Other Stand Up Dryers/Pibbs Alternatives????

biancaelyse

Has anyone looked at or purchased another brand of stand up dryer?

I did a search and found some others that sounded promising but didn't know if anyone here had already tried one:

See Details
Gold N Hot : Tourmaline Ionic Stand Dryer

Stand dryer is tourmaline infused wirh ionic generator.
1875 watts of power.
Ionic on/off switch.
3 position hood adjustment.
4 heat settings.
Lockable wheels.
Removable air-intake grille
12 ft. power cord.
6 ft. in height.
1 year Gold N Hot Warranty.

Item Code: BUR-GH1053 Availability: In Stock
truck_logo.jpg
Our Price: $114.95

See Details
Hot Tools Stand Up Hair Dryer

This stand up hair dryer has tourmaline and ionic nano technologies.
Rollaround telescoping stand with adjustable height.
The stand dryer reduces drying time up to 50%. 1875 watts of power.
2 Speed / 4 heat options. Ionic on / off feature.
Large bonnet accommodates even the la...

Item Code: JD-H-1059 Availability: In Stock
truck_logo.jpg
Our Price: $139.95

See Details
Rollabout Bonnet Dryer : Babyliss Pro Ionic

This bonnet hair dryers features include:
Fast drying Ionic technology output
1600 watts of drying power
3 Temperature settings
Ajustable height
Portable and free standing

Item Code: BUR-BABHHDRIC Availability: In Stock
truck_logo.jpg
Our Price: $159.95

See Details
Rollabout Bonnet Dryer : Conair Pro

This bonnet hair dryers features include:
1600 watts of drying power
3 Temperature settings
Ajustable height
Portable and free standing

Item Code: JD-CN-CPHHD Availability: In Stock
truck_logo.jpg
Our Price: $159.95

Pebco Ionic on amazon it's 119. there are a lot of salon type dryers that aren't too pricey. Pebco is a salon hooded dryer.

I have the Hot Tools 1059--there was a special on it on the boards for $80 and I got it then. It works very well, gets hot, has a nice size hood. I see the price has increased though to $139. Ebay had them for $99 at one time...maybe they still do.

I have the gold n' hot and I have no problems with it. It gets hot and dries my hair quickly. It has 3 settings: cool, medium, and hot. I use it on medium since the hot gets so hot. It also has this switch that allows you to turn on the ionic option. Haven't had a problem with it and I've had it for almost a year.

I got this during the Pibbs sale:

Picture-1.jpg

It cost me $159 shipping included.

I got it off ebay but the seller has a webstore now.

http://salonsrus.com/shopnow//catal...id=74&osCsid=0a44f8870d3dd6e616861e376eecdff5

Looks like its going for $139.

Charge!!!!!! :cowgirl:

How does it work, do you think is comparable to the Pibbs dryers. I wonder what's the general lifespan of Pibb dryers, I'm a broke student with a refund check and I want to make sure its worth a long term investment. It takes me over 2 hours to dry my hair now, and I love doing rollersets :sad:

I have one of the ones posted in the original post but I cant remember which one. It works fine by my standards. The two major things I think that are the differences between a Pibbs and the dryers in the OP post are the size of the hood and the way the air flows. I think the Pibbs air flow is in a circular motion or something which affects the way your hair is dried and these other stand up ones don't do that...at least not to my knowledge. I am not sure about the Pebco one either. It looks like a Pibbs though.

I have the Gold N Hot dryer that you posted above. I got it from Sally's but I can't remember how much I paid. Sally's also shipped it to my house. Overall I really like it. It gets the job done. I've never had any other stand up dryer so I don't know how it compares.

How does it work, do you think is comparable to the Pibbs dryers. I wonder what's the general lifespan of Pibb dryers, I'm a broke student with a refund check and I want to make sure its worth a long term investment. It takes me over 2 hours to dry my hair now, and I love doing rollersets :sad:
Before I bought it, I bombarded the seller with 50 questions and yes, it is comparable to the Pibbs-it works the same, same temp, same upward air flow,same size-everything. I can fit under there with the grey rollers with no problem and it only takes my sets 50 minutes to dry.

I bought it back in March I think and it has gotten much use and my son knocked it over and cracked the lid :wallbash: but its still ticking.

HTH!

Plus I bought it on a Monday and got it on a Thursday.

Last edited:
I have the purple one I bought when they had the Pibbs deal going here. It's loud and cute but another member said the one she HAD caught fire or something like that. (I gave the purple people eater to my mom)

See Details
Hot Tools Stand Up Hair Dryer

This stand up hair dryer has tourmaline and ionic nano technologies.
Rollaround telescoping stand with adjustable height.
The stand dryer reduces drying time up to 50%. 1875 watts of power.
2 Speed / 4 heat options. Ionic on / off feature.
Large bonnet accommodates even the la...

Item Code: JD-H-1059 Availability: In Stock
truck_logo.jpg
Our Price: $139.95

----------------

I have this one!

I bought it earlier this year while the Pibbs deal was going on. It was on special also..less than a hundred bucks.

I LOVE it! It gets really hot!

The hood is rather large also......so you can fit probably the largest of the large rollers under there with ease.

Make sure you clean the lil filter out every so often. It's really easy---just pop that top section off, blow it out and keep on going.

Since I've mastered rollersetting, I'll step it up to a Pibbs in a year or so....or if this one konks out before then.

But, I've already gotten my money's worth many times over as is.
I use it at least twice a week, so this thing has saved me hundreds of dollars in beauty salon trips!!!

Love my pretty purple baby!!

I have the Conair Rollabout from Sally's I think it was about 120.00. It works really great for me. Easy to store, and it gets hot, and the air blows hard(if that makes sense). It also dries very evenly. My ex-stylist had the Pibbs driers. My complaint was that they got way too HOT! This one doesn't do that. And most Sally's always have them in stock so you won't have to pay shipping.

Bumping. I think my dryer is about to conk out on me :ohwell:. The air isn't coming out as hot or as hard. I have the purple Hot Tools Tourmaline Ionic above.

I have the First One You Referenced. The Gold 'N Hot Ionic Tourmaline 1875 Watts Stand Dryer. When I was looking into purchasing a dryer, I was concerned about the Wattage. I have thick hair and I wanted something with Power behind it, so I wouldn't be under the dryer all day.:ohwell:

This one works fine. There was also one that had like 2000 Watts that I had also looked at that was reasonable (in comparison to the Pibbs) Can't remember which. But Watts were very important to me.:yep:

I was going to create a thread about this but BiancaElyse already did!!! Does anyone have a review of the Salons'RUs version of the Pibbs 514???? TIA!

I think I am going to go with the salonsrus is only about $135 or something close. From what I've read on the internet about it, it seems to work pretty well. I was upset that the PIBBS 514 price went up so much, so the salonsrus version will have to do.

I'll update once I get it.

I got the babyliss pro ionic, I had the conair from sally's but as soon as the 1 yr warranty was up the cord starting melting :wallbash: and so I called them & the agreed to replace it any way it was 1 week out of warranty & they sent me the Babyliss pro ionic in its place.

Back