Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Elucence Balance Conditioner.

I LCOB'd with L = Alikay Lemongrass, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, O = Keravada Super Gro on scalp & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on length & KJ Natural's Milk & Honey on ends.

Today was CW Friday:
  • Pre-poo'd under my wig at work with AVJ spritz & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.
  • When I got home, I added Aubrey Organics GPB & HSR mix on ends and AO White Camellia on scalp & length for an hour under a heat cap.
  • Used CC's Naturals Scalp Scrub, CW'd with HH Totally Twisted, Joico K-pak Reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of the Elucence Balancing Conditioner.
  • LOCB'd with L = Annabelle's Honeydew LI, O = Keravada Super Gro, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock, B = Marie Dean Coconut Cream on length & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.

As for me today, I prepooed with Matrix Biolage Hydrasource with Aloeconitioning balm mixed with sunflower and palm oil and a dash of aloe jiuce.

It felt much better than it did last week. I suppose I can use it as a deep conditioner this way, but the prepoo is working swimmingly so why mess with a good thing?

I used Redken Time Reset shampoo (made my hair feel squeaky clean without feeling hard) and now I'm deep conditioning with Redken Time Reset Youth Revitalizer replenishing deep treatment for 20 minutes under hooded dryer.

This shampoo and treatment also have ceramides and camellia oil in them. I'm a little excited about that so we'll see how good it is for my hair once I'm done. I'm washing this out and finishing off with a palm oil rinse leaving some of it on my hair.

I'll be moisturizing with Redken Anti Snap leave in sealed with sunflower oil. That's me for my hair day.

Just doing a quick check in.

My hair as been in mini braids since 1/2/16. Been following my regimen of co wash 5x a week and shampoo w/ DC 2x a week. I wear a wig to work.

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Conditioner.

I LOCB'd with L = Cozy Moments Protein Mist, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO on edges, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on ends.

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Conditioner.

I LOCB'd with L = Cozy Moments Protein Mist, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO on edges, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on ends.

You've been working the LOCB method consistently.
If anyone asks where you got it from don't forget who invented it coined the phrase ;)

Yesterday was Shampoo Friday:

• Pre-poo'd during the day with my AVJ spritz & Honey's Handmade Knot Going Bananas.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus & Sage DC and went under my heat cap for 1.5 hours.
  • Shampoo'd my scalp with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, reconstructed with Ion, did an ACV rinse & rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Soultanical's Mane Thick, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock & Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Keravada Green Tea on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle Lavendar JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Prepooing with a mixture of Matrix Biolage Hydrasouce Aloe Conditioning Balm, palm oil, and aloe juice.

Clarified with Elucence clarifying shampoo followed with Elucence moisture shampoo

Deep protein treating with Dudley's DRC 28 Hair Treatment

Deep Moisture treatment with Biolage Aqua-Immersion deep moisture mask and oil rinsing with palm oil.

Using Biolage Hydrasource daily leave-in and moisturizing my ends with Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer, sunflower oil and KCCC Knot Today blend.

Later tonight I'll be oiling my scalp with Njoy hair oiland 4 minutes of inversion.

Hi everyone! I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to join this challenge.

Diamond Status

Start Date: I'll use my last trim date 12/4/15

End Date: 12/31/16

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Brastrap length stretched

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Hip length stretched then BSL curly.

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):

Regimen:
Once a week:
Prepoo with Chicoro's prepoo or plain coconut oil overnight
Wash with Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo
Spray hair and scalp with aloe juice and glycerin mix, top with GVP conditioning balm. Steam.
Rinse. Apply leave in and/or gel. Style into braids or twists. Apply Blue Magic grease to ends of braids/twists.
Wear wigs for work

Extras to help get to goal faster:
Exercise and multivitamins.

What you will do once you reach goal:
Wear long pocahontas braids or a chunky twistout for mermaid hair.

