Gorilla Glue-Gate. Yall....

Y'all, when I read it, I thought, "What a foolish question? Wash it out of course" because I was thinking of Gorilla SNOT! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Then I read properly. Did this person seriously apply super glue to the hair on her head???? The head which encloses her brain??????? What in the world!

I wonder if that's how she got herself in this mess in the first place. I'm failing to believe she was aware the product was super glue and used it anyway.

I saw this. Based on her appearance (and those crazy circle lenses) and being naturally cynical, I am suspicious of her motives.

But seriously. This isn't hard to figure out. She needs some kind of solvent to remove it. She will lose her hair and her scalp may be damaged. Who would wait a month before seeking help?
???? People go for years without seeking needed medical help. Since she seems to be a daycare provider in LA i doubt she has good insurance. I got really sick a few years ago and ended up losing my hearing (thankfully just for a couple months) never went into the doctors.

I'm praying for her. I am so incredibly worried for her. Everybody is laughing at it but she has likely seriously damaged her scalp. who knows if the chemicals have leeched past her skin.

Her sis tried what the doctors gave her and she liked like she was in serious pain. :(

I am very distressed over this

I wonder if that's how she got herself in this mess in the first place. I'm failing to believe she was aware the product was super glue and used it anyway.

It does seem preposterous when you look at the actual product with the big fat CAUTION. IRRITANT. right underneath the name. Not to mention - bonds wood, stone, metal, etc. Or is she saying she's illiterate?

Her scalp must have suffered some real damage, because acetone normally doesn’t burn. I’ve had my faced prepped with acetone for chemical peels. It feels like nothing... Either that or she’s faking at this point and putting on a show.

And do these people really expect a nurse in the ER to sit there basting her head in acetone for hours? No. She needed to take her butt home and apply what they gave her.

Her scalp must have suffered some real damage, because acetone normally doesn’t burn. I’ve had my faced prepped with acetone for chemical peels. It feels like nothing... Either that or she’s faking at this point and putting on a show.

And do these people really expect a nurse in the ER to sit there basting her head in acetone for hours? No. She needed to take her butt home and apply what they gave her.
Agreed. And, we’re in the middle of a pandemic. Ain’t nobody got time for that, sorry to say. This is not a true medical emergency. I mean, she waited a month.

I imagine in the beginning that she was quite happy with her results and it really didn't become an issue until she actually tired of the hairstyle. It would explain why she waited so long to rectify the situation. She now has a permanent hairstyle exactly like a cartoon character but I pray for her sake that her scalp/follicles aren't damaged and that she can actual regrow hair instead of ultimately looking like a Cynthia doll .

I imagine in the beginning that she was quite happy with her results and it really didn't become an issue until she actually tired of the hairstyle. It would explain why she waited so long to rectify the situation. She now has a permanent hairstyle exactly like a cartoon character but I pray for her sake that her scalp/follicles aren't damaged and that she can actual regrow hair instead of ultimately looking like a Cynthia doll .
I could see that happening

I wonder if it was getting in her eyes and burning because it was running down her face. It’s either that, they gave her something other than acetone, she has broken skin on the scalp or she wants the attention. Because I agree, acetone never burned my skin when I used to get microdermabrasion.

This girl went from 6 views on her Instagram posts to over a 1/2 million views. If I were going through this, my first thought would not be to post a video and attach a sad song of the process of getting the glue off. What did she say? ... Go get the phone, record this, find a dramatic song and post it on social media. Like I just can’t with some people.

I just hope her follicles are not damaged. I also hope she follows the dr’s instructions and doesn’t make the damage worse. (Like maybe soaking in the stuff they gave her for an extended period of time to speed up the process.) Because we all know she doesn’t pay ANY attention to instructions.

Dang, I just thought of something. I wonder if her scalp is itching. Ugh. This is just crazy.

Oh, I totally understand why she is just now seeking help and don’t blame her. She probably thought she would be able to wash it out when she wanted a new style.
I reference a month in regards to the decision making of triaging emergencies in the ED, as a medical professional. Folks on Twitter frowning on the ED for sending her home with supplies clearly don’t get that. Her condition has been stable/the same for a month. This is not cause for admission to the hospital. Her follicles may likely be clogged and have risk of becoming infected, but her vitals and labs likely normal right now.
This could have all been handled in an urgent care or even office visit (with subsequent follow up visits and close monitoring), like a ton of other ED visits. Not saying she should have known this, but explaining why sending her home was not because of neglect or racial discrimination.

I just don’t think she’s very smart. There is gorilla snot and there is g2b glued spray, I can see someone not so bright ordering gorilla glue spray by accident. I read a couple comments from others who stated that they had also bought gorilla glue by accident, but caught the error before they used it.

I get the impression that she still hasn’t resigned herself to the fact that she’s going to lose her hair. That’s why she hasn’t used the acetone. In her mind, that’s going to damage her hair further. She has been doing people’s (dumb) suggestions to apply coconut and tea tree oil under cling wrap. She, and others apparently, don’t seem to grasp the fact that her hair is thoroughly coated in an industrial strength polyurethane adhesive. There’s no salvaging it.

True. I wonder how did it take her to realize that this stuff wasn't a hair product. A few minutes, hours, or days? I'm willing to bet that even after a few minutes or even an hour or so, she would have been able to get that stuff out of her hair with minimal damage. Why wait 30 days before going to the ER?

True. I wonder how did it take her to realize that this stuff wasn't a hair product. A few minutes, hours, or days? I'm willing to bet that even after a few minutes or even an hour or so, she would have been able to get that stuff out of her hair with minimal damage. Why wait 30 days before going to the ER?

