Get The Most out Of Your Vitamins..

I am going to have to start back taking my vitamins... I stopped. One of my friends recently told me to take my vits at night too... something about them being able to work better, so I'll start tonight.

Does anybody know if there is a difference between taking chewable pills and the regular ones (multivitamins)?? I have a strong gag reflex and just cant swallow pills bigger than OO so I bought the chewables so I can at least take something.

When Y'all talk about taking the vits at night, do you mean taking during the night hours (7pm-5am) or taking them before you go to bed?

BerrySweet said:
When Y'all talk about taking the vits at night, do you mean taking during the night hours (7pm-5am) or taking them before you go to bed?

I think they mean just before going to bed.

I take my vitamins at night also. I think they work better that way. But to be honest, I couldn't take them in the morning anyway. I'm always rushing out of here like a bat outta hell. LOL. For those people who have trouble keeping up with the vitamin regimen this is the way to go. So, it's nightime for me.:)

sky_blu said:
Does anybody know if there is a difference between taking chewable pills and the regular ones (multivitamins)?? I have a strong gag reflex and just cant swallow pills bigger than OO so I bought the chewables so I can at least take something.

I take a chewable multi vitamins, Nature's Plus Pinneaple Adult Chewable from the Vitamin Shoppe. I love them, they do color your tongue yellow, so I rinse my mouth with water to keep the dye to a minimum. But I'm also taking pills (1 Nioxin recharging complex and 2 GNC 1000mg MSM (1 in the morning and 1 at night). So I chew my multi's in the morning, take my 1 Nioxin, and 1 MSM; and in the evening I take 1 more MSM for a total of 3 pills and 1 chewable a day. The MSM is not too bad because it's a capsule.

Candy_C said:
hey, i'm posting just to say, if you haven't got a multi vitamin in your vitmain regime, i think its wise to get one. i put it off for ages thinking that what i had was good, but since i've added a timed release multi, my overall health feels so balanced and i feel so alive and energetic. i really think it has been the cause of my growth spurt (1 inch in 4 weeks) i'm kinda scared (ina good way) i wonder if anyone has maintained 1 inch a month for a year? i bet it isn't consistently possible..or is it? i'm still takin them at night so that could be the reason, i'm so excited i feel i've found the hair secret. i take a multi, flaxseed OIL (9,300mg - a tablespoon) 10mg of biotin and a B50 complex per day.

the comparison is in my fotki - Feb section if you wanna take a peek.

Candy C,

What brand time released multi and flaxseed do you take? I take GNC brand flaxseed and it has 7700mg Alpha Linolenic (omega 3), 2170mg Linoleic (omega 6), 2240mg Oleic (omega 9). I've been looking for a brand with more mgs.

sky_blu said:

I take chewable Centrum. My doctor once explained to me that the vitamin may not dissolve all the way before it is flushed out of your system. Hence, your body may not absorb all of the nutrients the vitamin has to offer.

A friend of mine went on a health kick and did a series of colon flushes one time and the facility she went to paid careful attention to the waste and told her she never dissolved her vitamins all the way after taking them. Everyone's body works differently, but I take the chewable vitamins so I can help my body along with absorbing of them....

This sounds interesting... It would be much easier to take vitamins before bed, but what about the suggestions on the bottles (at least, on my bottles) that recommend that you take them with a meal?

Also, where can I find MSM? I've been looking all over for it! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

This is good advice. I am taking Biotin for the next 100 days to see if I get any fantasic results.

Candy_C said:
i also heard taking vitamins with coffee helps them digest better but i hate coffee and i dont think its appropriate to be honest. it was oin a health show over in the UK. i'm gona research this and get back 2 ya!

I heard that caffeine hinders the absorption of vitamins so you should wait about half an hour in between. I think hot drinks together w some vits is also not too good.
Think I read it on LHCF but don´t ask me where lol

Candy_C said:
i also heard taking vitamins with coffee helps them digest better but i hate coffee and i dont think its appropriate to be honest. it was oin a health show over in the UK. i'm gona research this and get back 2 ya!

I heard that caffeine hinders the absorption of vitamins so you should wait about half an hour in between. I think hot drinks together w some vits is also not too good.
Think I read it on LHCF but don´t ask me where lol

Bumping for Candy_C...

Candy, can you tell us which multi you use? I'm almost out of my GNC Ultramega and need another multi.

Thanks for this information, again! ;)

CandyC, this is such a great thread. Man, you learn something new everyday on LHCF.

