GNC Ultra Nourishair anyone?

I used it when I was initially growing my hair. I loved it because it was a healthy balance of everything.

I must say that I noticed a more significant increase in growth when I began taking higher individual dosages of biotin/MSM/b vitamin.

All in all, I would still recommend the GNC.

I love it! It makes my hair grow really fast and much thicker. I don't even use it everyday and I notice growth after each usage.

I heard the nioxin makes you grow a mustache. :-/

thanks ladies, im glad i ordered it! not sure if I will still take my vitamin C once I get it because it seems like it has a bit of everything in it. did anyone breakout from the biotin? biotin scares me.

People that break out from biotin are people who take too much of it, more than your body needs. I'm guessing Ultra Nourishair has B5 in it, which balances out biotin. This is why I'm all for taking a multi than taking separate supps. The hair multi usually has everything balanced out so you're not getting too much of one thing and so that there's no imbalance. I doubt you will break out from the biotin in the product.

I take the GNC Ultra Nourishair and love it. I also take 5000 mcg Biotin along with :look: GNC Ultra Mega for Women. I have great results. You're right Nonie it does balance out. You should take B group vitamins when taking Biotin prevents breakouts.

i was taking 5,000 mcg of biotin along with vitamin b complex. i still broke out but i also wasnt drinking much water. i was thinking about giving biotin another shot but slicing it in half.

People that break out from biotin are people who take too much of it, more than your body needs. I'm guessing Ultra Nourishair has B5 in it, which balances out biotin. This is why I'm all for taking a multi than taking separate supps. The hair multi usually has everything balanced out so you're not getting too much of one thing and so that there's no imbalance. I doubt you will break out from the biotin in the product.

Not necessarily, I took the recommended amount on the bottle, and still had a star crunch face. I was taking it b/c so many women said it helped grow hair, plus I was drinking the raw egg shake. Raw egg depletes biotin levels in the body. So I was trying to supplement the raw egg with the biotin. Some women do fine with it, and some break out.

Not necessarily, I took the recommended amount on the bottle, and still had a star crunch face. I was taking it b/c so many women said it helped grow hair, plus I was drinking the raw egg shake. Raw egg depletes biotin levels in the body. So I was trying to supplement the raw egg with the biotin. Some women do fine with it, and some break out.

Were you taking just biotin by itself, or a multi? What I mean is those who break out don't break out from taking a multi. It's usually from taking the biotin on its own without it being balanced by say B5 which is believed to prevent breakouts and is usually included in a multi.

I just recently stopped taking the GNC UltraNourish Hair - not because I didn't like it- it's great and I was getting good growth with it - I found another vitamin that has the same ingredients but more of them and it was cheaper. It is called Maxi-Hair, I purchased it at Vitamin Shoppe - I love it!

Hey Tatambabyy!

I've tried both and I saw more results and no explosive acne reactions with Nioxin. I like that Nioxin doesn't rely on Biotin to work. It only has 300 mg. Nioxin is also known to have unique ingredients that aid hair growth.

I've been taking 2 tablets of Nioxin everyday for a year and my hair growth is the reason some of my friends jumped on the Nioxin band wagon. I know they're exaggerating, but my friends always tease that everytime they see me my hair's grown longer. :look:

I'm debating on either ordering these or nioxin. Anyone use these with good results?

I just recently stopped taking the GNC UltraNourish Hair - not because I didn't like it- it's great and I was getting good growth with it - I found another vitamin that has the same ingredients but more of them and it was cheaper. It is called Maxi-Hair, I purchased it at Vitamin Shoppe - I love it!

I'm cosigining with you on this, I have taken ultranourish for 3 months with good results but switched to Maxi hair because it does have much more in larger dosage than ultra nourish, and it does not have the stinky smell ultra nourish has. I buy it online from vitacost.com for 7.15 for 90 pills.

I started off taking Ultranourishair and got decent growth. Then I saw the rave reviews for Nioxin (I was also taking two a day). I actually got less growth with the Nioxin (I took it for 6 months). So, now, I am back to Ultranorishair. That Nioxin was too expensive for less growth.

Last edited:
I'm cosigining with you on this, I have taken ultranourish for 3 months with good results but switched to Maxi hair because it does have much more in larger dosage than ultra nourish, and it does not have the stinky smell ultra nourish has. I buy it online from vitacost.com for 7.15 for 90 pills.

Are the pills smaller?

I tried and like Ultranourishair, I switched to GNCs hair skin and nails vitamin because they were having a bogo sale, but I think I did a little better with the ultranourishair so im thinking about going back. Both are pretty good though. I found a coupon for 20% off a single item till April 30 its only for online purchases at GNC.com. If you use the link the discount shows up in the your shopping cart.

ok, I just got mine in the mail today and theyyy areee huggggeeeeeeeeeeee. with an odd scent. but I can deal with it. my vitamin b complex smelled/tasted horrible. anyway, the bottle says take two. did you laides take one a day, or two?

i was taking 5,000 mcg of biotin along with vitamin b complex. i still broke out but i also wasnt drinking much water. i was thinking about giving biotin another shot but slicing it in half.

I think the reason why so many people break out from ultra nourish is because it contains milk, if you read the label it will say that it contains milk, as many of us already know that dairy products can cause acne for some people who is lactose intolerante.

ok, I just got mine in the mail today and theyyy areee huggggeeeeeeeeeeee. with an odd scent. but I can deal with it. my vitamin b complex smelled/tasted horrible. anyway, the bottle says take two. did you laides take one a day, or two?

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Back