For those that use heat for deep conditioning......

What do you use for your deep conditioning treatments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've used a dryer but I also get good results from wrapping my hair with a wet towel that has been warmed in the microwave...

I just purchased a doom hair dryer this past weekend and I CANT get enough of it. I think it does wonders for my hair. I makes it so much smoother and soft. Never used the heating cap so I cant compare. But I feel like I get salon results out of a doom dryer

i use my soft bonnet alien head looking dryer... i sit on my bed and play online while i use it so i'm multitasking...

i found that my heating cap just didn't seem to do as well...

I have a hooded dryer, but I dont use it so I let my friends borrow it, indefinently. My heat cap saves space in my dorm room and works just as well for deep conditioning.

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap?
I use a heat cap

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer).IMO I prefer the heat cap it feels like the heat is more evenly distibuted on my head rather than mainly at the top of my head...( mine plugs into the wall).. not to mention, I don't like using my dome dryer because it dries out my skin and my scalp.

I don't know about softer hair I air dry afterwards in a ponytail or in 2 two braids. So I never really ge to feel how soft it is. but my hair is very moisturized afterwards

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use? about 15 minutes longer if I have the time.

I voted above that I liked the large hair dryer the best.

I have both (heating cap & a small tabletop dryer). I don't like either. My heating cap seems to put heat at the top of my head and not the sides and the table top dryer is very cumbersome to operate.

Hmmmm. When I used to go to the salon, I used to get better results by sitting under their dryer because it had more heat that was distributed over my whole head.That is the type of dryer I want. I'll have to check on Amazon.

:confused:
BLESSED1 said:
I use my dryer unless it's unbearably hot in my house, which is when I'll use my soft bonnet. I've been using the soft bonnet all summer for obvious reasons, but I feel I get the best results w/ my hard bonnet Ion dryer. I DC for 1/2hr regardless of what I use

I never even imagined there would be a difference. I've been doing the lazy heating cap thing. I'll try sitting under the Ion dryer the next few times to see if there is a difference.... I wonder why it's a diffence, seems like heat is heat:confused:

SqrpioQutie said:
i use my soft bonnet alien head looking dryer... i sit on my bed and play online while i use it so i'm multitasking...

i found that my heating cap just didn't seem to do as well...

I'm trying hard not to buy that space helmet dryer....

Does it really work?

I really like my gold n hot heat cap, because it makes no noise and I can lay down in it.

c9_1.JPG

missnappylady said:
I really like my gold n hot heat cap, because it makes no noise and I can lay down in it.

c9_1.JPG

I have almost fallen asleep with mine on on several occassions.

Why does it seem like when I deep condition my hair is MORE prone to tangle? I'm a 4a natural and everytime I deep condition (with moisturizing conditioners) my hair is hard to detangle and blow dry. So I avoid deep conditioning. I just use really good conditioners that rinse right out after a few minutes. However, I know my hair would benefit from regular deep conditioning treatments.

Please reply...anyone else get tangles after deep conditioning?

I sit under my dryer for 20-30 min

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)
I've never really used a heat cap so i can't make a fair comparsion, I can only presume that the hooded dryer would penetrate better with the air flow feature and i have noticed that my strands are softer.

Whenever I use my hood dryer, I put on one of those visor only caps that fasten with velcro to keep the heat and air off my face and skin. Works great!

NewYorkgyrl said:

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?
i've got a heatcap and hard bonnet dryer. have used both for condishing.

heatcap is nice - more therapuetic than anything. just puts ya right to sleep. no noise!

bonnet dryer - noisy but is quick as heck. my biggest problem with just using a plastic cap is the last 3-4 inches of my hair never get warmed up. so i'll jump under that bad boy for 10 minutes on HOT and go about my business.

plastic cap only: great for summer time or if your body can get that stuff heated up evenly. love in the summer, i can go out and wash my car or do some other yard work and my hair is thoroughly warmed.

they all have their +'s and -'s. i've found as long as the condish is absorbed into the hair (especially the ends!!) - they all work equally well.

overall, i prefer the hard bonnet - not tied down of more than 10 minutes or so, it's quick and it effectively get that conditioner absorbed with a quickness.

I sit under a dryer -- recently in preparation for the 2007 challenge, I have been deep conditioning with each wash and I have some great results.

I have never had a heating cap so I can't really compare results.

NewYorkgyrl said:

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?

I use a heating cap but I am getting me a hooded dryer next month. I think the hooded dryer is better and once I purchase the hooded dryer, I will sit under it for 30 mins also:)

I deep condition for 20 minutes under the dryer. I've tried the hot towel thing and it wasn't as good as the dryer. It's less convenient and kinda messy.

I sit under a dryer. The dryer I used is called ION and its great.

Ive tried just leaving deep conditioner on my hair with a shower cap with no heat and it moisturizes but not as good when using heat.

hair steamer def. give more moisture
2nd heat cap
3rd dryer, I only use the dryer for Aphogee protein treatments, for deep condish I stick to the steamer and the heat cap.

I voted for dome dryer for deep conditioning treatments. I have the gold n hot dryer.. and it does the job well;)

I use a heat cap for convenience and I can lie down while conditioning. It is more comfortable than the dryer and I personally get soft, beautiful, moisturized hair after using it.

I use my hood dryer. My hair ends up being softer and silkier, especially when I add oils to my conditioner.

I use a heating cap (don't own a hooded dryer) and it works fine for me.

Before I didn't use any heat and just left the product on for 1-2 hours. I think the heat helps improve the results of a deep conditioning and lessens the amount of time it takes to do your hair.

I also voted for a heated cap...i have the gold n hot one. I think it does just fine. I leave it on anywhere between 15 mins to an hour depending on how lazy I'm feeling.

Lately I've been steaming my hair, but usually I sit under my soft bonnet that's attached to my ionic hair dryer.

Back