Last edited:
Ok I've tried doing daily co-wahshes but the weather is so unstable I haven't done a straight week last week I got 3 co washes done.
This week 2 well my original goal was 3 a week and I'm clarifying 1-2 times a month so I don't get any product build up.

Last evening I co-washed,
LCOB method (phrase I coined in my fotki-that I stumbled upon trying to tweak my regimen last year b/c below zero Arctic winter was drying my hair out )

L = CRN Jansyns Moisture Max Conditioner
C= CRN Moisture Milk
O= Homemade mixture of Auurvedic Oils (Winter Version)
B= CRN Moisture Butter

Still using my all butta regimen And to lay down my edges Curls edge control passion fruit but I prefer the blueberry.

I've been using cheap suave tropical coconut, Shea and tressemme botanique damage recovery it has macademia oil in it
I haven't tried their coconut one yet
It's called nourish and replenish.

My all time fav cheap condition we tropical coconut you can't beat the price roughly $2 give or take a couple cents depending where you buy it.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/suave-naturals-conditioner-tropical-coconut/ID=prod8677-product

Suave Shea butter

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suave-Professionals-Almond-and-Shea-Butter-Conditioner-28-oz/13269710

Tressemme
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0199...0,100_&refRID=01MQ7NNMKHJSMZ7HRN84&th=1&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0199...0,100_&refRID=01MQ7NNMKHJSMZ7HRN84&th=1&psc=1

HHG

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to join this challenge.

Diamond Status

Start Date: I'll use my last trim date 12/4/15

End Date: 12/31/16

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Brastrap length stretched

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Hip length stretched then BSL curly.

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):

Regimen:
Once a week:
Prepoo with Chicoro's prepoo or plain coconut oil overnight
Wash with Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo
Spray hair and scalp with aloe juice and glycerin mix, top with GVP conditioning balm. Steam.
Rinse. Apply leave in and/or gel. Style into braids or twists. Apply Blue Magic grease to ends of braids/twists.
Wear wigs for work

Extras to help get to goal faster:
Exercise and multivitamins.

What you will do once you reach goal:
Wear long pocahontas braids or a chunky twistout for mermaid hair.

Welcome newbie :wave:

Ok I've tried doing daily co-wahshes but the weather is so unstable I haven't done a straight week last week I got 3 co washes done.
This week 2 well my original goal was 3 a week and I'm clarifying 1-2 times a month so I don't get any product build up.

Last evening I co-washed,
LOCB method (phrase I coined in my forki-that I stumbled upon trying to tweak my regimen last year b/c below zero Arctic winter was drying my hair out )

L = CRN Jansyns Moisture Max Conditioner
C= CRN Moisture Milk
O= Homemade mixture of Auurvedic Oils (Winter Version)
B= CRN Moisture Butter

Still using my all butta regimen And to lay down my edges Curls edge control passion fruit but I prefer the blueberry.

I've been using cheap suave Shea and tressemme botanique damage recovery it has macademia oil in it
I haven't tried their coconut one yet
It's called nourish and replenish.

My all time fav cheap condition we tropical coconut you can't beat the price roughly $2 give or take a couple cents depending where you buy it.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/suave-naturals-conditioner-tropical-coconut/ID=prod8677-product

Suave Shea butter

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suave-Professionals-Almond-and-Shea-Butter-Conditioner-28-oz/13269710

Tressemme

HHG

How do you like the new Tresemme?

How do you like the new Tresemme?

I like it I've always liked the naturals line too but this one gives more slip and is more moisturizing IMO. There good for rinse outs co washing.

I just prefer mostly or all natural leave ins for myself.

Once my conditioners are finished I might try the other one with coconut oil but again if it ain't broke...

Last edited:
Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin & HE Hello Hydration Conditioners.

