For Ladies That Jump On Bandwagons.....

Candycane044

Hey ladies! I know some of us hate jumping on bandwagons and then there are many of us that jump on every bandwagon. For those of us that do, which bandwagons were worth jumping on for you? In other words, what bandwagon have you jumped on that worked out really well for you.

I have jumped on several bandwagons, but the ones that have worked out really well for me were, MTG, BT, Megatek and Tearinsing. The only problem is that I haven't been consistent with ANY of them. I just thought this thread would be pretty interesting to see what works and what didn't.

I've jumped on several bandwagons since I've been here. (I wasn't consistent with that many). I was on a serious quest for hair growth because of all of the success stories I've seen from other LHCF sisters. However, it took most of the year for me to realize that no matter how many growth aids I use, I wouldn't see results until I took care of my damaged hair.

I saw great results with MN. I moved on to MTG but felt self-consious about the odor. Then I moved on to Mega-Tek (need to re-up on it). I'm currently on Ayurveda and I know I'm going to continue to stick with it. Not only is it helping with growth, it's improving the condition of my hair.

Last edited:
I got on the Hairveda, MegaTek, and BeeMine bandwagon and so far so good.. For me, I have to actually see results before I purchase anything and I waited until I saw them on LHCF, in regards to MegaTek and BeeMine. But for Hairveda, I jumped in head first..

Well I guess I'm still a newbie on here, but the bandwagon that I jumped on that reaped benefits on is the egg shake. I drink the shake everyday with extra vitamins added. I've noticed a difference in my skin (glowing), nails (growing), and hair (definitely growing). I've been reading up on the MT/OCT and the positive results are just overwhelming! That's the next bandwagon for me!

OCT/Megatek
CW
Relaxer stretching
Rollersetting

All have really improved my hair. You are right, when you find something that works--you have to be consistent to reap the benefits :yep: I finally see that and from last summer have been sticking with these tried and true....still on the wagon :lol:

I jumped on the Ayurveda bandwagon and it has worked out really well for me...my hair is very thick and strong because of it...I've been using it since last February.

I forgot to mention that I'm also on the DC bandwagon. I also co wash frequently. I went from washing once a week to co-washing and/or DC almost everyday. Now, I have less tangles, breakage, and softer NG. I don't have problems with dry hair anymore as well.

I am trying to manage myself when it comes to jumping on bandwagons. The key with any product/regimen is consistency. I have realised that by jumping around I can never really get a clear understanding of what is really giving me the results.

UMMM, OCT, stretching, self relaxing, (tea rinsing sounds interesting), dc on dry hair(I love it), washing scalp only, pre-pooing, bagging ends, Hairveda, NTM, bantu knots, bunning.....very successful in all of them.....I would like to try the egg drink, tea rinsing, ayurveda(starting soon), no combing process, and that's it.....

Most products /methods that work for my hair are the result of a bandwagon (they helped me formulate my regi)....The products that didn't work I stopped using and moved on....

Here are my bandwagon successess:

rollersetting
Henna/ indigo

Sabino Moisture Block
Joico Kpak(DPR & hydrator)
CW w/ 1T baking soda & cheapie condish

Last edited:
i jumped on:
hairveda
coconut oil
deep conditioning
vatika oil

and the one i am most loving on: JOICO

Good thread...bandwagons seem to have a negative connotation but I was just thinking about it today & most of the things that I have tried so far have worked well for me. My hair, nails, and skin are benefiting. From the vitamins and extra water, my skin has cleared & I no longer wear fake nails because mine are so strong. Of course, my hair has grown and retained length as well.

