Fotki album update

albane

I have updated the Fotki album with a few pics showing a rollerset with the "french" mesh rollers which were discussed again recently and also my rollerset with the Phat Boys rollers. After a long training and with a little help from a friend, I have been able finally to keep these huge rollers in place with long pins. It is also required to strongly fix the hairnet.
The result is a shorter than expected drying time in the open air. Despite hair which is currently at the bottom of my back, I dry within 4 hours. The look is gigantic, but no pain under the dryer.
As for the end result, the hair is initially straight, but very smooth: very quickly you get a lot of movement. My husband loves the result and I am more than happy to get it that way. I am not sure I would have been brave enough to sustain the 2+ hours under the dryer that I had been accustomed when I was younger with hair down at the waist.

WOW girl! You are my idol! I was complaining about being under the dryer with the grey roller for two hours. I shall now shut up, lol. Do you have pics of ur hair after the rollerset?

You are awesome at rollersetting the hair. Damn, if I set my hair the way you did, the rollers would be all over the floor!! Your hair is beautiful.

Albane, your hair looks gorgeous! I really like the results of your rollersets. You've inspired me to start rollersetting, I guess I'll just have to practice till I get it right.

Albane, where have your been? I've been looking for your updates. I credit you as the one that introduced me to mesh rollers, but I still don't know how to use them. :lol:

Thanks for the updates. I used the phat boy rollers before, but they didn't come out well. I'll have to try them again.

Kitchen tician

I have been away from Paris for several months and currently still is, visiting Magdagascar which is my country of birth. I had also trouble with the computer link here and there
Sorry for that and glad to be here again.
Nice to hear from someone having used the Phat Boys, it does seem very common ! Do you know from where (which country) they come from I was guessing some carribean island.

Glad yoou are back Albane, tried sending you a pm but it didn't work. Glad everthing is ok.

Post some pictures with the straighter look you talked about, please.

Back