I will let my hair air dry for a couple more hours and LOCB'd with L = Carol's Daughter Monoi, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO on edges, C = Carefree Curls Gold, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Today was CoWash Saturday:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus Sage and Tropical Carrots & Coconut DCs and went under my heat cap for 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care & Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Cocunut Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair Solution, C = Loreal Hydracharge, O = Hydrathermal's Growth on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.
Lola is plaited and happy!!!

I washed today and tried my curlformers again. I'm under the dryer right now. Today, I still used the setting lotion (because I'm sitting under the hooded dryer) but I also used diluted gel. I'm pretty surprised by the diluted gel because I probably had a 60/40 solution of water to gel and it immediately started to stiffen up. It made me realize that I really didn't understand what gel was like as far a chemical composition and behavior. So fascinating.

My hope is that I'll get more hold without it be too stiff. But I was kind of liking the result on my natural hair, so I think my next wng and I'm going to try the diluted gel and see how it dries.

I did notice some breakage on the bottom portion of my hair. Boo! And I'm not sure what it's due to so I figure I'll just keep up my regular regimen and hope it goes away on its own.

I washed today and tried my curlformers again. I'm under the dryer right now. Today, I still used the setting lotion (because I'm sitting under the hooded dryer) but I also used diluted gel. I'm pretty surprised by the diluted gel because I probably had a 60/40 solution of water to gel and it immediately started to stiffen up. It made me realize that I really didn't understand what gel was like as far a chemical composition and behavior. So fascinating.

My hope is that I'll get more hold without it be too stiff. But I was kind of liking the result on my natural hair, so I think my next wng and I'm going to try the diluted gel and see how it dries.

I did notice some breakage on the bottom portion of my hair. Boo! And I'm not sure what it's due to so I figure I'll just keep up my regular regimen and hope it goes away on its own.

Might be dryness from the gel.

DC CRN coconut DC
Clarifying co wash with CRN cream restore CC
Co washed Teessemme botanique damage recovery macadamia oil
LCOB
Leave in CRN Jansysns conditioner
My homemade Ayurvedic oil winter mix
CRN moisture butter
Edges CRN Adjani growth and shine balm -hard to apply it's has little granules in it. But I bought it so I have to use it up. :nono:
Wearing the easy braidout above ^^^
Wearing braids in a bun

Small little length update. Last year I started a 90 day no heat all protective style challenge. I monitored my bang progress because I'm notorious for cutting it off. I had hoped to get it to the bottom of my natural chin after a year. I didn't quite make it, but I'm still happy with my progress. I gained and retained about 4.5 inches in a year which is average for me.

Maybe I'll make it to the end of my chin by my nappiversary on April 15.

Attachments

• 2015-02-15Bangs.jpg
    2015-02-15Bangs.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20160215_192427.jpg
    20160215_192427.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 55
Tonight, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Oyin's Honey Hemp. I got a late start with my hair and I didn't want to go to bed with a wet head, so I sat under my hood dryer on low for 30 minutes.

Next, I LCOB'd with L = Ion's Repair Solutions, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Hydrathermal's Growth Oil on scalp & Sunny Isle's JBCO on edges, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Then, I put on my plastic cap and did my inversion for 4 minutes and I will baggy overnight.

Today was Shampoo Saturday:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz & coconut oil.
  • I applied HydroQuench Botanical Peppermint Coconut & Honey Pineapple DCs with a scoop of Amla powder and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Coconut Conditioner & ACV rinse.
  • LCOB'd with L = Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake 'n Go, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Queens Curls Safflower on length & Kreyol Essence Peppermint HBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Caramel Frappuccino on scalp & Soultanicals Hair Yum on ends.

Last edited:
I've been blow drying and flat ironing regularly, doing the chase method with a very small tooth comb, not really doing any DC's or oil treatment, and trying to make my press last for two weeks (I usually wash weekly)... My hair is finally in revolt...

