Goya Coconut Milk

Have you ever used Coconut Milk as part of your Hair care regimen?

• Total voters

BellaM

Strength and Protection
Unlike coconut oil, coconut milk contains proteins, which strengthen hair and can help to minimize breakage. It also has properties which protect hair and scalp from UV rays.
In the long run Coconut Milk can help to retain length and help you grow longer hair!:grin:

People rave about Coconut Milk for the hair. So I decided to Prepoo with Coconut Milk. Im sure it has been done before but I decided to start a thread and tell yall my experience.

Ok so here's what I did:

* Put Goya Coconut Milk into a spray bottle, and I started moisturizing my hair with it (my ends especially).
* Then I sealed with EVOO...I wanted to seal with Coconut Oil but I have none...
* Put a plastic cap on and processed with heat for about 10 minutes. & an extra 2 hours without heat. (Had alot of errands to do..lol)
* Then I washed with DooGro Tingling Shampoo
* Conditioned with Pantene Curls Conditioner
* Towel Dried hair
* Moisturized with Carol's daughter Black Vanilla Leave in
* Seal with Carol's daughter Hair Milk

Im going to definately keep using this as my prepoo!

FYI: Coconut milk smells sooo goood:lick:

coconut milk also has a tendency to relax your curl pattern. for most it reduces frizz but depending on your hair type it can temporarily alter it with continued use

Coconut milk is nice but I would only use every once in a while.

I like Thai Kitchen better; the milk is thicker.

I wish there was another 'Option' in your Poll. e.g. "Other" :perplexed

Yes, I have tried it several times. Still have a couple of cans. And will use it at some point.:yep:

But none of the Selections in Your Poll actually fit my usage.:ohwell:

I have tried both Goya, Thai Kitchen and another Brand. And also the Creme of Coconut.:yep:

I mixed it with water and EVOO and used it as a DC. My hair felt really hard afterwards. :ohwell:

coconut milk also has a tendency to relax your curl pattern. for most it reduces frizz but depending on your hair type it can temporarily alter it with continued use

Interesting. Might have to try this in the future, then. Frizz at my roots is basically the biggest everyday gripe about my natural hair.

i mixed this into my dc under heat for an hr and left it on over night. my hair was soooo soft in the morning. i love it! i plan to use this each time i dc.

I've been using Coconut milk for a month now and I love it. I dc with it 2x a week, I've even used it when I did my steam treatment, my hair loves this stuff. I mix coconut milk, 1/2 avocado and 1tsp honey in a blender, I love the consistency the blender give. Apply, put a plastic cap on sit under the dryer for 30mins. My hair feels strong and moisturized afterward, it works for me....It's my new staple

I love my Goya. But I use the coconut cream. It's thicker and lets me skip the step of putting the milk in the fridge for a few days to separate the cream. I use it for my DCs and it leaves my hair so shiny and soft.

I love goya coconut milk but have not used it in quite a while. I switched over to yogurt because the effects were stronger. However, the yogurt started to make my hair too "straight" for my taste.

I think I'll revisit coconut milk very soon. If I really think about it-- I did retain more length while using it. I wanna do wash n gos again this summer. Coconut milk mixed with DC would melt away my knots and tangles.

Thanks OP for starting this thread!

Very, very interesting!! I cook with the milk often but never tried it in my hair....from what I've gathered it makes your hair feel strong, moisturized, and it relaxes the curl pattern? Ok so would you say use it as a leave in (maybe diluted)? or should I use it for DC?? and how well does it detangle?? I'm very curious :yep:

Very, very interesting!! I cook with the milk often but never tried it in my hair....from what I've gathered it makes your hair feel strong, moisturized, and it relaxes the curl pattern? Ok so would you say use it as a leave in (maybe diluted)? or should I use it for DC?? and how well does it detangle?? I'm very curious :yep:

I've never tried it as a leave in. I mix mine with Coconut oil, lime and avocado oil, cover and leave on for 30-45 min. I would suggest using a towel or even better, that cotton rope stuff because as it heats up, it becomes pretty runny.

I've been using Coconut milk for a month now and I love it. I dc with it 2x a week, I've even used it when I did my steam treatment, my hair loves this stuff. I mix coconut milk, 1/2 avocado and 1tsp honey in a blender, I love the consistency the blender give. Apply, put a plastic cap on sit under the dryer for 30mins. My hair feels strong and moisturized afterward, it works for me....It's my new staple

Sounds like you use it as a Deep Conditioning Mask. Might have to try this out too!:grin:

I love goya coconut milk but have not used it in quite a while. I switched over to yogurt because the effects were stronger. However, the yogurt started to make my hair too "straight" for my taste.

I think I'll revisit coconut milk very soon. If I really think about it-- I did retain more length while using it. I wanna do wash n gos again this summer. Coconut milk mixed with DC would melt away my knots and tangles.

Thanks OP for starting this thread!

How do you use the Yogurt, the same way I would use the coconut milk?? or is there a different way.

Coconut Milk is really just for protein not so much for conditioning, you can always mix it with honey to add some moisture!!

I use coconut milk in my henna instead of water. It does relax the curls. Especially coconut milk and henna together. I love it it. It kills my frizzies!

I used coconut milk mixed with 2 tsps. of Ayurvedic Indian powders (Brahmi and Amla), and a little oil mixed in. It was so creamy, easy to apply, and very easy to rinse out. Wonderful DC!!:grin:

How do you use the Yogurt, the same way I would use the coconut milk?? or is there a different way.

I added coconut milk, lime and honey to my LeKair Cholesterol (Peach colored, Professional) as my pre-shampoo treat on dry hair. Mixed with LeKair minimized dripping. I would paint it on with a tint brush like a relaxer. This made it easier for me straighten my hair and maintain moisture. To achieve a "relaxing" effect with coconut milk you'd have to add lime.

The same effect could be achieved by using yogurt alone but the results are much stronger. I have some pics in my fokti. I used yogurt and honey (+ bananas sometimes). Honey + bananas were for shine and conditioning but it made the yogurt very runny. So eventually I started using a spray bottle.

After using either these methods continuously the results were culmalative for me. However, as I've mentioned in my previous post the yogurt was working too well so I stopped doing this altogether. Based on my personal experiences I recommend coconut milk for fine hair and yogurt for thick hair.

Back