For those that use heat for deep conditioning......

What do you use for your deep conditioning treatments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewYorkgyrl

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap?

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?

I use a heat cap mainly for convenience. I had a regular bonnet hair dryer for years and once it died I got a heat cap. I deep condition the same length of time in the cap and the results are the same. IMO:)

Although the heat cap is more convenient, I stick with the dryer. The heat cap that I had didn't seem to keep warm long enough, but I don't think it varied with results.

I totally forgot to put a hair steamer as an option. Hopefully the ladies that use this will indicate that.

I use Mastex heating cap when deep conditioning it gets really hot and more convienent.
I get better results with my conditioners when I use heat no matter what brand I use,more moisture and slip.

If I'm not in a time crunch, I'll sit under the dryer. Otherwise, I just use my heating cap. Both seem to deliver about the same results.

I had a heat cap and a dryer. I used my heat cap because it wasn't so noisy plus I can lay down/sleep while using it. One day I decided to use my dryer and I never went back to the heat cap since. I gave it to my sister. The dryer is SOOOOO much better than the heat cap, IMO.

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)
Yes, Yes, and YES!!! The dryer makes my hair waaay more soft. I think it is because theheat concentration is better.
Yep. But I would have to sit almost twice the time under a heatcap that would take me to get the results from under the dryer!

The hot air from bonnet dryer was drying my scalp out when I increased my deep conditioning from once a week to 2 and 3 times a week.

So, I switched to a heat cap and would never use the bonnet again.

It helps the conditioner penetrate while keeping my scalp and hair super moist.

I have a Mastex Thermal Spa Heat Cap and a Hooded Dryer but I actually prefer sitting under the dryer with a plastic cap for deep conditioning. The Mstex Thermal Spa Heat Cap is good but I looooove the moisture and slip I get from the hooded dryer deep conditioning with plastic cap.

I use my dryer unless it's unbearably hot in my house, which is when I'll use my soft bonnet. I've been using the soft bonnet all summer for obvious reasons, but I feel I get the best results w/ my hard bonnet Ion dryer. I DC for 1/2hr regardless of what I use

I sit under my hair dryer and I get great results, but I can't tell you which one I think is better because I don't own a heating cap and I've never used one. I've been thinking about getting one because I get extremely hot under my dryer and also because it is convenient but I haven't gotten to it yet. I guess I'll have to do a little research to see what brand heating cap works the best.

under the dryer

i don't know since i've never used a heated cap

yep. 15-20 minutes

I put a steaming hot towel around my hair and put on a plastic cap. This is working better than anything I have ever tried. My hair feels soft as cotton and moisturized through and through.

Got the technique from Macherieamour regime

I SIT UNDER THE DRYER FOR 15 MINUTES WITH THIS GOLD ALUMINUM FOIL LOOKING SELF WARMING CAP. THAT JOKER IS NOOO JOKE. TALK ABOUT SOFT!!!

Hmm, well i've never used a heat cap........ so i cant comment on that experience. But i do DC under a hooded dryer, for about 15 minutes..... I use a Dominican avacado cream conditioner. My hair loves this treatment..... it is sooo silky and bouncy once my hair has been roller-set and dried.

where do you buy a heating cap or a hard dryer to sit under?

i have a soft bonnet, but honestly since i "just" started to really take my hair seriously i havnt used it yet, so ill see what works for me.

My hubbie bought me a stand-up Ion dryer at the corner BSS for 100 bucks. It works great!

Look in the newspaper though for those every once in a while auctions where they are willing to separate all the salon equipment for sale. That's what I'm looking for.

I sit under my dryer...I used a heat cap once at a salon and didn't like it that much. I think it was too hot. Then again it was like 10 years ago...Technology has come a long way since then. :cool:

I use a Mastex heat cap for deep cond when I use moisturizing conditioners
I use a wet towel and my steamer for creamy prepoo protein treatments
My hair feels softer and stronger when I condition with heat and the conditioner penetrates better it doesn't just sit on top of my hair

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap? I use a soft bonnett dryer...i hated using the sit under dryer because its so noisy and i hate having to sit still and in one spot...at least with my soft bonnett dryer i can lay down, be on the internet with ease, watch TV...

i didnt see a difference...

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use? yes i do i deep condition for 15 to 20 mins sometimes longer if im on the computer and looking up something and cant break myself away...

Back