? for those who self relax

when i did relax, i parted my hair in 4 giant sections,
1 across the head and one down. i held them in place with clips and then i started at the back and then went to the front, just because when it started to burn, the back would burn first and i could wash the back and still leave the front in to take to my hair

I start in the back, but I do the hairline all the way around last. I part off a section maybe 1/2 inch from my hairline all the way around. Once I've applied it throughout the other parts, I go back and do the nape/"kitchen", then the hair by my ears and my front hairline last. Before when I did my nape area first, I would have breakage in that area. I think the front is even more susceptible to damage, so I always do that last so there won't be any thinning or receding in that area.

you should start where the hair is most coarse and thick (where you have the most new growth and where it's most resistant). you get that relaxer on a thin/sensitive part of your head and then work on the rest for another 20 minutes and you'll be sorry. i don't know what I was thinking when I did that. Scabs were coming off of the back of my head for about three weeks...

I do a bunch of small sections, i think about 20 all over my head, but I still section my hair in the four big sections too.

I hope you can understand that^^

I put a clip on each small section right above the newgrowth. So when i apply the relaxer i don't get any on the hair above the clip. i also put vitamin A&D ointment on the hair above the clip.

I start In the fron of my head. I save the crown and the hairline for last becasue I have 3c curls in the crown, and the skin on my hairline is very sensitive.

I part my hair in four sections and start at the crown. I apply the relaxer in this order: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, hairline.

I always coat my scalp with Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil and do the 4 parts like the others. I just did my re-touch Tuesday night, I was 13 weeks post. I thought it was weird because I hardly burned at all. I had been scratching a little so I was prepared to work fast, however, this was one of the few times that I took my sweet time. There was no urgency to wash it out. The last time I did my re-touch I was burning so baldy that I couldn't wait to take my clothes off, so I hopped in the shower with my clothes on.

[ QUOTE ]
Dutchess said:
I always coat my scalp with Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil and do the 4 parts like the others. I just did my re-touch Tuesday night, I was 13 weeks post. I thought it was weird because I hardly burned at all. I had been scratching a little so I was prepared to work fast, however, this was one of the few times that I took my sweet time. There was no urgency to wash it out. The last time I did my re-touch I was burning so baldy that I couldn't wait to take my clothes off, so I hopped in the shower with my clothes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutchess! With your clothes on!
laugh.gif
It really must've been burning somethin' terrible
laugh.gif

Back