Friend's mother made me some hair oil

Eisani

Last weekend, my friend's mother and I were having tea and talking when she complimented my hair and asked why I wear buns all the time. I told her I was trying to grow my hair out and buns help me leave it alone. I told her about my ayurveda powders and other stuff I was doing like cowashing and she smacked her lips and said "If you want your hair to grow I will give you something, but I have to make it." My friend's family is from Northern Sudan and his mother is Nubian and her hair is classic length, black, shiny and simply gorgeous! I told my friend what she said and he was like "Oh yea, it's an oil she and all of the women in my family use. It'll definitely make your hair grow but WHEW-the smell is just...I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it!" I'm thinking uh-oh :look:. She wouldn't tell me what she put in the oil, said it was a Nubian thing and winked at me. I just got a text from him saying his mom said I can come out and pick it up this week. I'm beyond curious but worried at the same time about the smell. I'll keep you ladies posted... hopefully I'll be able to smell it and guess what's in it, or he can find out for me!

Yeah, i don't know about that one. I would be a bit worried about what's in it. How does her hair look? My aunt is like that, always mixing things. Sometimes she mixes different oils with a dollar brand grease, etc. Sometimes she would cook it, lol. I won't doubt it if it's something probably mix with sulfur. Just try to figure what's in it first. Good luck.

My nose will be right on it when I get it in my hot little hand. My friend's mom, aunt, and sisters all have beautiful hair. I was thinking sulfur was probably in the mix too...I'm going to see if one of his sisters knows. I can't be funky by the head, I don't care how well it works...I don't know why I instantly thought MTG when he said it smelled bad.

My mom used to put Glover's Mange in her hair years ago....it stunk to HIGH HEAVEN..maybe that's what the "secret" is...........

Well since she won't tell you what's in it, I'd do a patch test on the inside of my arm first. If that worked out, then a patch test on my head.

Either way, I hope it works out for ya!

The stinky stuff works, though. Maybe you can use it at night and co wash it out in the morning. If all the family has gorgeous hair, it works.

^^ I just have a feeling it's something along those lines... it's not like living in the middle of farm land you'll be able to unearth some rare indigenous root planted by Moses after they crossed the Red Sea. Being a lil extra with it, but you know what I mean!

^^ I just have a feeling it's something along those lines... it's not like living in the middle of farm land you'll be able to unearth some rare indigenous root planted by Moses after they crossed the Red Sea. Being a lil extra with it, but you know what I mean!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: *DEEP INHALE* :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Souds interesting for sure, it's nice of her to share her secrets with you like that. But i guess we will see when you report back to us.

Thank you ;) I just thought it was sweet of her to want to share although I will err on the side of caution until I find out what's in it. I just like seeing and learning new things.

I understand that, ain't nothing wrong with that, I am glad she is happy to share with you because most women won't share their secret:grin: Especially a Family Hair Secret.

Well, here's a nubian poduct for the scalp and roots......the ingredients are listed.....maybe some of these are consistant with what will be in yours....

Natures Blessings Hair Pomade

P_231_57970.jpg

Brand Name: House of Nubian Inc.
Item#/SKU: 849
Hair Pomade
Conditioner-Restorer-Root builder
Ingredients: Nettle,Rosemary,Sage,Peppermint, Thyme, Alfalfa, Pure Virgin Olive Oil, Pure Coconut Oil, Sage Oil, Rosemary Oil, Bergamont Oil, Chlorophyll (from nettle and spinach), Pure Mineral Jelly, Natural Fragrance and Good Intention.
This product is also excellent for dry skin and chapped lips
Net wt 4.0 oz
Quantity Pricing now available

LOL, this is one of the testimonies from the Nubian hairs oil sites I visited:

God Bless Nubian Silk
I have been using Nubian Silk and my hair has never looked so good and felt so right !!! I love this Oil and Sheen, I use both of them every single day. I have seen my hair grow more than 5 inches within two months, not to mention my hair texture has never been better. I found my product, and would highly recommend it to anyone!Tameka Wilson Oakland, California 10/06

Girrrrrrl, 5in. in 2months!!!! :lachen:This CAN'T be real, like I said, keep us posted.

Eisani, giiiiirl, if you get 5 inches in two months, Imma break into your house and steal that bottle!!! :lol:

Or perhaps an old recipe like this:

Nubian Heritage lightweight Hair and Scalp Oil instantly nourishes and re-hydrates hair with African Shea Butter, essential vitamins and hair strengthening proteins.

This old-fashioned Raw Shea Butter recipe blends African Shea Butter with Sweet Almond, Silk and Soy proteins to deliver lasting moisture directly to your hair and scalp, improving hair's cellular strcuture and promoting new growth.

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Elixir is ideal for the daily maintenance of locs and braided styles, as well as treated and damaged hair.

2oz

Ingredients:

African Shea Butter
Jojoba Oil
Olive Oil
Safflower OIl
Silk Protein
Sweet Almond Protein
Hydrolized Keratin
Essential Oil Blend
Soy Milk
Extracts of Frankinense and Myrrh