Going Blonde For Him?

STLCoverGirl

Would any of you ladies hi-lite or dye your hair blonde if your man really wanted you to? If you knew your hair was in good condition and could handle the process, would you do it?

...probably not.

A: I don't think blonde hair would flatter me AT ALL
B: A man who wanted me to make that drastic of a change to my appearance clearly isn't satisfied with me as-is :nono:
C. Even if my hair was strong enough to handle the dye process, will it be strong enough to handle anything after that? I wouldn't want to risk having to constantly say 'oh, I can do x, y or z to my hair because it's already colored and blah, blah, blah..'

... but then again, I've never really been the adventurous type :rolleyes:

Ditto, Diya! :yep:

...probably not.

B: A man who wanted me to make that drastic of a change to my appearance clearly isn't satisfied with me as-is :nono:
C. Even if my hair was strong enough to handle the dye process, will it be strong enough to handle anything after that? I wouldn't want to risk having to constantly say 'oh, I can do x, y or z to my hair because it's already colored and blah, blah, blah..'

...probably not.

I'm with you on all three points :yep:, especially the first two.

Nope ... No way... would he go bald/permed (or whatever other guy styles) for you? Plus if you don't want it you won't be happy with it... its ur appearance.

Absolutely NOT! If I don't want to color my hair blonde, then I'm not going to, no matter how much he wants it. It's too much maintainence and up keep. Not very many people (even with healthy hair) can handle going blonde. I wouldn't want to risk seeing all my progress literally go down the drain :nono:.

ultimately...NO.
if its something that i have absolutely no interest in and thats with anything in general, i'm not compromising. not when it comes to my body.:nono:
different story if i thought i would look good, had been wanting but i dont really like blonde hair on women of color OR any color actually:lachen::lachen:

Nope.

I hate Blonde hair. It's fine on others, but not on me. I love my hair being very dark. The darker the better!!!

ultimately...NO.
if its something that i have absolutely no interest in and thats with anything in general, i'm not compromising. not when it comes to my body.:nono:
different story if i thought i would look good, had been wanting but i dont really like blonde hair on women of color OR any color actually:lachen::lachen:

This is basically how I feel. He saw what you looked like when he got you so he shouldn't be trying to make changes now. I do perm for my DH but am torn between having the natural or the relaxed look :rolleyes:

Absolutely not. My hair journey is too important to me to let someone else dictate what I need to do with my own hair.

Besides, I would look a hot mess with blonde hair.

I got blonde highlights in high school and it dried the my hair out. It was impossible to keep it moisturized. It will definitely be a lot of work to keep up if you do dye it.

Ooooohhhh...Girl dont do it :nono:

I made the mistake of dying my hair a little over a year ago (for me by the way ) and my hair is still jacked up.

Keep your hair's health, because dye will surely damage it.

Back