Full head baggy method users....

Do you put a scarf/bonnet over your baggie at night?

• Yes, I cover my baggie at night

Votes: 154 85.1%
  • No, I just sleep in the plastic cap/baggie alone

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • There is no real difference, either way is fine

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
I cover it so I don't have to hear the noise, but I figure its a double whammy because it traps heat as well

So if I run out of Plastic Caps that mean I can use them Plastic grocery bags?
Anybody use them until they get plastic caps? LOL!! I am stocking up on Plastic Caps this weekend LOL!!!!

Girl, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. I have even used Saran wrap. Actually, for DCing, I found using plastic bags easier because I hate having to wash the cap right after a short moment's use, since I use them mostly for night baggying and. for that, I use no products so they stay clean and can be used more than once. So I use a plastic bag for heat DCing or just no heat DCing then toss it away. And yes, I've used the bags for regular night sleeping when I didn't have plastic caps; and Saran wrap worked really well when you had a cornrowed style you wanted to keep looking neat. :yep:

do u cover your plastic cap/bag with a satin scarf or bonnet? I am trying the full head baggie method for the first time tonight but I don't want to overdo it by putting a bonnet over the plastic bag. Should I just sleep in the plastic cap alone?

I put the plastic cap on w/o covering my ears and then put my satin bonnet on (covering my ears).

My first couple of nights of baggying, I just wore the bag alone. SO ANNOYING! Between the crackling and sliding and leaking, I wasn't getting any rest. Then it just dawned on me to put on my scarf too and that made sleeping so much easier (and more aesthetically pleasing).

:poke: Saran wrap doesn't make noise because it's firmly against your head like a scarf. It can also keep a cornrow style looking neat for days. :look: And there are no knots to tie, and if you do it right, it doesn't even mark your forehead. ;)

And I thought that it must be just me who hated the noise! I thought the expert baggie users on LHCF must be silent. :lachen:

I don't baggie every night. It depends on what style I'm planning to wear the next day. I mostly baggie when I'm wet bunning and I always wear a scarf. I've been using a cheap shower cap but I use saran wrap if I am just bagging the bun. It all depends on what my hair needs.

Oh, and I always were a satin or silk cap on top. My DH already thinks I've gone hair crazy, but the satin cap is less unromantic!

I've only been bagging for about 2 months but I love it!:grin:

Ive been using a plastic highlight cap.. that fits neat to the head and ties in a lil bow at the bottom. I discovered it while cleaning out my bathroom drawer and was about to throw it out... so happy i didnt. It fits snug like a lil swimcap w/ strings at the back ..

Bless,
N. Rebels

ladies can i ask when you baggy and you wake up and your hair is wet does that mean you need to wash your hair afterwards? or do you seal or just let i dry ???

ladies can i ask when you baggy and you wake up and your hair is wet does that mean you need to wash your hair afterwards? or do you seal or just let i dry ???

I don't wash unless it's wash day. And I don't seal. I just style and go.

i voted to utilize a satin scarf; because like others have mentioned, it prevents the cap from coming off. but sometimes my head be getting hot at night lol.

I actually don't baggy- it's more like an overnight DC. I slather my whole head with conditioner and oil, put on a plastic bag, then wrap with a satin scarf. I sleep way too wild to not reinforce the baggy :)

When I baggy, whether at night or during the day under my wigs, I would put on the baggy, then a wig cap, then either my satin bonnet or wig. Now the reason why I sleep with the stocking cap on over the baggy is because I can't stand to hear the 'crunching' sound when I turn over at night. The stocking cap keeps the baggy really still and minimizes the crunching sound of the baggy while I sleep:yep:.

I've been trying to figure out how to keep my hair from being too damp/wet by morning. Didn't realize that removing excess air from plastic bag or poking holes in bag reduced the wetness of the hair. Any other suggestions to keep hair from being too damp? I like baggying but hate my hair being continously wet....I sweat a lot naturally and the baggy just makes it even worse. Thx!

I use a wrap I brought from Design Essentials (pHusion Hair Wrap) over my baggie. Then I just but a bonnet over it all. Nothing is moving out of place with that hair wrap. Everything is nice and snug...

I use seran wrap first, then ontop I put a plastic cap. The rubber of the plastic cap works to hold the seran wrap down, so it doesn;t slide off my head while I sleep. I discovered this simply by accident, but it works. It's important that the elastic from the cap maintains contact with the seran wrapped parts of the baggy.

Aggie, ever used Saran wrap? Lies completely flat against your head so no rustling while you sleep. :up:

asakeba, if you tie the saran wrap down on your forehead, it will stay on through the night. I find the plastic elastic has nothing on Saran wrap. A cap will slip more easily than Saran wrap for me coz I make sure that Saran wrap is saddled in for the entire ride:
SaranWrap-vi.jpg

divachyk, using no product means hair that isn't wet ever. It's damp but never wet. I know this isn't something most people can do but other than that, maybe use a cap whose elastic is worn a bit (like a cap that's gone through the wash) so that it's not so tight. That way there's some room for air to escape so you're not really suffocating your head.

@Nonie, thanks for responding but I figured this one out. :grin: I rarely whole head baggy these days but when I do, I apply minimal product and poke holes in the baggy and my hair is not damp or wet by morning. I typically whole head baggy in the afternoons should I feel inclined. I will apply minimal product and baggy for a few hours. That works just as good. I find that my hair prefers some product vs. no product. The key (for me) is to not be heavy handed with product since the baggy magnifies the product applied.

@Aggie, ever used Saran wrap? Lies completely flat against your head so no rustling while you sleep. :up:

@asakeba, if you tie the saran wrap down on your forehead, it will stay on through the night. I find the plastic elastic has nothing on Saran wrap. A cap will slip more easily than Saran wrap for me coz I make sure that Saran wrap is saddled in for the entire ride:
SaranWrap-vi.jpg

@divachyk, using no product means hair that isn't wet ever. It's damp but never wet. I know this isn't something most people can do but other than that, maybe use a cap whose elastic is worn a bit (like a cap that's gone through the wash) so that it's not so tight. That way there's some room for air to escape so you're not really suffocating your head.

Thanks Nonie, sounds like a plan.

Back