Hair Care books that helped me out in the beginning

nyreeroberts1

This post is really for newbies and people who like to read books like me:)

I used to read these 3 books RELIGIOUSLY when I first started my HHJ in 2002. You can buy them on www.amazon.com USED or NEW for under $5 for the most part. I have given these books away to people who ask about my hair and also as a gift set. Back in 2002, there were only 1 or 2 Black hair care forums, so reading was a necessity:) Now we have so many relaxed and natural hair care blogs and forums, but i still think it's good to have a book to use as reference or guide. I hope these help somebody.....especially you newbies!

images-2.jpg
Shamboosie is the author. This is on of my favorites. He introduced me to Nexxus Humectress and I still use it to this day.

DownloadedFile-1.jpg
Lisa Akbari is the author...she has other helpful books as well

event_21000757.jpg
This is the book that started it all for me. I can not thank this woman enough. She actually used to send my products to me in Barcelona back in 2002-2003. Her book is very easy to read and mostly just common sense, but I have personally given away at least 10 of these books around the world. I started my deep conditioning regimen using ONLY her products. Deep Conditioner (Protien conditioner that strengthened my hair) , Dew Leave-In Spray(a staple of mine for years), and Moisturizing Lotion(didn't ever buy this one again) There are mixed reviews about her, but she was a trailblazer in healthy black hair care.

**THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER BOOKS OUT THERE THESE DAYS, BUT I KNOW THESE HELPED ME, CHECK THEM OUT AND SEE WHAT OTHERS YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION** HHG LADIES!

Back