Guess What? There Is A New Dove Moisture Mist!!!!

mscocoface

It is now called Daily Moisture Therapy (Replenishing Mist for dry, rough hair) with Moistirzing Serum. It comes in a white bottle with blue lettering.

The size did not change and the bottlr that had reparing serum is the one that they changed. I checked the ingredients and it is exactly like the reparing serum mist only they now call it moisturizing serum.

Not sure I like them saying its for dry, rough hair.:ohwell:

My DH uses this and he has that baby fine 2a to 3a stuff. It helps with his flyaways.

This product has not saturated the market yet. I had been looking for this and only found 1 bottle which was at a Target. When they checked the other stores there was one other store out of 5 that actually had some and it only had 6 bottles.

I am hoping that it will be out soon at all the stores. It wasn't in Walmart and none of the drug stores as of last week. Today was the first day I had seen any and I had even checked at Dove.com to see when it would be in the area.

Yeah but get ready for this...from what I can tell from the website, this looks like another "switch it up before the consumer notices" like CON has done with the "new" formula of shampoo. I went to dove's website and saw the new bottle (white bottle with blue letters) tagged "Daily Moisture replenishing mist" shown here:
Hair_DailyMoistReplenishingMistfull.jpg

The above product seems to be what is now on the shelves(not sure if it was before) and the ingredients don't seem as good as the old sky blue bottle, tagged "Advanced Care Sheer Moisture replenishing mist" with dark blue lettering shown here:
sheer_moisture_mist.jpg

When I typed in the search box "sheer moisture", I get a page showing this category of products:
category_sheer_moisture.jpg

Sky Blue bottles with dark blue lettering right? But when I clicked on each product, the conditioner, shampoo and anti-frizz cream came up with the correct bottles while the replenishing mist directed me to the white bottle with the dark blue lettering, which is the "Daily Care" replenishing mist, not the Advanced Care line. I found the sky blue bottles at Big Lots so it looks like another good product that has been discontinued. I bought two bottles ($3 each) and it's a great light spray moisturizer. The ingredients of the the white bottle are as follows:

Water (Aqua), Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Simethicone, Polyquaternium-4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60.

The ingredients of the sky blue bottle (which may have been discontinued) are as follows:

Water (aqua), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Lysine HCI, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silk Amino Acids (Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine), Simethicone, Borago Officinale Seed oil (Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Ac), Polyquaterium-4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbatian Stearate, Polysorbate 60.

It looks like the GOOD STUFF has been removed like Glycerin, Lysine HCI, Silk Amino Acids(which we all know are great for the hair), Borago Seed Oil(A prized oil for its abundant dietary, health, cosmetic and medicinal benefits, courtesy of mountain rose herbs website), so good luck on your search ladies and let's keep our eyes peeled for all of this "new and improved" stuff that's seems to be popping up on the store shelves that is in fact not improved at all.:)

Yeah but get ready for this...from what I can tell from the website, this looks like another "switch it up before the consumer notices" like CON has done with the "new" formula of shampoo. I went to dove's website and saw the new bottle (white bottle with blue letters) tagged "Daily Moisture replenishing mist" shown here:
Hair_DailyMoistReplenishingMistfull.jpg

The above product seems to be what is now on the shelves(not sure if it was before) and the ingredients don't seem as good as the old sky blue bottle, tagged "Advanced Care Sheer Moisture replenishing mist" with dark blue lettering shown here:
sheer_moisture_mist.jpg

When I typed in the search box "sheer moisture", I get a page showing this category of products:
category_sheer_moisture.jpg

Sky Blue bottles with dark blue lettering right? But when I clicked on each product, the conditioner, shampoo and anti-frizz cream came up with the correct bottles while the replenishing mist directed me to the white bottle with the dark blue lettering, which is the "Daily Care" replenishing mist, not the Advanced Care line. I found the sky blue bottles at Big Lots so it looks like another good product that has been discontinued. I bought two bottles ($3 each) and it's a great light spray moisturizer. The ingredients of the the white bottle are as follows:

Water (Aqua), Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Simethicone, Polyquaternium-4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60.

The ingredients of the sky blue bottle (which may have been discontinued) are as follows:

Water (aqua), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Lysine HCI, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silk Amino Acids (Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine), Simethicone, Borago Officinale Seed oil (Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Ac), Polyquaterium-4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbatian Stearate, Polysorbate 60.

It looks like the GOOD STUFF has been removed like Glycerin, Lysine HCI, Silk Amino Acids(which we all know are great for the hair), Borago Seed Oil(A prized oil for its abundant dietary, health, cosmetic and medicinal benefits, courtesy of mountain rose herbs website), so good luck on your search ladies and let's keep our eyes peeled for all of this "new and improved" stuff that's seems to be popping up on the store shelves that is in fact not improved at all.:)

WOW, they did take out the good stuff:ohwell:.

It doesn't have the same ingredients or effect in my hair :-( Using the original with JBCO did wonders for my hair. Now I feel like I might as well use scented water....Another one bites the dust *sigh* I was offended by the name change too!

I also have this new bottle but I'm still using up my old bottle formula. I hope this new bottle is not too different because I love this stuff.

Yep - this new stuff is horrible! With the old one in the blue bottle, my hair would breathe a little sigh of relief and feel smooth after a little spritz each day (I'm not "offended" by "rough" hair - my hair IS rough without moisture - ?). With this new stuff, my hair doesn't feel soft or moisturized anymore - just feels like product build-up after a couple of days - yuck!

I think it says it all that this PJ actually went through several entire bottles of the old one (I remember when they changed the spray top because the old one was so awkward to press - awww...) - I NEVER actually finish a product - and rushed to this board when I couldn't find it to see if my worst fears had come true. Thanks to you ladies, I was prepared and didn't have to call and harass Dove or burst into tears after spending a weekend trolling drugstores - it really softened the blow - thank you!

and just one more thank you - I AM still trolling Big Lots whenever I see one even though the post on that was a few months ago and yesterday I found one bottle of the good stuff at the third Big Lots I've come across in the past few weeks, so THANK YOU for letting me know about that!

Back