Growing natural hair with extensions

ready2gro

Hi everyone! I decided to start my natural journey!! January 2nd was my last relaxer and I got a short cut like Kris Jenner from the kardashians. I've been wearing braids with weave every since mid-january and I want to really grow my natural hair. This is my second set of braids and I saw quite a bit of growth from not doing anything to it with the first set, but How do I take care of my hair under these braids to get the most growth and keep it healthy????

attached is a pic of my new growth after abt 3 month. I KNOW it can grow faster:ohwell:

Attachments

• 517.JPG
    517.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 44
You should be washing and deep conditioning your hair as you normally would (weekly preferably) when you are not in braids. Sometimes people neglect the hair underneath b/c you have in extensions. That is the worse thing you can do. Also, doing a daily spritz of your liking (waters and fav oils) in your spritz bottle is a good idea.

You should be washing and deep conditioning your hair as you normally would (weekly preferably) when you are not in braids. Sometimes people neglect the hair underneath b/c you have in extensions. That is the worse thing you can do. Also, doing a daily spritz of your liking (waters and fav oils) in your spritz bottle is a good idea.

virtuenow is right. Just make sure you when you shampoo, you apply shampoo to your scalp and clean well and then when you start rinsing you squeeze it through the braids to clean. When you apply conditioner, I'd skip the area close to the scalp because conditioner residue collecting inside the starting point of braids will cause matting and breakage when you undo the braids. In other words, keep glue-y products from the base of the braids. If you baggy, your sebum will keep your scalp and the base of your braids nicely moisturized.

ready2gro In fact, I use a color applicator bottle to do my shampoos. They have a long nozzle, so you can focus on scalp ony. And you can dilute your shampoo (2-3 squeezes of shampoo and fill the rest of bottle with water).

Back