Had wash day yesterday - and used indirect heat.
  • Oiled hair with Mahabhringaraj oil
  • Pre-poo/Protein treatment - Aphogee 2 min (15 min no heat) then ORS Hair Mayo (10 min with heat)
  • Just water washed (had been using Neutrogena clarifying shampoo recently)
  • DC'd with Silicon Mix mixed with castor oil, melted shea butter, and olive oil (1hr with heat)
  • Detangled with CD Cupaucu mask and Pantene anti-frizz
  • No-comb rollerset my hair with elasta qp olive oil and mango butter curl defining pudding, Parnevu t-tree creme and IC heat protectant
  • Slept in rollers all while getting the side eye from DH and forgetting how to place my head on the pillow so I can sleep restfully :eek:
  • Sat under dryer on cool for 15 min this morning
I was going to flat iron my hair this morning but I'm going to make this roller-set presentable and pin curl the three wet sections.
Eta-photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I've been blow drying and flat ironing regularly, doing the chase method with a very small tooth comb, not really doing any DC's or oil treatment, and trying to make my press last for two weeks (I usually wash weekly)... My hair is finally in revolt...

Had wash day yesterday - and used indirect heat.
  • Oiled hair with Mahabhringaraj oil
  • Pre-poo/Protein treatment - Aphogee 2 min (15 min no heat) then ORS Hair Mayo (10 min with heat)
  • Just water washed (had been using Neutrogena clarifying shampoo recently)
  • DC'd with Silicon Mix mixed with castor oil, melted shea butter, and olive oil (1hr with heat)
  • Detangled with CD Cupaucu mask and Pantene anti-frizz
  • No-comb rollerset my hair with elasta qp olive oil and mango butter curl defining pudding, Parnevu t-tree creme and IC heat protectant
  • Slept in rollers all while getting the side eye from DH and forgetting how to place my head on the pillow so I can sleep restfully :eek:
  • Sat under dryer on cool for 15 min this morning
I was going to flat iron my hair this morning but I'm going to make this roller-set presentable and pin curl the three wet sections.
Eta-photo

That roller set is nice. I hope mine turns out like that when I do it in April.

Tonight, I put Jakeala's Flax Mallow Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Coconut Milk & V05 Island Coconut Moisturizing Conditioners.

Sat under the dryer on low for 45 minutes and LCOB'd with L = Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake 'n Go, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, NJoy's Sulfur on scalp & Kreyol Essence Peppermint HBCO on edges, B = Kyra's Shea Medley Strength & Emollient Butter Cream on ends.

For CoWash Saturday, I:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ mix and Spectrum coconut oil on the ends.
  • I applied Shea Moisture Manuka DC and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Jakeala Flax Mallow, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple Protein Spray, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot & Hawaiian Silky, O = Queens Curls Safflower & Macadamia Healing on length & Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino on scalp & Zipporah Beauty Sweet Orange Shea Cocoa Moist on ends.

@Dee Raven
Will you post a pic of your WNG? What are you doing to preserve your ends while wearing WNG? Just the Marula oil? TIA

Sorry this took so long. I kept forgetting to take pictures. For my wngs I mainly use Marula oil every couple of days. If it's really dry and I can't re-wash it, I'll spritz some water over my head and let it fall on my hair. But that's really rare. For me the gel, is what keeps the hair (and ends) protected because it prevents my hair from coiling all the way. If you can see from the dry hair photo, my hair forms really tight, tiny coils and left to its own defenses, it would shrink up to 3 - 4 inches. Tangle city.

Attachments

• Dry Hair.jpg
    Dry Hair.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Wet hair.jpg
    Wet hair.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 41
Tonight, I put Jakeala's Flax Mallow & HE Totally Twisted Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of V05 Island Coconut Moisturizing Conditioner.

Sat under the dryer on low for an hour and LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple Protein Spray, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Duafe Naturals Love Me on length, Keravada Oatmeal Milk & Honey Alter Ego on scalp & Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges, B = Zipporah Beauty Sweet Orange Shea Cocoa Moist on ends.

Back