I can imagine her not realizing until she tried to wash it or change hairstyles. Before that she probably thought she had found the best hair spritz ever made. Pump it up, who? Lol

Did she actually “mistakenly” think she was using hair product or did she just use what was available around the house because she was too lazy or impatient to buy more of the Got2B hair spray she ran out of? I don’t think it’s that she couldn’t read, I think she grabbed what she felt was the next best thing around the house that she felt would do the job. It’s not like you’re going to find this spray in the hair product section of stores. Even if she ordered on Amazon it clearly explains what the product is for. Then again maybe she can’t read. I dunno.

Last edited:
Did she actually “mistakenly” think she was using hair product or did she just use what was available around the house because she was too lazy or impatient to buy more of the Got2B hair spray she ran out of? I don’t think it’s that she couldn’t read, I think she grabbed what she felt was the next best thing around the house that she felt would do the job. It’s not like you’re going to find this spray in the hair product section of stores. Even if she ordered on Amazon it clearly explains what the product is for. Then again maybe she can’t read. I dunno.
I assumed that she knew she was using a glue and not a hair product but like you said, she grabbed it because it was the only thing she had on hand. She probably didn't think that it was such a strong adhesive and that it would eventually break down with water, soap and some elbow grease - like lash glue and other types of glue that people use on their hair/weaves. I really just don't think she thought it through at all and didn't have the patience to do any kind of due diligence on the product before application.

She would have gotten help sooner if she used a scarf because it would have still been attached to her head if she had. I would say she knew better than to smooth with her fingers, too. I'm convinced she did this accidentally on purpose.
I have seen so many videos where people will spray or mousse their hair then add a scarf to lay it flat. I'm glad that she skipped this step... though it may have caused her to seek help a lot quicker.
I'm leaning toward her using it as a substitute on purpose, hence telling us it was a bad, bad, bad idea.

Last edited:
She would have gotten help sooner if she used a scarf because it would have still been attached to her head if had. I would say she knew better than to smooth with her fingers, too. I'm convinced she did this accidentally on purpose.

I'm leaning toward her using it as a substitute on purpose, hence telling us it was a bad, bad, bad idea.

Exactly!!

If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't have made a video about it unless I WANTED to go viral. I wouldn't want to become internet famous by doing something so foolish.

Exactly!!

If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't have made a video about it unless I WANTED to go viral. I wouldn't want to become internet famous by doing something so foolish.

I was talking to my mom about this, and I told her that if I’d done something this stupid, even she wouldn’t know about it. It would be between me and the Heavenly Father. All they’d know is that Theresa shaved her head.

I think the burning is because her scalp is probably a layer of scabs underneath that glue.

When adhesives are in contact with the skin for prolonged periods of time (hours to days), a skin rash can occur in up to 50% of people. Usually, the skin rash is mild and itchy with red and bumpy skin. Once the adhesive is removed, the rash will usually go away within a number of days without treatment.

This glue has been on her head for over a month which may have a rash underneath and now they are pouring acetate on it. Don't forget the acetate and the glue are both chemicals and are reacting to each other on raw skin. Forget hair, there will likely be deformity if they can get the glue off and she will be lucky if there's no internal poisoning.

What she did was stupid but she ain't the only one so I empathize with her and hope that things aren't as serious as I think they are going to be. It's a whole lot of people on and off hair boards who have mixed things together to put on their body or used products in a way they weren't intended to get too self righteous about this situation. Said as I recall the MTG, Monistat, sulfur, and now bed bug ridden chebe crazes. I'm not above it, I used MTG for a month.

Someone said she got 2 b more careful :look: :lol:

In all seriousness, it's sad the lengths some bw will go to to preserve a hairstyle in general. :confused:
I commented on Twitter about a similar comment. The person said they read somewhere someone commented “You Got 2B kidding”. I said I go from laughing, to feeling bad, to laughing again. I just can’t help myself because it’s a funny-not-funny kind of issue. If someone did something like this before social media, people would just be clowning the person left and right. But you get so much empathy nowadays even for stupid stuff like this. I mean seriously ... the bottle has pictures on it of what it’s to be used for. So you really don’t have to know how to read. But I am sure she knows how to read. I am still calling this a “Gate”. It seems fishy no matter what. If I’m wrong ... oh well. Lmbo. Oh and people already talking about doing a crownfunding for this girl. I wonder if that was the expected response?

Oh lawd, not St. Bernard Parish. I wouldn't let anybody know HOW dumb and WHERE I committed the dumbness at. I said acetone when I first heard about it. Now, a dermatologist gave her advice to go to a salon and have them apply acetone. They do use that for keratin glue weaves, so. Edit: I see where her sister used the wipes. I still think she should go to a weavologist and have her hair soaked in the stuff.

Gurl!!!!
She purposefully used the Gorilla spray because she ran out of the Got2B hair spray. She thought it would was out.

My suspicion is that glue isn’t a slip type product. Wouldn’t the gorilla glue be on her hands, brush, or scarf stuck to her hair if she used it to tie it down. I just don’t see how someone can put super glue spray in their hair and it not get on their hands, etc.

Gurl!!!!
She purposefully used the Gorilla spray because she ran out of the Got2B hair spray. She thought it would was out.

My suspicion is that glue isn’t a slip type product. Wouldn’t the gorilla glue be on her hands, brush, or scarf stuck to her hair if she used it to tie it down. I just don’t see how someone can put super glue spray in their hair and it not get on their hands, etc.
That’s what I think :yep: Everything isn’t adding up.

Sorry if some think I’m not compassionate but...I am just having a very hard time buying this story.

Back