For those that use heat for deep conditioning......

What do you use for your deep conditioning treatments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deep Conditioning with Heat.....

I basically move between the Steamer and My Mastex Heat Cap depending on what I feel my Hair needs (or how I am feeling).:grin:

The Heat Cap gives a somewhat 'baking' heat and the Steam emits poofs of nicely warm steam.

Both are Indeed Equally Fantabulous!:lick:

I like using my bonnet dryer because it goes faster and I still get some DCing time when I'm cooling down before I rinse.

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap?

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?

Your results will last all week if you put alot of oil in ur hair for like an hour then sleep with the conditioner on with a shower cap on top. your hair will come out rediculously soft and will last all week. I do it every week.

i dont have a heatcap...although i used to want one so i can do things like walk around the house and study, or do chores, im sure its more convenient than a dryer, but not as effective

I deep condition with a heating cap for about 20 minutes. I prefer deep conditioning with heat vs no heat. For my hair, the heat always allows the conditioner to penetrate better and makes detangling a lot easier.

heating cap works best for me. the heating bonnet...doesnt work like my cap! i actually had the take the bonnet off one night because the heat didnt circulate properly and i have a LOT of hair to shove under there. put on my cap and everyting was irie.

I use a heat cap. I don't think it's any more convenient than a dryer because you still have to plug it in and sit in the same place.

I've never DC'd under a dryer so I can't really compare the penetrating effects...but at the end of the day I can say using heat to DC is way more effective than not using heat

ETA: My heating cap is the Mastex brand

Last edited:
I use the mastex heating cap. It's more enjoyable than using my Goldnhot hard dryer. In my opinion the results are better because the hard dryer doesn't distribute heat evenly imho.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using the Long Hair Care Forum App

Back