4a/4b Naturals that Shampoo

I use castille soap biweekly unless I have a lot of build up from trying new products. Then I use Garnier Frutis.

Now I pretty much only use AO HSR, or Giovanni TTTT (usually diluted) but also have AO GBP & AO Green Tea Clarifying poos in my stash. I think the HSR leaves my hair feeling the best before I DC. Once I use up all of my stash I want to try using baking soda in water or added to condish as a cleanser.

I use Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo. It's very concentrated so I dilute it. An 8 oz. bottle has lasted me more than a year.

I would try out the JC Shampoo and if your hair doesn't respond well to it take it back.

A year WOW!...sounds very cost effective...how much are you using for each poo session?

Lately, I've been using my cetaphil face wash :look:.

It's gentle, it cleans my scalp well, and the runoff cleans my hair.

Cetaphil? Very interesting...never thought to use on the hair ... do you dilute it? What are the cleansing agents in it?

Last edited:
I stopped using shampoo after I realized it was the reason my hair was so hard after if dried.

I only use natural soap now. My faves are black soap and liquid castile soap.

Not all sulfates are bad. SLS a run-off of coconut oil sapons. If you use it in moderation it is not so bad.

I use Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo. I rub only my scalp with the shampoo. I absolutely adore this stuff. It makes my hair bouncy and super-soft.
I've used Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars. I'm not particularly excited about them because they take a bit of time to get used to. I really like the Cafe Moreno one. I use them on my braids and twist extensions.

I tried just co-washing but I was getting too much build up. Now I started to use Garnier Fructis 2 in 1. I figure the additional conditioner in it couldnt hurt and sometimes I use castile soap.
At this point I think getting rid of the build up is more important than shying away from the SLS.

I use African black soap, Bronners magic shikakai lavender soap, Grandpa's pine tar oil soap. My friend gave me some Rusk alfalfa and green tea shampoo and it is wonderful. I don't buy shampoo, but I would buy this one when it runs out.

Last edited:
i used creme of nature conditioning shampoo, i think it was drying my hair. Am in love with fekkai au naturel shampoo. smells like a mixture of herbs. I also use the fekkai apple cider shampoo for clarifying. Great Products!!!!

UPDATE: Thanks for your response ladies :)...so I ended up taking the Jane Carter back and I decided on getting J/A/S/O/N Natural Jojoba Shampoo. I also read a great review on it too...I'll let you know how it works for me.

When I do shampoo at home I used Dr. Bronner's Magic soap. I use the liquid. Either peppermint or Almond. But I only shampoo with soap every 4-5 weeks. Other wise I conditioner wash multiple times during the week if I'm not wearing straight styles.

Last edited:
I tried just co-washing but I was getting too much build up. Now I started to use Garnier Fructis 2 in 1. I figure the additional conditioner in it couldnt hurt and sometimes I use castile soap.
At this point I think getting rid of the build up is more important than shying away from the SLS.

I agree with bolded. Cowashing does work for moisture and makes my hair more manageable but the build up on my scalp was awful! I went through some older posts here about washing frequently and one poster mentioned that she used Nettle shampoo from here: http://www.herbsfromthelabyrinth.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=2&

She said that she used this poo daily on her scalp so I figured it must be gentle. It is! I love this shampoo. I can use it every 2 days without problem and my hair dries soft now, softer than it did when I was just cowashing. I don't put leave ins in my hair until it is completely dry and my hair is soft from just this shampoo and cheap VO5 conditioner. I tried shampoo bars and they are too harsh for my hair. This poo is perfect and ALL NATURAL, plus nettle is good for hair growth. No more build up for me. I only wish the lady made bigger bottles :sad:.

Hmmm, the PJ in me says 'sounds interesting' :drunk: where do you buy the shampoo?
i used creme of nature conditioning shampoo, i think it was drying my hair. Am in love with fekkai au naturel shampoo. smells like a mixture of herbs. I also use the fekkai apple cider shampoo for clarifying. Great Products!!!!

I used Apple Cider Vinegar (1 part) and Spring Water (2 parts) on my hair, faithfully, each time I shampooed and deep conditioned. Shampoo tangled and dried out my hair way too much for me.

Personally, I'd avoid the sulfates and just return the shampoo. Sulfates can really be drying and it's just not worth the risk or potential damage to our tresses.

Cetaphil? Very interesting...never thought to use on the hair ... do you dilute it? What are the cleansing agents in it?

Well I really just used it because it was in the shower, my scalp felt dirty, and there was nothing else to use (it was either that or soap). But basically I just put some on my finger tips and massaged it into my scalp, let it sit and then rinsed. I think the one I have has SLS in it but sense it's gentle on my face I figured it would be just fine on my scalp, and it was. I think I've used it 3 times in total.

Generally I use bentonite clay to clean my hair though.

Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo - my long time partner
Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing/detangling formula) - there's still a lot in Los Angeles
Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo - fabulous for the price
Proclaim Olive Oil Gloss Shampoo - so good so far . . . and it does the job

Back