Friend's mother made me some hair oil

Y'all gon make me read through this whole thread twice to find no progress...lucky I'm at the salon. Lmbo

Y'all are so serious about this oil :lol: I ain't mad though, I want some now :look:

But seriously though....If you really want to know what is in it, you can send it to an independent chemistry lab. You can find one in a phone book or you can solicit recommendations from a local university. You probably want to talk to some one who specializes in organic chemistry. There will probably be a fee. It will take a variety of tests and distillation methods to find exactly what is in there.

Can your Mom call her friend and find out what's in the oil?

That's the thing- her friend doesn't know, she just uses it. In fact, people there don't know whats in it either, because the people who make it don't disclose the information about the ingredients. It just comes in a clear bottle (see previous post) The people who use it, the distributor's, the women who bring it from Sudan to Egypt, don't know. This is how the Sudanese women making this stuff, make their money. And come to think of it, I would feel very guilty stealing away their recipe.

That's the thing- her friend doesn't know, she just uses it. In fact, people there don't know whats in it either, because the people who make it don't disclose the information about the ingredients. It just comes in a clear bottle (see previous post) The people who use it, the distributor's, the women who bring it from Sudan to Egypt, don't know. This is how the Sudanese women making this stuff, make their money. And come to think of it, I would feel very guilty stealing away their recipe.

I can understand that. Maybe you could try to see what avenues you can use to generate some revenue here by selling it.

HERBAL OILS

2. Hair Tonic
An effective combination specially created to prevent hair loss. It stops dandruff , premature graying of hair and dryness. It controls hair loss by strengthening hair shafts bringing life and vibrance to damaged hair. Contains Neem Oil , Olive Oil, Almond Oil , Henna, Ratanjot, Bhingraj , Lemon oil, Khus and Jatamasi.

3. Navras Hair Oil
A unique formula which keeps head cool , relieves headache , is an effective memory aid and helpful in sound sleep. Combines the goodness of nine of the richest Indian herbs mentioned in “ Ayurveda “. Ayurveda literally means the science of life. It is the natural system of healing developed in ancient times by the great sages who developed Indias original systems of meditation and Yoga.
Contains : Ashwagandha, Amla, kapur kachri, Brahmi , Camphor , Pudina ka Phool ( menthol) , Ratanjot , Jatamasi , Bhingraj.

Ashwagandha: It is considered as "Medhya" which implies to its beneficial effects to the brain. Detail investigations, both clinical and experimental, observed that Ashwagandha acts as an antistress and adaptogenic herb. Regular use of Ashwagandha improves stress tolerance, thereby enhancing the mental capabilities. It is also known to improve the quality of immune functions .By virtue of these uses it is often referred to as "Indian Ginseng".
Amla: Rich in vitamin C , an antioxidant which prevents premature graying of hair.
Kapur Kachri: Promotes hair growth. It opens up the senses and brings clarity to the mind.
Brahmi: It is highly acclaimed for its "Medhya Rasayana" properties. Such property renders it to be an effective herb to enhance memory and learning.
Camphor: Gives cooling effect.
Menthol: Removes headache
Ratanjot: Strengthens hair roots. It has antithelmitic and anti-microbial properties.
Jatamasi: Strengthens hair roots , prevents hair loss, maintains hair color while cooling and relaxing the brain.
Bhringraj: Promotes hair growth, improves blackening of hair, relieves headache

To use Hair Oils: Take some oil in hand and apply on scalp. Massage for 5-10 minutes with fingers so that oil is absorbed by the scalp. Take a hot towel at 50 Degree Celsius and put it on head for 5-10 minutes. Shampoo after 2 hours of application.

Aww, I understand. But don't feel guilty. We would buy it from those ladies if we could. But we can't. So its not like we are cheating them out of something.
I searched online to see if it could be found on one of those "Fair Trade" type websites, but I found nothing.

I've been googling all sorts of stuff in an attempt to find out about this oil. This thread has led to me learn a lot about that part of Africa and its women. So, oil or no oil I am better off for having subscribed.

OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....tell me...did the original poster disappear from this thread and just leave me to haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnng?.......

well....I'll be bokkkkkkkk!!!!!!......................

Interesting :scratchch :scratchch :scratchch

I purchased this oil awhile back and it stinks pretty bad if you ask me:barf:. Its green, it is an all natural oil based in coconut oil and mixed with indian herbs...and leaves:yep:

31K0A55VN1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ayurvedic Brahmi Oil has been traditionally used as a stimulant for the hair. According to Ayurveda, Brahmi Oil can be used to maintain a healthy scalp and form a natural preventative against dandruff and flaking. Brahmi Oil contains only the finest mixture of pure coconut oil and many carefully selected Ayurvedic herbs, including the use of fresh Brahmi leaves.

Jar contains 5.5 oz.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, fresh Hydrocotyle asiatica leaves, Rubia cortifolia, Sida cordifolia, Terminalia chebula, saffron.

Back