Gorilla Glue-Gate. Yall....

Gorilla glue is moveable for about 10 minutes. The instructions say you have that time to make sure your placement is perfect.

Maybe she slicked her hair back in a few minutes?

That’s going to leave a mark.

A Louisiana woman went viral last week for using Gorilla Glue in place of actual hairspray — before finally checking into the hospital on Saturday to get the hardened adhesive removed, according to posts on her Instagram.

The woman, identified in news reports as Tessica Brown, posted on Feb. 4 that her hair had been stuck in place for a month after she ran out of her usual hair product and opted to use the extra-strong superglue instead.

“Look: My hair, it don’t move. You hear what I’m telling you? It don’t move,” she said in the original video.

“I’ve washed my hair 15 times and it don’t move.”

On Saturday, Brown posted two photos — one of herself sprawled out on a hospital bed and another of the emergency room entrance to St. Bernard Parish Hospital, in Chalmette, Louisiana.

Louisiana woman Tessica’s Instagram post goes viral after posting about mistakenly using Gorilla Glue on her hair instead of actual hairspray.Instagram
Her decision to seek medical treatment came after three days of crowd-sourcing potential solutions — including from the maker of Gorilla Glue.

The company told TMZ that Brown could use rubbing alcohol on her head — but warned that if it had actually be in place for a month, it was “likely fractured at the root.”
gorilla-glue-hair-hospital-web.jpg

She's too old for this foolishness. SMH
The fact that she’s 40 and has a LICENSED daycare....is really making me doubt this story now. Also, I use Guerilla Glue for home repairs and it STINKS. You know it’s industrial just from the smell of it. Like seriously, would you spray something that smells like Liquid Drano ALL OVER YOUR HEAD.
Yeah, I’m not buying this story anymore. The comical “Oh No” playing in the background on TikTok while you’re in so much pain makes me not believe this was accidental. Only God knows but whether it was accidental or not, it wasn’t worth the pain and health complications.

I wonder if a hair dryer would loosen it. Or a steamer. She probably already knew how to fix it before even posting about it. Lmbo. That video of them doing the acetone pads was too much like acting to me. But I’m skeptical of everything nowadays. Lol. We need to capitalize off of this and start placing some big bets! Lmbo.

I think the burning is because her scalp is probably a layer of scabs underneath that glue.

When adhesives are in contact with the skin for prolonged periods of time (hours to days), a skin rash can occur in up to 50% of people. Usually, the skin rash is mild and itchy with red and bumpy skin. Once the adhesive is removed, the rash will usually go away within a number of days without treatment.

This glue has been on her head for over a month which may have a rash underneath and now they are pouring acetate on it. Don't forget the acetate and the glue are both chemicals and are reacting to each other on raw skin. Forget hair, there will likely be deformity if they can get the glue off and she will be lucky if there's no internal poisoning.

What she did was stupid but she ain't the only one so I empathize with her and hope that things aren't as serious as I think they are going to be. It's a whole lot of people on and off hair boards who have mixed things together to put on their body or used products in a way they weren't intended to get too self righteous about this situation. Said as I recall the MTG, Monistat, sulfur, and now bed bug ridden chebe crazes. I'm not above it, I used MTG for a month.
This situation is way more dire than people realize.

She is going to have scalp damage. The first thing I thought when I saw they sent her home with acetone is CHEMICAL REACTIONS!

Them sending her home with acetone is a DIRE SIGN the ER didn't really know what to do to help her. Yes you can dissolve glue on plastic NON-ORGANIC surfaces with acetone...BUT NOT ON HUMAN Scalps unless you trying to remove said scalp!

If she can shave it she is lucky. If she can avoid surgery SHE LUCKY.

She also needs to be at a Dermatologist.

