overload... you might want to try that too.

I use the Jib.shower comb...
My fav. moisturizer is Motions Moisture plus... It always does me good...

Southern, I will try the ACV rinse tomorrow when I wash and set...

I will skip adding the Reconstructor to the SE Cholesterol, sometimes cholesterol has a protein effect to my hair... depends on the brand, but I think the SE has silk Amino Acids in it and the other one I have is Lustersilk Tea Tree Cholesterol, but it has silk protein in it also... I also have Lustersilk Shea Butter Cholesterol it has mango. and wheat germ, which can be considered protein also... which one should I use?:spinning:

wow , gul , you need to simplify this mess. you done added some of everything to your head all in one wash! lol . i dont think using all these products is good right now. and really all you need is a good reconstructor right now, until the next wash. the less product the better. that way , you will be able to tell what is helping or hurting your hair. do the reconstructor and then in a few days or whenever , wash like regular and do the cholesterol. make sure you trim asap.

LOL... What a mess I have created...

So when I reconstruc...should I deep condition afterward since that is a form of protein? What about a leave-in conditioner and sealing my ends...

I see you are prone to overdoing. :nono: I wouldn't use a reconstructor, I would just use a moisturizing deep conditioner that works well for you hair and sit under a dryer. Something like Porosity Control would prob. work well. You only need one conditioner at a time and I wouldn't mix things until you've gotten this straightened out.

Also, did you make sure that you neutralized properly after your last perm?

Yes, we neutralized and shampooed several times...
OK, I am a POJ(Product Overload Junkie):lachen:... I am now in rehab:jail::jail:,
I have learned my lesson the hard way:wallbash:....

So tomorrow I should just deep moisturize condition my hair, no poo, no leave-in, then roller set?

You could try clarifying your hair w/ an ACV Rinse or your Suave Clarifying Shampoo followed by deep conditioning w/ a moisturizing conditioner such as Clairol Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner, DDTA or whatever you have that will get the job done.

Yes, we neutralized and shampooed several times...
OK, I am a POJ(Product Overload Junkie):lachen:... I am now in rehab:jail::jail:,
I have learned my lesson the hard way:wallbash:....

So tomorrow I should just deep moisturize condition my hair, no poo, no leave-in, then roller set?

You can skip the shampoo if you would like to do a Deep CO Wash. You don't have to skip the leave-in, unless you would like to do so.

Ok, This is what I will do... I will deep condition with the motions Plus with heat... roller set and then go from there... Being a POJ I have to get used to not applying layers of products on my hair... Tomorrow will be my first time just conditioning and roller setting without using a lot of other products... I will check back in tomorrow, I work midnight shift and I have not been to bed yet, so I am crossed eyed and somewhat confused with my hair and what I should do... I have received some great advice... All I can say is :yay: :love: :clap: :dinner: :goodone: :blowkiss: :infatuated: :heart2: :heart3: :heart: :2inlove: :love4: :love3: :luv2: :grouphug2: :grouphug3: :urock: :worship2: :smooches:....I think you all get the picture....Thank YOU

I think I do need the moisture in my hair... It is very protein sensitive...I have to remember Less is Best... Well, I will check in tomorrow...
Time for me to:sleeptogether::ill::sleeping:

I welcome everyone's .02

You can skip the shampoo if you would like to do a Deep CO Wash. You don't have to skip the leave-in, unless you would like to do so.

OK, Thank you very much

Everyone's help is deeply appreciated... Thanks for being there for me...

I feel so loved here,
God Bless All Of You

Since you have used so much protein i would focus on just moisture products for the next few washes but clarify first

and maybe a protein leave in if you feel you need it

Since you have used so much protein i would focus on just moisture products for the next few washes but clarify first

and maybe a protein leave in if you feel you need it

Thank you... I am going to try the moisture, tomorrow afternoon...

The same thing happened to me last month and I don't know how to stop the breakage. After this perm, my hair is so thin, its unbelievable. I'm going to try some strengthening treatments like, Aphogee, Mizani Kerafuse and see what happens. I can't stand it. :nono:

I did clarify and deep condition and my hair looks and feels better... I trimmed it also... Only a couple of shed /broken hairs, nothing to be alarmed about... the ends look real good now... so I will see later this evening when I take the rollers down and moisturize and pin curl for the night... I will not be combing until next CW day... Whew....

Thanks for the support

I did clarify and deep condition and my hair looks and feels better... I trimmed it also... Only a couple of shed /broken hairs, nothing to be alarmed about... the ends look real good now... so I will see later this evening when I take the rollers down and moisturize and pin curl for the night... I will not be combing until next CW day... Whew....

Thanks for the support

Glad to hear that:)

Back