Full head baggy method users....

Do you put a scarf/bonnet over your baggie at night?

• Yes, I cover my baggie at night

Votes: 154 85.1%
  • No, I just sleep in the plastic cap/baggie alone

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • There is no real difference, either way is fine

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters

MissFallon

do u cover your plastic cap/bag with a satin scarf or bonnet? I am trying the full head baggie method for the first time tonight but I don't want to overdo it by putting a bonnet over the plastic bag. Should I just sleep in the plastic cap alone?

I use a scarf over the baggy so that it doesnt slid off while i sleep...It also helps to press the air out of the baggy so ur hair doesnt end up soaking wet , putting The scarf on over top keeps the baggy nice and flat and keeps the air out for me to ...HTH

I voted that I cover the cap. I use either a satin bonnet or a silk scarf. This seems to create (or lock in) more heat to be trapped by the baggy, which aids in the absorption of moisture. Also, it seems to muffle the crinkling sound of the bag against my pillow. I hate that sound :lol:!

when i used to do it, i would baggie with a scarf over it. That made it easy to be lazy and not do anything to my hair in themorning...

Yeah, I agree with the other ladies. Plus, I doubt that you wanna hear that crunching noise when you toss and turn during the nite.

I also have a question since were on this subject, how are you ladies styling the hair while under the baggy? Do you wear a loose ponytail or wear it out?

Thanks, Ciara

Sincerely_Ciara said:
I also have a question since were on this subject, how are you ladies styling the hair while under the baggy? Do you wear a loose ponytail or wear it out?

Thanks, Ciara

Sometimes it's in a bun, other times it's pinned up to my head. I've also done a crosswrap and then put it in a bun in the morning.

Some nights I use a bonnet, other nights I tie it down with a scarf. Either way I end up with the top of my head wet, I guess that's where I sweat the most during the night.

Oh, and I do the cross wrap.

MissMadaam said:
I use a scarf over the baggy so that it doesnt slid off while i sleep...It also helps to press the air out of the baggy so ur hair doesnt end up soaking wet , putting The scarf on over top keeps the baggy nice and flat and keeps the air out for me to ...HTH

What she said, verbatim! :D

I first bun, twist, or crosswrap my hair, and tie it down with a scarf. Then, I cover with the plastic cap, and squeeze all of the air out. Next, I cover it with my drawstring satin bonnet or a large satin scarf. This method seems to work well for me, without getting my hair too wet.

I use this so i don't drip all over the place:
hairrobe_l.jpg

I've tried it two different ways.

Sometimes I baggy with a scarf tied down over it (air pressed out). Other times I tie my hair down with a satin scarf then put on the baggy and then put another satin scarf over that. Its funny though because my hair seems to revert or get super wavy even though its tied down. I don't mind though because its in a bun everyday anyway. It didn't do that the first few times I tried the method but the weather is getting warmer now so maybe my head is producing more heat at night.

I voted either way is fine. I wake up in the same position that I fall asleep, so the bag coming off is not an issue for me. :)

I cover with a cotton toque or a scarf. I do mine over loose hair in a white kitchen catcher garbage bag or over cornrows. doing it over loose hair makes sure every inch and all of my scalp gets the maximum moisture. I do not care about my hair getting wet or shrinking. I sort that out later. bonjour

aurora3140 said:
I voted that I cover the cap. I use either a satin bonnet or a silk scarf. This seems to create (or lock in) more heat to be trapped by the baggy, which aids in the absorption of moisture. Also, it seems to muffle the crinkling sound of the bag against my pillow. I hate that sound :lol:!

I voted for cover the cap as well less noise:D

I double baggie (using those ubiquitous plastic bags from every store). I then put a bonnet on top. When I decide I don't want to fool with my hair for a few days, I then put a stocking cap over top the two baggies and wear a wig or scarf.

It feels more comfortable to me to have it covered.
I am not sure because I haven't tried it, but I was thinking that once the baggie got warm from body heat that it would not feel too comfortable and would probally wake me up.

First I add my moisturizers and then my oils I add the plastic cap tie with a bandana and cover with my satin sleeping cap I do this every night I really help with my hair I don't no who created this thing but they are a genious:)

guesswho said:
First I add my moisturizers and then my oils I add the plastic cap tie with a bandana and cover with my satin sleeping cap I do this every night I really help with my hair I don't no who created this thing but they are a genious:)

:yep: This is what I do except I use my scarf alone after I spray my plastic cap with Scurl.

I always sleep with a bonnet over top, for the purpose of keeping the bag on and not hearing the noise. THe noise is to weird. Not something you expect to hear while your in the bed........ Sometimes I tie a scarf around the bonnet if I have to go outside to get the paper or something outside around the house.

I first use mango butter or cantu shea butter on my ends and BT at the scalp (every other night), then seal with solid coconut oil or mix of solid coconut oil and olive oil (from whole foods) throughout hair. I then put a shower cap (got 20 for $2.50 at BSS), my silk scarf on and tie my head.

I can't wear satin caps because I move around A LOT at night (my BF wakes up with bruises thats how bad!:lol:) and by the time I wake up that thing is off my head!!! I always sleep with a satin pillowcase but that doesn't stop from your hair being messed up.:lachen:

So if I run out of Plastic Caps that mean I can use them Plastic grocery bags?
Anybody use them until they get plastic caps? LOL!! I am stocking up on Plastic Caps this weekend LOL!!!!

Back