For the Sulfur users: how are y'all doing/preparing the patch test?

cocoagirl

So I have my Sulfur from Amazon and want to do a patch test before going full force with it..what should be the ratio for the test? I don't want to mix up 8oz of it until I know if I get a reaction or not. So how are y'all doing it? Can I just take a couple of sprinkles of Sulfur with a couple of drops of some oil of choice and place it on my forearm and back of scalp and see if I have a reaction in the morning? Or do I need more specific ratios to get a good trial test?

i think if you do a test patch the best way would be to make the mix since that will be the exact same concentration you'll putting on your hair, and then test it.

ETA: or you could make a smaller batch...so if you were gonna use 8 oz of oil and a tsp of sulfur, mix 1/4 tsp of sulfur and 2 oz of oil

Last edited:
Good question, I would think a small batch to test would be wise. Because the small batch may be to strong for you. Good luck, I'm still waiting for my sulfer and will need to know too.

I agree with iri9109. I would make a regular sized batch of mix, and test it on a tiny section of scalp. Testing the same batch you will use ensures that the ratio is ok for that particular batch of mix. Re-test each batch you make, to make sure that each one is ok.

I leave it in for a couple days. I think the best way to go is to leave it in for however long you plan to keep it in regularly. If you co-wash daily then test it for a couple days before applying to your entire scalp.

Girl my procrastinating a$$ ain't made no test batch yet lol, i need to buy a squeeze bottle so I can make the test batch tomorrow, will update with results...

Back