Goodbye Motions, Hello Affirm!

Paris Belle

After months of underprocessed hair that I thought was semi-texturized due to Motions, I have finally switched to another relaxer---Affirm.

I went to a stylist (no name, but she's not in NYC ---will not recommend another stylist on this board again although she was excellent) and she used Affirm Regular Lye on my hair.

First, she based my scalp with a product called: CB Smoothe Cooling Scalp Nutrient. It's a thick liquid conditioner that is supposed to be used as a hot oil treatment or some kind of pre-treatment. I've never heard of it, maybe someone has.

This product was great!! It relieved any scalp irritation and prevents the perm from burning your scalp. Also, it has peppermint in it so it was really cooling on the scalp. I didn't have any problems after that and my scalp was so itchy before I got there.

She used the entire Affirm line and I was very impressed with the results. I hope to post pictures soon. She also trimmed my hair. My mother trimmed my hair a few weeks back but I got another trim because my hair was so dry and I've been getting splits from the change of weather, air and the amount of sun down here.

*FYI: I moved to Winston Salem in August..

Well, that's all. I'm now on the Affirm bandwagon. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I'm glad you had good results. Affirm is a very good relax that's what I've been using for a couple of years now.

I just got on the affirm bandwagon. I am streching my relaxer out 12 weeks, so I will post my results after Thanksgiving.

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to Affirm! I'm also glad you had a good experience. Yes, Affirm is great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitchen you lye or no lye? How often you relax? I just jumped on Affirm' costly (45 for a 4kb tub) wagon myself! I liek it but have only used it once. Depending on growth may not be relaxing again til right before Christmas.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to Affirm! I'm also glad you had a good experience. Yes, Affirm is great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitchen you lye or no lye? How often you relax? I just jumped on Affirm' costly (45 for a 4kb tub) wagon myself! I liek it but have only used it once. Depending on growth may not be relaxing again til right before Christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonya, I use Affirm Lye Mild (orignal formula). I relax every 12 weeks/3 months. I also use Affirm 5 n 1, which is very good.

I just did a touch-up with Affirm Mild for the first time. My hairdresser always used affirm with me in the past, but I have not seen her in 2 1/2 years. I am happy with the results. My hair feels very strong--I think it was the 5 n 1 reconstructor. I think that it is a very good reconstructor. Normally, my hair feels light, like it's about to fly away after I relax. This time it just feels strong. The only downer is that my hair was a bit dry, but I have been adding coconut oil nightly and that has solved the problem. I have had the least amount of shedding and very little breakage from a relaxer.

The front was a bit underprocessed, but that's my fault because I ran out of time and did not smooth the front as much as the rest of the hair. However, mango butter, coconut oil and my scarf has remedied that problem.

bottom line: i plan to continue using affirm.

Back