For the daily bun wearers....

Babygurl

Do any of you ladies that wear daily buns ever NOT touch it until the next wash day? I wash my hair every 3 days and I still usually take my hair down everyday to moisturize. Is there anyone who doesnt take it down at all until they wash it again? Do you have any unnecessary strain on the hair from this? I am considering just leaving it alone, but dont know if it will ultimately be good or bad?

Babygurl,

After you've finished moisturizing your hair, what do you do to put it back up? Do you brush it or do you finger comb it? I ask this because I know some of the ladies just use their hands to brush their hair into place but I can't do that because I like that smooth look. I wear my hair in a daily protective style and I take it down daily to moisturize, also, because my hair is so dry. After I finish moisturizing, I brush my hair back up but I was starting to feel guilty about brushing it everyday because I would always see some hairs in the brush until I came up with this great worry-free way to brush it without taking out my hair. I just wet the brush with warm water then brush my hair with it and I still can't believe that no hairs (ok-maybe one or two hairs) are in the brush.

HTH

When I moisturize I usually just put it back up with my hands. The front stays smooth because I dont "mess it up" to moisturize it, so I usually dont brush it to put it back up. The most brushing I will do is to brush the edges once it is back in the bun.

I wash my hair every 3 days. after I wash my hair I oil it lightly once until the next wash. My hair is very moisturized soft and silky. I wear a bun every day, but once a day I undo it, comb my hair then redo the bun.
Zanna

spicee,

Have you tried using a fine tooth comb instead of a brush? You may find that works just as well as brushing and with less hair coming out.

I either wrap it for the night and bun it the next day or bun it the same nite. I use a metal pic daily to detangle it everyday and a horsehair brush(I got it from Big Lots years ago) to smooth it down. I use my little shampoo brush to brush it back into a ponytail.

I tried this, but with not-so-good results. I found that my hair was tangled if I didn't go through it everyday gently with my wide-toothed comb, or at least my fingers. I also found that it was not good for my hair to sleep in the bun.

My front stays pretty neat & smoothed down because my hair dries (sets) that way so the length of it is really the only part Ihave to alter between shampoos. That helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I tried this, but with not-so-good results. I found that my hair was tangled if I didn't go through it everyday gently with my wide-toothed comb, or at least my fingers. I also found that it was not good for my hair to sleep in the bun.

My front stays pretty neat & smoothed down because my hair dries (sets) that way so the length of it is really the only part Ihave to alter between shampoos. That helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey sg, how do you wear your hair to sleep then?

tia

i take my hair down daily , but no brushing i usually just moisturize and finger comb it back into a bun...my hair is really retainig the length b/c of this bun challenge.....im very greatful for it.....
aida

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
i take my hair down daily , but no brushing i usually just moisturize and finger comb it back into a bun...my hair is really retainig the length b/c of this bun challenge.....im very greatful for it.....
aida

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - I moisturize daily and finger comb it back into my bun. I wash every 3 days.

Back