Gold N' Hot Ionic Label Warning!

It's HERE!!!

Fresh off the Fedex truck - had to open 2 huge taped boxes then put it together (easy!), plugged that joker in and nothing happens.........

hehe....i forgot to pull the shield down :lachen::lachen::lachen:

got my curlers, got everyone's LHCF roller setting tutorials all bookmarked, got setting lotion, curler clips, end papers...............

OMG can't wait to try it out next wash!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

i don't have a camera, i do have a dvd handheld minus the discs.............gonna have to do something about that asap.

ETA: yep, mine also has the lead warning. no worries though, no small animals or kiddos round here.

ETA2: holy cow....my mom has a cat!!! should be ok, she doesn't chew on stuff.

Last edited:
dlewis said:
LynnieB, Remember what we talked about????????????????:D

guuuuuurllll......ya gotta help me.

heck, i won't even wait until til i try to get the first chunk of hair on to a roller.........i crying NOW lol.

gotta get me some mini discs for that recorder!!!!!

LynnieB said:
also ladies who've done this ebay thing before......

how long should i wait before filing a complaint with ebay or paypal...

its only been 4 days - 2 business days and i don't want to jump the gun too soon.

originally shipper said should arrive in 7 days (arriving where norcross, ga or my house???).

i know both ebay and paypal of protections for customers complaint resolutions (20-30 days right?).

i'm trying not to get paranoid......................it ain't easy though :p

ebay is ALL good, just wait a little longer:)

tsmith said:
ebay is ALL good, just wait a little longer:)

hehehe i feel el stupido now <insert blush icon>

yea....ebay seems to have your back if something goes wrong, i likey.

:p

2cute2B4gotten said:
Yes, it's yellow and looks kinda like a space suit of some sort. Not cute...but it works. :)
Nooooo!! Say it ain't so. I just bought that thing and I love it. I've always been worried about that part that hangs around your neck though. I'm thinking radiation or something is coming out, lol (seriously though).

LynnieB said:
guuuuuurllll......ya gotta help me.

heck, i won't even wait until til i try to get the first chunk of hair on to a roller.........i crying NOW lol.

gotta get me some mini discs for that recorder!!!!!

What's wrong?:eek:

LynnieB said:
It's HERE!!!

Fresh off the Fedex truck - had to open 2 huge taped boxes then put it together (easy!), plugged that joker in and nothing happens.........

got my curlers, got everyone's LHCF roller setting tutorials all bookmarked, got setting lotion, curler clips, end papers...............

i don't have a camera, i do have a dvd handheld minus the discs.............gonna have to do something about that asap.

ETA: yep, mine also has the lead warning. no worries though, no small animals or kiddos round here.

Glad it arrived, please let me know how you like it, can't wait to buy mine... I have a 3 year old but all I have to tell her is don't touch...HOT...or BAD...and she'll leave it alone...she's real obedient and doesn't put things in her mouth anymore:)

dlewis said:
What's wrong?:eek:

oh shucks nothing's wrong..........yet - haven't gotten the first hair into a roller yet AND try to secure it so it doesn't move LOL

it's just that even doing a few pincurls gets me frustrated sometimes - having a tough time imagining how it will be trying to do this rollerset (how many do you girls use on average? 30, 40, 50?):D

no worries....sorry for the fright.

Now LynnieB, how you gon' spend all that money on a dryer and not have a digital camera? :naughty: Shame on you! You got your priorities all mixed up! :lol:

preciousjewel76 said:
Now LynnieB, how you gon' spend all that money on a dryer and not have a digital camera? :naughty: Shame on you! You got your priorities all mixed up! :lol:

LOLLOL - yea really!!

i always say "aww shucks" when someone says something and they have no pics because "no batteries", "camera broke", "computer went kapoot".

LynnieB said:
oh shucks nothing's wrong..........yet - haven't gotten the first hair into a roller yet AND try to secure it so it doesn't move LOL

it's just that even doing a few pincurls gets me frustrated sometimes - having a tough time imagining how it will be trying to do this rollerset (how many do you girls use on average? 30, 40, 50?):D

no worries....sorry for the fright.

I use about 50 rollers but Isis says she doesn't use many at all.

preciousjewel76 said:

yea..............:lol: :lol: :lol:

2cute2B4gotten said:
Ok, you are not dead yet :lol: , but ladies this warning scares me. I don't have any other appliances that have that label. Exactly how much lead is in the cord? I don't think this is normal. I went to Sally's and scoped out their flat irons, curling irons and dryers and did not see any other manufacturer with this warning! I don't know what to do.

For those of you who have seen the warning...are you going to continue to use your dryer?
Aww dag I want to get one of these, well I don't plan on having any more kids ....hmmmm :look:

LynnieB said:
It's HERE!!!

Hey how did that workout for you??? Did you get that roller set done? How's the dryer working for you?

AtlantaJJ said:
Hey how did that workout for you??? Did you get that roller set done? How's the dryer working for you?

oh man i LOVE my dryer and it works beautifully - i'm sooo glad i bought it!!!

yes, sure did get that rollerset done, in fact i did 2 of them - the last with flexirods and they turned out great!

i have a shweet digital camera now so next time i do another set, i'll definitely be posting some pics :D

thanx for asking AtlantaJJ....(hopefully someone else will check out this dryer and post their experiences <hint> hehe).

Royal Glory said:
Also, the state of California requires a lot more of its manufacturers than the other 49. I think their laws are stricter. That doesn't disqualify the validity of the warning, but it is worth considering that they are simply stricter. If more states and/or the federal government had the warning, it might be even more serious.

So just be cautious by washing your hands and MAKE SURE YOUR CHILDREN DON'T HANDLE IT AT ALL because lead is more hazardous to the little ones.

Yea I just moved to cali and thats one thing i noticed. Even in ross, in the dishes area, it has signs posted about lead being in some of the products. I wish other states were as open...

Most power cords come with that warning even computer power cords. I also have the same warning on my Chi flat iron.

does it have the same warning for this one
CIMG5428_001.JPG

i just bought it today:(

I just did a blog on this (it's called PLEASE HELP!). I am going to return mine. I want to get pregnant this year and even if I didn't, I don't want any lead on me. Do all of these dryers have this warning? I will probably purchase the stand up dryer. I hope my head fits underneath.

Well, I'm done... my kids are out and I'm snipped and so is my husband.

Not that it's cool that they did that, but I'm just glad there is one less thing for ME to stress out about because I AM as stresser...:ohwell:

I had a porcelin christmas train set 2 years ago and it had the same warning and I was about 4-5 month pregnant when I got it. I just washed my hands with soap after. I have seen a lot of products with this warning. It's mainly just a precaution but with all products you should wash your hands after wards anyways just in case.

OT...I bought a lawn mover and the instruction book said "ONLY USE ON GRASS SURFACE" which is common sense to most but someone tried to cut the top of their bushes with the lawn mower and cut his leg off. So companies have to cover their butt with everything. Let it be lead, glass, silicon, dirt, etc.

Back