Worked:
1. Rollersetting
2. Relaxer Stretching
3. Lots of vitamins/ water
4. DCing
5. Pre-pooing
6. Daily moisturizing

Kinda worked:
1. Natural products/ mixing concoctions - too much work (for ME) when I could just buy quality products
2. Aphogee - haven't seen any stunning changes yet, but good for flat-ironing & chemical services

Didn't work:
1. Bee Mine - but I gave it to my niece who is natural & it works well for her

Next bandwagons (these items are on the way):
1. OCT - I have been researching for 6 months & I finally decided to try it.
2. DivaSmooth - yeah, it's not a bandwagon yet, but I figured I'll be on the front end of the curve :laugh:

ETA: I know there's more. Lots of products, etc. Like I said, it's all pretty much worked well & helped me figure out my regimen.

Last edited:
Most of the bandwagons I jump on tend to work for me in some way or another. Some work really well, some ok, but I never had a completely horrible experience when jumping on a bandwagon from LHCF. I am currently still on the sabino moisture block, shea butter, oil rinsing bandwagons faithfully.

I am trying to manage myself when it comes to jumping on bandwagons. The key with any product/regimen is consistency. I have realised that by jumping around I can never really get a clear understanding of what is really giving me the results.

This is a good point.

Good thread...bandwagons seem to have a negative connotation but I was just thinking about it today & most of the things that I have tried so far have worked well for me. My hair, nails, and skin are benefiting. From the vitamins and extra water, my skin has cleared & I no longer wear fake nails because mine are so strong. Of course, my hair has grown and retained length as well.

Worked:
1. Rollersetting
2. Relaxer Stretching
3. Lots of vitamins/ water
4. DCing
5. Pre-pooing
6. Daily moisturizing

Kinda worked:
1. Natural products/ mixing concoctions - too much work (for ME) when I could just buy quality products
2. Aphogee - haven't seen any stunning changes yet, but good for flat-ironing & chemical services

Didn't work:
1. Bee Mine - but I gave it to my niece who is natural & it works well for her

Next bandwagons (these items are on the way):
1. OCT - I have been researching for 6 months & I finally decided to try it.
2. DivaSmooth - yeah, it's not a bandwagon yet, but I figured I'll be on the front end of the curve :laugh:

ETA: I know there's more. Lots of products, etc. Like I said, it's all pretty much worked well & helped me figure out my regimen.

Thank you for including the ones that worked and the ones that didn't! I should've asked to include that information.

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm still a newbie on here, but the bandwagon that I jumped on that reaped benefits on is the egg shake. I drink the shake everyday with extra vitamins added. I've noticed a difference in my skin (glowing), nails (growing), and hair (definitely growing). I've been reading up on the MT/OCT and the positive results are just overwhelming! That's the next bandwagon for me!

egg shake? what shake? can you make it chocolatey? sorry im a chocolate whore lol :lick:

Well, as a newbie, I guess the only bandwagon I've jumped on is the LHCF itself.

I PLAN to jump on the following ones, and I'll let you know how they work:
1. Ovation
2. Co-washing (I'm aiming for 3x/week)
3. DC
4. Daily moisture
5. Protective styling

I already stretch my relaxers and my stylist has been sort of texlaxing me for years anyway (I'm not CLOSE to bone straight and my 3C/4A hair still waves and curls up when wet).

As a newbie I do not comb my hair except for wash days(I have been doing this for several years). 1xweekly. Deep condition, cw,vitamins, beemine, most recently indian powders. The key is to be consistent. I am lazy and I run behind two active kids. I have a hard time but, these are what I stick with. I think this is good for now. However I have tried MN, MT could not keep with either. Mostly because of the frequent washing that was needed.

Since I've been here I've been on the WEN, Megatek, No heat and protective styling bandwagons. I do like WEN but don't use it because it made my hair shed something fierce. MT I used for exactly one week. I still have a full bottle sitting in the cabinet. I can do no heat but only in summer when I wear more buns, ponys and curly styles.

Protective styling worked best for me and was worth every bun and phony pony that I wore. I gained a lot of growth doing that. Right now I'm rollersetting which I don't consider a bandwagon because its always what I did when my hair was long enough to roll (pre LHCF).

Back