For those of you who have frequent urination, like me, I read it is best to drink 2-3 glasses of water when you first wake up, and another few glasses when you are about to go to bed. Then you can sip on some in moderation when you are going through your day (at work, school, whatever)....by doing so this way, you are getting your adequate amount of water, but in a more controlled environment -- where it is convienient to pee every five seconds....lol. :D

LadyEsquire said:
CandyC, this is such a great thread. Man, you learn something new everyday on LHCF.

For those of you who have frequent urination, like me, I read it is best to drink 2-3 glasses of water when you first wake up, and another few glasses when you are about to go to bed. Then you can sip on some in moderation when you are going through your day (at work, school, whatever)....by doing so this way, you are getting your adequate amount of water, but in a more controlled environment -- where it is convienient to pee every five seconds....lol. :D

You too with the frequent urination! :look: One of the supplements actually decreased my frequent urination. Which one I don't know since I take so many.

Enchantmt said:
I have problems taking vitamins at night, especially B-vitamins. I get so much energy that I cant sleep. I may try doing the msm at night when I resume taking it tho. Thanks for the info!

Same for me. I was taking my vitamins at night on the philosophy that it would work best while my body is resting and repairing during sleep....the only thing, is I couldn't get to sleep. This went on for a long time before I realized it was the vitamins giving me insomnia! I take them at breakfast or no later than lunch know with no problems.

Candy_C said:
For me, the best time to take my vitamins is in the evening before i go to bed. Reason being, as you may or may not know, your body does all of its work (repairing, growing etc) whilst you sleep. For all the time i've been taking hair vitamins (a year plus) i've never had such quick results as now, i believe its because i've started taking them b4 bedtime (about 4 weeks now)... Biotin ( i take this ) is a water soluable vitamin, and requires water to utilize to its best ability. i've noticed when i drink about half a pint of water before bed, and go to the toilet, that bright yellow urine that biotin gives is not as evident, or during the night i only use the toilet once, as opposed to 3 or 4 times during the day - washing out all my biotin! since taking my vits at night i have experienced that "follicular action - bristling" someone on board was speaking about a while back plus nearly a inch worth of growth in 4 weeks. i really think its not just about the vits you take, its WHEN!

What about you guys?

When do u take ur vits?

If you take yours in the night have you noticed any differences??

:)

p.s - make sure you have eaten something before you take your vitamins!! otherwise u could get stomach irritation! if your like my friends and would never eat b4 bed (cos of the gaining weight theory) take them in the evening with your evening snack!
You know Candy C you may be on to something..I started my vits regimen about 4 weeks post and I've been taking my them in the evening due to pure convenience..I never have enough time to take them during the day and would always forget..Well, I've so much new growth in a short period time but was skeptical of the growth from the vits so soon because I always heard it took a few months to see growth results from the vits..So now I'm thinking the growth is from the vits and the time I take them..thanks for the info

Serenity_Peace said:
Bumping for Candy_C...

Candy, can you tell us which multi you use? I'm almost out of my GNC Ultramega and need another multi.

Thanks for this information, again! ;)

Hey, i take Super Multi, from Holland And Barrets...(GNC owned)i think the ingredients are on page 1 of the thread :)

Yea, its called the collagen phase (im pretty sure its called that anyway) In the first 15 minutes of sleep yourbody starts repairing itself rapidly. I take my b50, biotin, final viviscal tablet and last 2 aminos from my h37 at night, however i do not take all my vitamins at night due to the fact that your body WILL NOT use all them vitamins at any time of the day or night, it will flush them out, hence a waste of time and money. So i still break mine up, morning, evening and night and aim on drinking loads of water and i got that scaslp action going on...my low cut is growing out nicely...

Crissi said:
Yea, its called the collagen phase (im pretty sure its called that anyway) In the first 15 minutes of sleep yourbody starts repairing itself rapidly. I take my b50, biotin, final viviscal tablet and last 2 aminos from my h37 at night, however i do not take all my vitamins at night due to the fact that your body WILL NOT use all them vitamins at any time of the day or night, it will flush them out, hence a waste of time and money. So i still break mine up, morning, evening and night and aim on drinking loads of water and i got that scaslp action going on...my low cut is growing out nicely...

it is, and the texture looks like its going to be lovely and shiney

Candy_C said:
uit is, and the texture looks like its going to be lovely and shiney

:cool: :D :grin: why thank u, it feels good to get a compliment from ladies with such beautiful hair...

yeahh nighttime always seems to work best for me... mainly cus i forget about my vits till the last minute hehe. but it is true i have noticed better results this way too.

x

naturaline said:
yeahh nighttime always seems to work best for me... mainly cus i forget about my vits till the last minute hehe. but it is true i have noticed better results this way too.

x

YOUR SIG PIC IS SO CUTE lol

Back