Full Sew in Weaves Question

MzLady78

Hey ladies,

I'm thinking about getting sew in, but I don't want any of my real hair out. I'm natural and it's too humid here to be trying to blend anything. :look:

Anyone have an suggestions or know where I can find some nice pics?

TIA!

Instead of trying to make your own closure, a pre-made one can really be useful. That way you have a nice, polished appearance at the front of your hair, without having to try to blend natural hair in with the weave.

Beverly Johnson has a closure that comes with bangs attached, $25 from gmbshair.com that worked well for me.

Check the weave section on BHM; they have some tutorials on how to make a closure look natural, and good advice on which closures work well with different weave hair.

Thanks ladies, but I'm not talented enough to do my own weave, I can't even cornrow. :look:

I'm probably gonna go to the place that does my braids.

Depending on the style experienced weavers can do a it with the wefted hair and it look pretty good. Otherwise, purchase a closure that matches the hair you have and make sure the stylists knows how to work with them. Essence has a pretty good hair photo gallery on their website or you can google maybe hair salons that have galleries. I usually look at the mags while im at the grocery store :lachen:

cosign with the above; i HAVE to get a weave by reniece before graduation!!!

i hear what you are saying about doing your own; i learned to do kinky twists from fotki and BHM but i dont trust my cornrows enough to do a weave yet, lol. even though you cant do your own i would still say check out the BHM weave section, and you can at least get recommendations on what kind of hair to purchase, weave maintenance and upkeep, pictures of the style you want, and maybe even a few tips to pass on to your stylist. trust me, you dont want just anyone to do your weave...i went with price over quality and my last weave took me from SL to ear length. do your research first, thats the best advice i can give you.

I concur with the suggestions that you check out BHM's weave board. Those ladies are experts. They can help guide you to the right hair and help you understand the whole process so that you are a more informed consumer when you go to your stylist.

I sent my stylist a link to a closure tutorial from BHM and printed out the instructions and took them with me to my appointment. She had never done a closure and I didn't want to walk out of there looking like I had a toupee perched on my head.

Back