The fact that she’s 40 and has a LICENSED daycare....is really making me doubt this story now. Also, I use Guerilla Glue for home repairs and it STINKS. You know it’s industrial just from the smell of it. Like seriously, would you spray something that smells like Liquid Drano ALL OVER YOUR HEAD.
Yeah, I’m not buying this story anymore. The comical “Oh No” playing in the background on TikTok while you’re in so much pain makes me not believe this was accidental. Only God knows but whether it was accidental or not, it wasn’t worth the pain and health complications.
Most of us did that for many years. These products don't smell too far from draino.
s-l400.jpg
This is not a natural nazi comment. My hair was permed for a smooth 30 years, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't, I'm just saying.
~~~~~~~~~~
Again, I am completely on board that putting any glue let alone the kind that sticks buildings together was a completely stupid thing to do. I actually do hope this is a hoax because otherwise I think I'm watching somebody who is going to die prematurely.

At first I was like she can wait another month for 1/2 inch of new growth but nah....her scalp damage isn't gonna allow much growth or she would, should see some around the edges.

She said in her original post she KNEW she was using gorilla glue. I think she made a dumb decision and is paying the price. She may get a nice windfall but I don't see ANY BLACK PERSON willingly risking their hair if they know the damage to be had. Just like the girl who permed her hair then bleached it later that day. The girl who thought she could do that little "roll and snip" to make nice bangs and that didn't work....people make bad hair decisions all the time. Especially for the gram. She made a bad decision. I feel bad for her. It happens. She will learn her lesson. I hope she doesn't lose her scalp.

Most of us did that for many years. These products don't smell too far from draino.
s-l400.jpg
This is not a natural nazi comment. My hair was permed for a smooth 30 years, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't, I'm just saying.
~~~~~~~~~~
Again, I am completely on board that putting any glue let alone the kind that sticks buildings together was a completely stupid thing to do. I actually do hope this is a hoax because otherwise I think I'm watching somebody who is going to die prematurely.
Exactly. On that Good Hair Movie when they soaked that can in that main ingredient found in relaxers and that can disintegrated, I was like WTH? I had been putting that on my scalp faithfully for 15 years. Then dermatologists started looking closely and were begging people to stop relaxing because of the damage. White and black folks. They found a POSSIBLE relationship in blacks with certain uterine issues. Black funeral home directors and ME's saying that permed ladies have a green goo under their scalp related to years of perming/relaxing. There IS something to be had to a biological organism if you put chemicals like that on your scalp every 6-8 weeks. It is what it is. Which is why I love the fact that many relaxed ladies are doing 1-3 perms a year TOPS. I am deeply concerned about how this will end up being taken care of.

At first I was like she can wait another month for 1/2 inch of new growth but nah....her scalp damage isn't gonna allow much growth or she would, should see some around the edges.

She said in her original post she KNEW she was using gorilla glue. I think she made a dumb decision and is paying the price. She may get a nice windfall but I don't see ANY BLACK PERSON willingly risking their hair if they know the damage to be had. Just like the girl who permed her hair then bleached it later that day. The girl who thought she could do that little "roll and snip" to make nice bangs and that didn't work....people make bad hair decisions all the time. Especially for the gram. She made a bad decision. I feel bad for her. It happens. She will learn her lesson. I hope she doesn't lose her scalp.

Hopefully no one else is that dumb. Especially since people are so quick to jump on bandwagons and start social media challenges.:nono: I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.

It's just not worth the $$$ that she will receive from donations and I'm concerned about the possibility of the chemicals seeping into her blood stream.

I can’t judge
I’ve used the stinky black weave glue for eyelash glue because the girls on YouTube + my sis said it works better than actual eyelash glue (it does :duck:)

This isn’t exactly the same but still
Praying for her

ETA
Her Gofundme is at almost $10k..good for her. It’ll help with that ER bill

I kept seeing this on social media but didn't pay attention to the story. Wow, why would she do that? I don't understand. The label doesn't say anything about being safe for hair. Good luck, hopefully she can find a solution that will remove the glue safely.

TMZ is reporting she might sue

I am torn between laughing my but off and being concerned about the damage to her scalp
If she sue, all she go get is practice.

Gorilla Glue isn't a hair product and I'm sure has all kinds of warnings. Ironically, that goes back to my complaint that nobody reads signs in the thread where the gorilla dragged the baby after he slipped through the railings.

Good luck trying to sue the hospital that doesn't know how to get the glue off her head.

So these are the threads listed below as I'm typing this. I swear I didn't see this before I said anything.

1612817646907.png

So, I saw this too and convinced myself this was a joke :look:. I'mma just say to all the people who treat our naturally curly hair as if it has to be laid and flat or else it's ugly, unruly, etc, is it really worth it to have European looking edges? We already as a group have receding hairlines and other types of follicular damage from using products and practices designed to make what is natural and normal for us appear in an abnormal manner (straight, flat edges with no discernable wave patterns, etc). To each her own shrugs shoulders...

So, I saw this too and convinced myself this was a joke :look:. I'mma just say to all the people who treat our naturally curly hair as if it has to be laid and flat or else it's ugly, unruly, etc, is it really worth it to have European looking edges? We already as a group have receding hairlines and other types of follicular damage from using products and practices designed to make what is natural and normal for us appear in an abnormal manner (straight, flat edges with no discernable wave patterns, etc). To each her own shrugs shoulders...
Copied, Repeated, and Italicized because a simple "Like" wasn't enough!!! IMHO
:notworthy:

Back