Flowinlocks 2 year update (pic heavy)

what beautiful facial features you have!!!

and your growth is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

i totally identify with the layers bit as i too, am waiting for my shorter layers to catch up so that i can have more fullness. we need patience.

i also really identify with the coarse ng hairs! ouch, it's awful!
have you tried dc'ing on dry hair by parting into 4 big sections, then making mini sections to apply the dc just like you would do a perm?
that's been working for me.
also, using banana baby food with jbco, thick buttermilk (or yogurt) and, to my surprise....glycerine.
it may sound a bit "off the wall" but after i do that and sleep on it, my ng is much less coarse.

then, as i air dry, i put some capuacu butter on my hair with parted sections at the crown. i do that when my hair is still damp, but not soaking wet and the crown and ng dries as soft as the other parts of my hair.

ETA: many times i also put honey (yes from the grocery store) in the above mentioned dc mix to soften my ng and crown. works like a charm!

Thanks so much! Yes I actually do apply my cond. like a relaxer during my stretch.:yep:

I start at the ng and pull it through the ends. I love doing it this way with my Ayurvedic cond. pastes.

However I have yet to try yogurt, or buttermilk. I heard theses are suppose to help soften/loosen texture. I may have to give them a try.

I tried honey once but I was afraid of the lightening effect it's suppose to have on the hair.

Tell me more about this capuacu butter...

Ah yes...one of my favorite heads of hair. I've been following your progress since forever! You've made soooo much progress girl!

Love ya Girl! Congratulations on all your hard work!
SMS

Girl flow, you are almost touching BSL. I can't believe how long your hair has gotten in less than 2 years. Congrats and I look forward to your next year's progress report:yep:.

Thanks so much! Yes I actually do apply my cond. like a relaxer during my stretch.:yep:

I start at the ng and pull it through the ends. I love doing it this way with my Ayurvedic cond. pastes.

However I have yet to try yogurt, or buttermilk. I heard theses are suppose to help soften/loosen texture. I may have to give them a try.

I tried honey once but I was afraid of the lightening effect it's suppose to have on the hair.

Tell me more about this capuacu butter...

excuse me, Flow, you probably didn't recognize it because i mispelled it, lol!
here are some facts about this amazing butter from the fnwl website.
i got mine from of a simple nature in london, but i'm sure they're all the same, and many ladies here rave about the quality of from nature with love, too.

Cupuacu butter is gaining attention for its remarkable water absorption, rich content of sterols, overall nutritive benefit and versatility for use in personal care products.
Cupuacu Butter can be added to any formulation to add protection against the sun. The high level of essential fatty acids and phytosterols within cupuacu butter gives it the ability to restore elasticity to the skin and treat skin conditions including eczema and dermatitis. Cupuacu Butter is an effective ingredient for use in hair care products intended to add shine and replenish the moisture in hair.

i think it's the capacity for it to absorb water so well that placing it on while my hair is damp, keeps my hair so incredibly soft and moisturized, but whatever it is, it's worth a try.

again, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!:yep:

Flow I am SO very happy for you! I am happy to have known you during this time and am inspired by your progress. Keep growing Girl!

Back