Flat Irons

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I'm looking to invest in a really good flat iron b/c I'm gettin real fed up with salons and their blatant disregard for my hair. Why should I pay them $50 to reck everything I've worked hard to improve? Why do they insist on try to use a small :censored: comb when they see my head is full of curls?

It's not worth it especially when I take care of everything else dealing with my hair at home. So i have two question:

1. What is the best flat irons out there?
2. What is th best heat protectant

Feel free to add anything else you lovely ladies feel I might need to know?

Biosilk Silk Therapy is a good heat protectant, it's kind of pricey ($12) but Sallys has a generic version with the EXACT same ingredients for like $5.

Sedu, Solia, FHI, and CHI are some of the best flat irons out there.. maybe you should check out http://folica.com and read some of the reviews.

A lot of the ladies on this board recommended the Jilbere flat irons. I bought one and loved it. I flat ironed my daughter's hair (all natural), with no stress or damage to her hair. I have pics of how well it straightened in my album in my sig. I bought mine from Sally's and they run $30-$50 depending on if they are having a sale.

I have a CHI from ebay and I paid $80. You can get a FHI from ebay for about $30-$50. IMO, I would not recommed anyone getting a Curlmaster or Jilberie flat or curling iron. In less than a year(about 8 months) my Curlmaster flat iron's yellow coating peeled off and the iron burnt my hair because it is not a real cermaic. The Curlmaster curling iron coating peeled in 3 days and I of course was able to return it. The Jilberie flat iron and curling iron burnt my hair but is didn't peel. They don't even compare to my CHI...I see why they are so cheap.

I bought Hot Tools Ceramic Flat iron for $45 at Total Beauty Experience. They have the same flat iron at your local BSS. It works really well and dosen't burn or dry out my hair at all.

keep in mind when you're reading those reviews, that some of those women may use their flat iron on a daily basis, so its more likely to break quicker if its being used as often as every day, as opposed to someone like me, who might flat iron once a month, if that.

also, be careful buying from Ebay. when you buy Chi, Solia, Sedu, the companies will fix them if they break. there are a lot of replicas of the expensive flat irons floating around and if you buy a flat iron from ebay, CHI, Solia, and Sedu will not service them if they break.

just a little advice :)

honeydrop215 said:
keep in mind when you're reading those reviews, that some of those women may use their flat iron on a daily basis, so its more likely to break quicker if its being used as often as every day, as opposed to someone like me, who might flat iron once a month, if that.

also, be careful buying from Ebay. when you buy Chi, Solia, Sedu, the companies will fix them if they break. there are a lot of replicas of the expensive flat irons floating around and if you buy a flat iron from ebay, CHI, Solia, and Sedu will not service them if they break.

just a little advice :)

Yes, I did use them daily, because my hair would frizz-up. I don't use the CHI daily, because my hair stays straight until I wash.

We hardly ever use them. I haven't used one on my natural hair at all and I've been natural for over a year. In my daughter's whole 7 years of life, we've only it once.

Back