With what tool is your relaxer applied?

What does your stylist use to apply your relaxer?

• an applicator brush

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • hand/fingers

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • comb

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • other. Then What?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use applicator brush. Doesn't it do away with your finger prints if you use your fingers? I heard this...wonder if its true. Fingers are smoother after if you use them.

fingers to apply, then back side of a rat tail comb to smooth and get the hair really straight. using my fingers sometimes my nails feel funny afterwards, because your suppose to wear gloves but I dont'. My mother use to be a professional stylist and at home she always used her fingers, it's not good to do but self relaxing you get a better feel.

I use applicator brush. Doesn't it do away with your finger prints if you use your fingers? I heard this...wonder if its true. Fingers are smoother after if you use them.

That's what it feels like to me. Goes away after a day or so if I use my fingers with Profectiv. Some others are WAY stronger and it would take days for my fingers to feel the same. I am happy that I have mastered using my gloves and tint brush.

I like using my fingers because I can feel the newgrowth better this way rather than using the applicator brush. :)

I use gloved fingers and the teeth of my rattail comb, then I comb thru with a wide tooth comb.:perplexed

I used to use bare fingers and the back of a comb, don't know when or why I changed.

The pastry bag idea is an excellent and do-able idea. I will def. give it a try.

I relaxed my hair couple of days ago and used my fingers with latex gloves for the first time. Wow!! What a difference! , I use to use a Applicator brush, but fingers in gloves alot more accurate.

I think a brush is a lot easier when you are doing someone else head and can see what you are doing.

I have tried the applicator brush that the stylists use, but I prefer using my hands to actually "feel" the new growth and avoid overlapping. Sometimes I don't even use gloves....crazy I know :spinning::spinning:

i use fingers with gloves on. i underprocessed last relaxer (not on purpose :perplexed) hopefully, i'll do better this next time.:grin:

All of the above! First i start off with a brush then once i get tired of that (which usually doesnt take long) i move on to a comb, then eventually i end up using my hands

I use fingers and rat tail comb, sometime I use gloves but they have to be the tight fitting latex ones. I stopped using a brush awhile back because It was the culprit of my head burning within 5 mins of application after I stopped using the brush I never had that problem again. I really want to try that sprush applicator.

TempleClean, LLC ~ The Sprush

Great info in this thread!

I use my fingers. I found these gloves that fit snug and I can easily feel the different hair textures:

IMG01407-vi.jpg

sunnieb can u share where you purchased the gloves from?

tia,
tishee

ETA: I found them on the sally's website. I will purchase them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back