good protein shampoo and conditioner 4a/4b hair

sylviaetc

i've finally perfected the moisturizing part of my hair care regimine; but i am still in the dark about what shampoos and conditioners do really well in the strengthening department, as well as a good reconstructor. any product suggestions, ladies?

btw: i've already tried nexxus emergency and didn't like that way it just sat on my hair... are there any creamy reconstructors out there?

TIA

Re: good protein shampoo and conditioner 4a/4b ha

Hi sylviaetc

Try Lekair Aloe Vera Cholesterol....apply to wet hair, with heat 30 mins. or no heat 1 hour. Rinse out well, follow with Infusium23 for normal hair or your favorite leave in, lightly oil ends, rollerset...voila!! Works for me everytime.

Hope this help:)

thanx for the advice L2BM, but i've already tried the lekair cholestrol and it left my hair gooey and with absolutely no slip, a full jar is still taking up space in my draw; and the infusium?! fahgetaboutit! lol my hair does not like infusium. ps.

anymore suggestions? does anyone know anything about dudleys drc-28?

I've heard that Dudley DRC-28 is really REALLY good! In fact, I've heard it's so good that it should only be applied in the salon.

What about trying some Nexxus Keraphix and Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo. Botanoil has SLES (not SLS) in it but it's a great product and you'll really see the improvement in your hair.

thanx supergirl... but alas i've already been down the nexxus road; in fact i ended up cleaning my toilet with the therapy and shaving my legs with the humectress; and i won't even mention the emergencee. nexxus lovers out there please don't kill me lol

i know i'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but does anyone else have any suggestions? i did a search but all i saw in the way of protein cons. and sham. is motions and lanza. i need a little more to go on...
tia

[ QUOTE ]
in fact i ended up cleaning my toilet with the therapy and shaving my legs with the humectress; and i won't even mention the emergencee

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif

Well, what did you do with the emergencee?

Aubrey's GPB and Nexxus Keraphix are my favorite creamy protein conditioners.

I'm wondering too about the Emergencee... And did you try the Botanoil Shampoo that Supergirl mentioned? I've learned it works exceptionally well for 4A/B hair types because it is loaded with good vitamins to strengthen the hair and encourage growth, such as biotin and cysteine, contains oils so it's not drying (even with the SLES. It is made for relaxed hair.

I am a Nexxus lover mainly because several of their products have really worked wonders on my 4A/B relaxed hair over the years while I was unknowingly abusing my hair with heat and other things. Nexxus kept the hair on my head.
up.gif

Sylviaetc,

I am a 4a and I bet the Elasta QP Intensive treatment is the answer your hair is looking for. I loooooooooove this stuff.

I always sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 15-30 min, depending on my mood or my hair's need and wowow! The slip is awesome! Though I always follow with my Keracare Humecto conditioner(moisture).

Also, my last wash. I left the keracare humecto on my hair overnight. (I washed my hair around 4pm, let it airdry in two braids and washed it out in the morning.) I was a little nervous about leaving anything that's "supposed" to be rinsed out in my hair, but woo wee was it soft and purty!

Try it! Let me know your results and good luck, Girl!

AZjeepgurl

The only conditioner I have ever tried that gave me exceptional strength was Hi Pro Pac for extremely damaged hair. I had no hair in my comb after using this. They make two formulas but this one works best.

I like the Softsheen Breakthru Fortifying Moisturizing Shampoo....it contains Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and provides good slip. I love this shampoo...for a reconstructor..I love Aphogee Intensive 2-minute Reconstructor. I usually leave it on for about 10 min. I've been using them both once a week and my hair has been improving lately.

I think the reconstructor works more effectively when used consistently on a regular basis as opposed to the hair instantly improving after one usage.

thanx alot girls... *S* ummm, in answer to you nexxus addicts *L* i only bought the littlest bottle (3.3fl oz) of the nexxus emergencee and when i looked at it just now i still have more than 3'4 of it left. it feels like i didn't use any... it was just to sticky!
i know this isn't the correct forum but if anyone wants it let me know... free of charge, of course...

with that said, i was wondering how many times per month should the protein treatments like aphogee, and hi pro pac be used?

i've done some research on the nexxus website and i'm gonna try the keraphix and botanoil...

[ QUOTE ]
a protein treatment should be used every six months

[/ QUOTE ]

every 6mons? even by someone with really damaged hair?
and...
what about the protein shampoos and conditioners; should they be alternated between moisturizing poo's and cond.?

Oh no, I thought we were supposed to do a protein treatment after every relaxer???!!!

I haven't used the aphogee reconstructor but I have the shampoo for damaged hair and the pro-vitamin leave-in. I felt sort of so-so about them at first, but I stuck with them and I like them more now. When I run out of the shampoo, i will probably get a different shampoo, because it has SLES in it
ohwell.gif
It does have protein in it (Hydrolyzed whole wheat protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen--in that order, about mid-way in the ingredient list). The leave-in is what I really have changed my mind about. It doesn't detangle at all so I was a little displeased with it at first, but reading the bottle again I saw that it never claims to detangle or provide slip. It does strengthen and add shine. I've learned to only use a little bit and I just use my Relax serum after it to detangle and it works fine. It actually has some really nice ingredients among some long, scary-sounding chemical names:

Water, Polyquaternium-11, amodimethicone, panthenol, hydrolyzed hair keratin, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans (hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides), sodium-coco collagen amino acids, cocoyl sarcosine, wheat germ fatty acids, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, sorbitol, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, tocopherol, sulfur, tallowtrimonium chloride, citric acid, polysorbate-80, nonoxymol-10, aminomethyl propanol, dimethicone copoylol, acetamide MEA, ppg-2 methyl ether, fragrance, quaternium-15, methylparaben.
It has a ph of 5.5

Anyway, the shampoo isn't super high in protein but it is for damaged hair. I more readily recommend the leave-in
smile.gif

deby-j: i went and did a search and everyone says that you are supposed to do a protein treatment before and after every relaxer. maybe prettygirl was misinformed,it happens; except for the "oldtymers" lol we newbies are still learning... (i don' know if PG is a newbie)

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Nexxus Botanoil shampoo give good slip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at least for me it does. I'm very impressed with this shampoo.

can the keraphix be used daily; say twice every other week. i want to alternate between moisturizing and protein shampoo and conditioners on a biweekly basis...

Sylvia, I've read some posts of some members who said they use it weekly with great results. I don't use it that frequently, myself though.

oh i see, i wouldn't want to take a chance on using it daily and then have my hair get worse because of too much protein. i think i need something milder...

Back