Flexi Rod Set on 4a/b natural hair

TexturedTresses

I think it came out really well. Except she wouldn't sit still long enough for it to dry all the way so some pieces are frizzy. the first two pics are before I separtated and the last are after. This is my little cousin (the same one from the flatironed hair pics)

Attachments

• kenya blocked1.jpg
    kenya blocked1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 319
  • kenya blocked2.jpg
    kenya blocked2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 289
  • kenya blocked 3.jpg
    kenya blocked 3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 283
  • kenya blocked 4.jpg
    kenya blocked 4.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 349
Oh her hair is too cute! My flexi-rods never came out like that, then again I air dried. Is her hair permanently heat loosened/straightened? Her roots seem a lot more kinky than the last few inches. I'm asking because I'm wondering how similar my hair would look to hers since I don't have any heat straightened parts.

Oh her hair is too cute! My flexi-rods never came out like that, then again I air dried. Is her hair permanently heat loosened/straightened? Her roots seem a lot more kinky than the last few inches. I'm asking because I'm wondering how similar my hair would look to hers since I don't have any heat straightened parts.

no its definitely not heat straightened. i just pulled it really tight on the the rods and used hairveda whipped jelly. her hair is THICK and CURLY. There are some pics floating around of her hair in its wet and natural state. i'll try too bump it for you. also, i couldn't get the rods tight ont he roots, thats why there is such a difference.

no its definitely not heat straightened. i just pulled it really tight on the the rods and used hairveda whipped jelly. her hair is THICK and CURLY. There are some pics floating around of her hair in its wet and natural state. i'll try too bump it for you. also, i couldn't get the rods tight ont he roots, thats why there is such a difference.
Somebody on Fotki (I can't remember her name) braids her roots up to 3/4 of an inch-1 in and puts on the flexirods. It really helps to stretch out the roots. (I would post a pic, but I'd have to ask her permission first. I can send you the link by PM, though).

Somebody on Fotki (I can't remember her name) braids her roots up to 3/4 of an inch-1 in and puts on the flexirods. It really helps to stretch out the roots. (I would post a pic, but I'd have to ask her permission first. I can send you the link by PM, though).

thank you i would appreciate that. part of the reason i couldn't get it tight on her roots was b/c she was complaining it was too tight.

Girl that is beautiful !! I can't wait until I get some length. I plan to rock the heck out of that style!! :thumbsup:

very pretty! i love seeing curly styles on little girls, it's too cute!

to prevent some reversion next time, try using a silicone-based serum on the hair before applying the roller. that'll make it smoother & easier to roll, & also coat the hair with a protective barrier that will help keep excess humidity out. & a setting foam / lotion will help the set stay set.

& if all else fails, & it poofs up, just smooth the edges down with a scarf, & turn the look into a curly poof piled on top of her hair :yep:

threads like these are awesome! i can't WAIT to be natural!!!

ETA: whoops! didn't realize this thread was almost a year old :giggle:

Back