• I just go for what looks good on me!

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
…half-wigs, weaves, phony ponies, or other hairpieces for protective styling:

Generally, do you try to match you true hair length, color, and/or texture?

Or maybe just one of two of these things?

Or, do you just go for whatever looks good on you? ;)

I'm really curious about this! :yep:

Please take the poll and select all the choices that apply to you. Thanks!!! :D

Edit: If you don't match your length, do you go shorter or longer?

Oh, and don't mind the typos in the poll! I'm working off of two hours of sleep here. :grin:

Last edited:
I am natural.

When wearing half wig - I try to match texture and length (so I wear my curly twist out wig for that).

When wearing a full wig - I go for whatever looks good on me. This is when I go for a new color or highlights, and more lenghth.

I have even change wigs in the middle of the week:look:. LOL folks be all confused:grin:.

If I wear a phony pony I try to match my hair as much as possible.

If I wear a full wig I experiment with highlighted and chunk streaked wigs. Whatever style looks good!:yep:

I've never worn a full wig but for half wigs I try to match my hair color and texture. When my hair was relaxed, I wore straight textured half wigs, now that I am natural, I wear curly textured wigs with a bit of kink.

At night I usually braid or twist the hair that will be exposed when wearing my half wig. In the morning I just unbraid the front, moisturize, seal and put on the half wig and finger blend my hair. The match is pretty good.

color and texture...I always wore my half wigs longer. I guess I figured it was fooling anybody so why not wear it the legth I wanted.

…half-wigs, weaves, phony ponies, or other hairpieces for protective styling:

Generally, do you try to match you true hair length, color, and/or texture?

Or maybe just one of two of these things?

Or, do you just go for whatever looks good on you? ;)

I'm really curious about this! :yep:

Please take the poll and select all the choices that apply to you. Thanks!!! :D

Oh, and don't mind the typos in the poll! I'm working off of two hours of sleep here. :grin:

I wear a wig that is the same color and texture as my own hair but it has a bang. It is a little longer than my real hair by two-three inches.

I just bought a wig tonight! :grin: I matched the color and texture. I like a course texture because it suits me better.

I usually just go with looks good...

i wear full wigs....i go with what looks good and usually i go with my own hair color or it will have streaks in it....as far as hair length i dont go over the top with it...know longer than shoulder and maybe a couple inches lower but thats it...

if its phony ponies...then i try to get one that matches my hair color, but
i rarely wear those...

For half wigs, I match my hair color and texture. For full wigs, I admit I still stay within my hair color .. I will go a bit longer on the lenght.

For half wigs...I just match color. I've never been able to get the texture to match exactly and if it's too unbelieveably long, I just cut it.

I try to match color, texture and length. I didn't want people to immediately assume I was wearing something else. When I wear my half-wigs, my friends just think I did a rollerset.

I don't know what a half wig is but how does it adhere to your head and if it has small combs or glue...doesn't it tear your hair?

Can someone explain. I saw some wigs at a place recently and I was tempted. I think my SO would look at me crazy though...:lachen:

I don't know what a half wig is but how does it adhere to your head and if it has small combs or glue...doesn't it tear your hair?

Can someone explain. I saw some wigs at a place recently and I was tempted. I think my SO would look at me crazy though...:lachen:

There is a comb attachment at the back and one at the front, I did the jump test and it stayed secure. Some of your hair is left out at the front to blend in with the wig. I have a pic here http://public.fotki.com/special83/protective-styles/halfwigside.html

I've never had a problem with it tearing out my hair. :D I'm very gentle when I remove the combs, especially the front one. I also wear my hair braided up underneath and don't even try to blend the front. :nono: I slick the front back and just wear a headband to cover the exposed wig line. It's the easiest protective hair style I've tried! No manipulation at all.

Well I've just discovered half wigs (instant weaves), and I am actually planning to pick a couple up today!! My plan is to match my hair color, length, and texture. Usually weave hair matches my texture since my hair is kinda overprocessed at the moment. :ohwell: I plan to buy two half wigs -- one that is straight and close to my actually hair length (almost APL), and one that has some type of curl to it and would be shorter than my actual hair length, since that's how your hair is anyway when it's curled. In terms of the curly one, I plan to find a style that wouldn't require me to use heat on it. For instance, I've seen one that basically looks like a bantu knot set and one that kinda looks like a pincurl set. That way I could just braid the back of my hair and set the front as needed in order to blend the best.

Back