Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Small spring update. I went to Ulta salon today for a blow out and trim but I think this was a haircut. I was past SL before I went and now I'm well above it. :( My hair is soft and my ends aren't tangly anymore.

Attachments

• 20160422_160013.jpg
    20160422_160013.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 51
Small spring update. I went to Ulta salon today for a blow out and trim but I think this was a haircut. I was past SL before I went and now I'm well above it. :( My hair is soft and my ends aren't tangly anymore.

I have a thing with stylists they always cut more than necessary to just trim off some splits. I don't think hairstylists even understand the word trim.

Learn how to trim and cut your own hair at home there's that crea clip thing they might still sell it to get that even line all you need is a good pair of shears keep them sharpened every few months.

I was where your are once keep doing your thing I hope your hair has a growth boost and makes up that unwanted cut in no time. Stick to your regimen and keep growing.

:bighug:

It's in Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/CreaClip-C-01/dp/B004NMR6TY

Last edited:
Thanks @Lucia

I will look into the clip. I do like how soft my hair is. I know she used some Nioxin shampoo and Redken conditioner. I would go back for some deep treatments but nothing involving scissors.

I usually get a growth spurt during the summer and since I'll be in braids, I should be able to make up what I lost. I bought some hair, skin, and nail vitamins just in case.

Gold Challenge!

Start Date: 4.22.16

End Date: 10.22.16

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Full APL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Waist

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
The fact that I just randomly went and "dusted" (0.5-1 inches) in random sections for no reason...senior year anxiety is ridiculous

Regimen: Wash once a week, Moisturize and seal, Deep condition once a week, Least amount of heat possible,Relax ONLY after 12 weeks

Extras to help get to goal faster:WHGO, Tons of Water, Evening Primrose Oil caplets
What you will do once you reach goal: Dust and start again!
STARTING PICTURE
448565.jpg

CoWash Saturday:

Pre-poo’d overnight with AVJ mix & Belle Butter’s Orange Dream Cream on the ends.
  • DC’d with Shea Moisture Manuka & Noni.
  • Used CJ Naturals scalp scrub, CW’d with Avon’s Volume, Garnier Reconstructor with 80% rinse out of Motions Moisture Plus & ACV.
  • LCOB’d: L = Carol’s Daughter Monoi; C = Blue Roze Okra Curling Cream & Obia Curling Custard; O = Mission Condition Glaze; B = Kyra Shea’s Rejuvenation on scalp & HQ Twisting on ends.
I put 2 flat twists in the front and 5 two-strand twists for the rest of my hair.

Scalp massaged with some hairdrenalin potion for 7 minutes plus 5 minutes inversion. I'm about to moisturize my ends and then head to bed.

• Used Avon Volume under the heat cap for about 45 minutes & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of Motions Moisture Plus.
  • LSOB'd: L = Carol's Daughter Monoi; S = Obia Curling Custard; O = Mission Condition Glaze; B = Kyra Shea's Rejuvenation on scalp & Belle Butter's Orange Dream Cream on ends.

I did a scalp massage last night for 7 minutes using a shampoo/massage brush. I need to do the same thing again tonight with some hairdrenalin potion.

I tried putting products on during my shower and what a difference. It was way quicker, and while I need to perfect my technique, my curls came out popping. And I felt like my hair had more movement.

I masaged my hairdrenalin potion in my hair for about 5 minutes tonight and will be repeating this tomorrow but with 1 week of inversions.

Shampoo Saturday
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix & HH Knot Going Bananas.
  • DC'd for over an hour with SM Noni.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd length with HQ Strawberry, Used Garnier Reconstructor, & rinsed out 80% ACV & Motions Moisture Plus.
  • LCS'd with L = CD Monoi; C = Obia Curling Custard; S = Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel.
Before bed, I will break the cast with Avon's Argan Oil & band to stretch this WNG for tomorrow.

I just completed a 5 minutes scalp massage followed by 5 minutes of inverting - Day 1 complete.

Last edited:
Added HQ Strawberry under heat cap for a little over 30 minutes & CW'd it out. Rinsed out 80% of Motions Moisture Plus. LSO'd with Jakeala Pineapple, Obia Curling Cream & Avon's Argan Oil.

Day 6 of this month's inversion is complete with 3 minute massage tonight. I am very tired and heading to bed in a few.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix.
  • DC'd with Vatika Garlic under a heat cap for 1.5 hours.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CJ Naturals, CW'd with HQ Strawberry, Reconstructed with Garnier, & rinsed out 80% of Motions Moisture Plus.
  • LCB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple, C = Obia & Mop Top Curling Cream, & B = HQ White Tea & Lemon Twisting.

Checking in...

Life has been hectic so I haven't been able to do my hair as often. Two days ago I did my first protein treatment in at least 2 months and woooow I'd forgotten how great the Komaza Protein conditioner makes my hair feels :love4:

My ends feel so much better now. They were starting to feel a little weak but that did the trick.

Although the usual attention hasn't been there, retention doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm loving wearing my hair down the first few days after its done. It's a treat

I'm back to my mini braids under wigs for the next 4-5 months. I've been avoiding washing my hair for a while but I'm going back to daily co-washing tonight.

• Pre-poo'd twists with HE The Sleeker The Butter under the heat cap for a little over 30 minutes & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of Motions Moisture Plus & Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCO'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Avon Argan on length.

• Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ and a mix of HH Knot Going Bananas & Sunny Isle Coconut Oil.
  • DC'd with Vatika Garlic for a little over an hour under a heat cap.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HE The Sleeker The Butter, Reconstructed with Garnier & an 80% rinse out of ACV & Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd with L = LRC Shake n Go, C = Coco Curls, O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Buttercream Wedding on length, B = HQ Twisting.

Last edited:
FYI There's a knock off version of crea clip also on Amazon

^^regarding henna teas I used to use them weekly and got incredible growth retention but it got too messy for me but this method from curly proverbs and putting it in a spray bottle is genius. I've got a cassia amla tea cooling and infusing overnight for use tomorrow. I'm jumping back into this wagon ASAP. Don't sleep on Ayurvedic herbs ladies its the truth.

Disclaimer: know what your hair can take and start slow with henna and other herbs always use something moisturizing after any Ayurvedic treatments.

Last edited:
  • Pre-poo'd twists with HE The Sleeker The Butter under the heat cap for 30 minutes & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd with L = SSI Moisture Mist; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Annabelle's Essential on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix, EVCO on length & Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends.
  • DC'd for a little over an hour under the heat cap with Vatika Garlic.
  • Poo'd with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle; CW'd with KJ Natural's Cocoa Clay Raspberry; Reconstructed with Garnier; rinsed out 80% of Shea Moisture Black Soap & ACV mix.
  • BLSO'd: B = Kyra Shea Medley Rejuvenation & Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino Butters on scalp; L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Entwine Crème Jelle, KJ Natural's Green Mango Stretch & Curl Custard & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream.

Back