Frizzy ends or split ends?

CoffeeBean

Hello:hide:...newbie out of lurkdom. Anyhoo, about 2 weeks ago when the weather was REALLY humid, the back of my hair began to frizz. I didn't know what to do with it. I asked a stylist friend of mine and he teased me and said I had split ends. So...I went home and started dusting, even though I saw no splits. When the hair continued to frizz I saught professional attention (why did I do that?). I don't have a personal stylist because I don't trust people with my hair after many bad experiences. This lady told me that I needed to stop doing my own relaxers b/c that was causing the problem. I've been doing my own for 15 years now. She also stated that I needed heat:huh:...and tried to sell me this little a$# bottle of serum drops for $28.00.

Long story short. I let her trim then did some internet research on the frizzies. I now put Loreal heat protectant on before my rollerset and apply a few drops of castor oil on the ends after moisturizing. That has made all the difference in the world. I have always babied my ends morning and night so I couldn't figure out why in the world would I have splits. Before a trim try some castor oil on those ends if you are unsure...it may save you an inch. Just my :twocents:.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!:grin: I have frizzy ends also but I attribute to the fact that I don't use heat. As long as they are not split, its fine with me. Where do you purchase castor oil from?

I purchased mine from MOM's (My Organic Market). I had rerservations about buying it b/c I have enough oils and stuff but...it's one of the best staples I now own. You will love it.

Do you use heat regularly/daily? Back when I use to curl my hair everyday, my ends got that frizzy feel too. That was pre ceramic/ionic/tourmaline/etc. however. I just stopped using the curling iron and eventually the frizz went away.

If you must use heat, get the higher end equipment and use a heat protectant.

HTH! :yep:

Thanks for the info. I have been meaning to reintroduce castor oil back into my regimen. I will pick up the Loreal heat protectant as well, 'cause Atlanta has been experiencing a record-breaking summer.

'cause Atlanta has been experiencing a record-breaking summer.
You are so lucky!!! It is freezing in Paris. :freezing:
I have a cold now, had strep throat in July, and frizz-free hair throughout. LOL

ETA: Pardon my manners. Welcome to the board, CoffeeBean. Enjoy the weather where you are and the frizz. :yep:

Last edited:
Air drying can make you look like you have really frizzy ends sometimes. I haven't had split ends for about a year (thankfully. No heat usually and only air drying unless I go to the salon for a touch up.) I treated myself and blow dried my hair today with chi silk infusion and serum with a bit of coconut oil. It's shiny and soft. I'll let you know how it looks when I take out the rollers. :yawn:

Nope...no heat except w/ rollerset. The stylist said something about the heat from the ceramic flat iron or curling iron locking in moisture. I don't know about that theory (help a sister out) but I'm happy now, NO MORE FRIZZ!

Back