Garlic.... WARNING!!

Qetesh

Hi guys,

I know I don't post often but i thought i ought to give my own personal experience on this. I felt like my hair was shedding excessive and as some of you might know I hate my hairline and have always wanted to thicken up my temples. I read soooo many good things about garlic, its a natural antibody it of course decreases shedding, and even that it can rid your body of any excess yeast. So i was revved up and got myself 1000 MG gel caps. So I proceeded to take 1 every night before bed. by day 2 i noticed i had horrible headaches in the morning, and i generally felt light headed and dizzyall day... I didnt put two and two together because i figured with a natrually occuring substance like garlic it didnt relate... anyway by day 4 i noticed if i touched myself too hard i would bruise that easily!!! i was getting worried now plus my head was still feeling funny... thats when i decieded to really think about what i had changed... and i found out GARLIC IS A BLOOD THINNER!!!..:nono: for some reason i didnt get this info originally, and with my type O semi acidic thin blood, it was making it dangerously so.... luckily i didnt have a bloody nose or anything, but once i stopped taking the garlic i stopped bruising as easily and my headaches have gone away...

just a warning to ladies taking large amounts of garlic to help with shedding.....i think the 1000 was too much for my small frame to handle.. i dont disagree that garlic has advantages, if i could 1/2 the gel caps i would.. just a warning to watch your intake and be mindful of side effects.

Thanks for the heads up!...I take garlic gels cups but I dont think they are as high as yours but I will have to check when I get home.

no problem. I read so much about garlic but its not always put out there that its a blood thinner, either way i just want to make sure everyone knows this before taking the pills. I have to be more careful about what I take because I know I absorb easily and am very sensitive to meds. which is why when starting a new one its always good to only try one at a time even with herbs etc.

Thanks for the warning, I just take a couple of cloves of garlic before bed and it helps me sleep better. :look: But then I jump in the shower and exfoliate in the morning because I do not want to walk around smelling like garlic all day.

That sounds so scary! Thank goodness you're okay! Thanks for sharing because I didn't know garlic was a blood thinner

Okay I don't want to scare anyone. But I just looked something up and look what some lady tells about her story with Garlic. :/

Garlic is indeed blood thinner-trust me
Once upon a time back in my younger days,while on a L/C diet, I decided to experiment and see if garlic was really a blood thinner by eating several raw cloves and several cloves sauteed with a supper meal. When I awoke the next morning and looked in the mirror the whites of both eyes were a deep blood red. Frightened,I immediately rushed to an optometrist to see if I had gone too far and damaged my eyes. After explaining what I had done,I was advised by the doctor that the blood would gradually drain out of the eyes in a few days and that the normal white color would return and that did in fact happen. I still use garlic both raw and cooked but now am very attentive to limit the amount.

so yeah my gorgeous lhcf gals..be careful.:sad:

MSM is a blood thinner too. So if you're taking MSM, Garlic and baby aspirin daily as Dr Oz recommends, be careful.

MSM is a blood thinner too. So if you're taking MSM, Garlic and baby aspirin daily as Dr Oz recommends, be careful.

MSM is a very mild blood thinner and even that's debatable. Some Dr's say it has no blood thinning effects at all. So I agree with the above that to be careful with Dr Oz combination but taking MSM alone won't really do anything.

Hi guys,

I know I don't post often but i thought i ought to give my own personal experience on this. I felt like my hair was shedding excessive and as some of you might know I hate my hairline and have always wanted to thicken up my temples. I read soooo many good things about garlic, its a natural antibody it of course decreases shedding, and even that it can rid your body of any excess yeast. So i was revved up and got myself 1000 MG gel caps. So I proceeded to take 1 every night before bed. by day 2 i noticed i had horrible headaches in the morning, and i generally felt light headed and dizzyall day... I didnt put two and two together because i figured with a natrually occuring substance like garlic it didnt relate... anyway by day 4 i noticed if i touched myself too hard i would bruise that easily!!! i was getting worried now plus my head was still feeling funny... thats when i decieded to really think about what i had changed... and i found out GARLIC IS A BLOOD THINNER!!!..:nono: for some reason i didnt get this info originally, and with my type O semi acidic thin blood, it was making it dangerously so.... luckily i didnt have a bloody nose or anything, but once i stopped taking the garlic i stopped bruising as easily and my headaches have gone away...

just a warning to ladies taking large amounts of garlic to help with shedding.....i think the 1000 was too much for my small frame to handle.. i dont disagree that garlic has advantages, if i could 1/2 the gel caps i would.. just a warning to watch your intake and be mindful of side effects.
Thanks Qetesh. I only take one 400mg capsule a day, thankfully, so no problems here.

thanks girls.

i am sure some people can manage 1000 MG and i am not saying garlic is bad for you. I actually feel it did benefit me in some ways.... BUT i was taking too much for me, and it was an honest mistake because it was easily available online and it really did mess with me. I really did not think something so easily available would cause me to have such strong symptoms, so it scared me a bit. either way my suggestion is if you weigh less then 110 and are taking 1000 MG a day its probably too much, but hey then again different people have different tolerances.

Back