First Trip Together.

StLucianSweetie

Hey Ladies! Im curious and want to pick your brains. What was a memorable trip with a new boyfriend for you? How long was it and where did you go? Did you survive the trip without killing each other? :lol::lol: Im shifting thru ideas. I cant remember the last time I traveled with a guy, and my guy is being very unhelpful as far as coming up with ideas. I kinda want to keep it short, around 3 days or so. Taking a plane ride is not out of the question.
TIA.

Definitely do something tropical! You could fit a lot of fun activities into for a weekend trip & there will likely be a lot to do close to where you're staying (great restaurants, shopping, beach time, snorkeling, jet skis, dancing, etc.)

Miami, DR, Jamaica, & PR are all good affordable weekend trip options.

Check the travel sections of Groupon & Living Social! They always have good weekend getaway deals. Some of them are even all inclusive.

If the beach is not your thing, then maybe a touristy trip to a big city is an option. I'm not sure where you are but places like NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, & San Francisco are good tourist cities.

However, if you're going to a big city for only a weekend, I suggest you do TONS of research before hand. Otherwise you'll spend most of your time getting lost, figuring out where everything is, and finding affordable fun things to do. You don't have time to waste for just a weekend trip, so it's smart to have an entire itinerary (that includes directions & transportation options) laid out for big city trips.

Personally, I think the beach is a more relaxing option.

My first trip with my ex was to meet his family :ohwell: Don't get me wrong, I LOVED his family & I still do... But a romantic getaway would have been better for a FIRST trip lol.

Have a good time!! :yep:

Last edited:
First trip was to our home country and stayed with his family.
Not very touristy but I wish it was and his daughter was with us :(

I'm waiting for that beach trip where I'm in a swimsuit all day, tanning and looking sexy at night...extra special if he paid for it teehee...

My first trip with DH was a 3 day cruise to Mexico. Figured if we could last 3nights, 4 days in a confined area without getting frustrated, bored or irritated with each other, then were good. We were together for 2 months at the time

My first trip with DH was a 3 day cruise to Mexico. Figured if we could last 3nights, 4 days in a confined area without getting frustrated, bored or irritated with each other, then were good. We were together for 2 months at the time
This!! And I think thats what is has been narrowed down to. Relatively easy without alot extra planning on what to do. Im excited.
Thanks for the input ladies!!

We went to Vegas for 4 days for our first trip together. Lots of fun sightseeing and we drove to LA and stayd a nite there too

We went to the Rockies for 3 days and did some snowshoeing, snowboarding and hiking. It was nothing short of AMAZING and really helped us come closer. The only time we argued is when I gave his car a flat within 5 minutes of driving it :lachen:

I think our first trip was from Chicago where we were to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival :look: Uh, I mean, to DC. But my real reason for the DC trip was to go to MDSW. It was great!

how long did you all date before you went on your first trip together? i'm going on 8 months with my boyfriend and we haven't gone on a trip yet :(

We went to the beach for 2 days. We both started feeling ill that morning(me-cramps, him-a reaction to medication he had been taking) but it was too late to cancel.

We made the best of it and still ended up having a wonderful time even though we both weren't feeling too good. We had been together for about 4 months when we took the trip.

My favorite memory of the trip was him kissing me on top of the ferris wheel. :)

how long did you all date before you went on your first trip together? i'm going on 8 months with my boyfriend and we haven't gone on a trip yet :(

I would say abt 6 months, but i wantd to go and he's not a planner so i went ahead and took the initiative. Your turn will come :-)

Last edited:
It was well into the 4th month before we took a trip together. We planned a trip to Rome for March but ended up doing a short trip to visit his friend in Wales 2 weeks before Rome. So officially the first trip away was Wales. He did help with some of the booking but that's after I did most of the research into the locations of where I wanted us to stay in terms of closeness to city centres.

we went on 4 day cruise to bahamas our 3rd month in. brought us closer :yep:

my SO wants to do this...im not sure if I am ready ...most likely it'll be a road trip...my gosh what do you talk about together all those hours

my SO wants to do this...im not sure if I am ready ...most likely it'll be a road trip...my gosh what do you talk about together all those hours
It will be a good predictor of your relationship.:yep: Will you two enjoy each others company over an extended period of time, how you plan activities jointly, how you handle money, stress, etc.

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile now. My SO and I have been together a year but he works six to seven days a week. I was thinking about a cruise as well. I will probably do all the planning on that one. But he needs to actually take the time off first,smh. These are some good ideas you have received.

Last edited:
We went to Miami. I had a blast. He taught me how to smoke a cigar. Got me (a non-swimmer) on a jet ski. We had the best Haitian food, beach time and shopping. We did not kill each other. We flew since we live in NY. He discovered that I bring my cell phone into the bathroom and blast music on it as I shower. I discovered that he takes good care of his skin, LOL! We were together 4 months. He paid for anything. The only time I was allowed into my wallet was to retrieve photo ID. It made us closer.

Whatever you do make sure the weather is hot there. :D

We went to st. Thomas about 10 months after our first date, maybe like...four or five months after becoming exclusive, not really sure. It was great. At first I was nervous because he seemed uptight about getting to the airport on time and he was really still on the plane so I was like Lawd, he has a whole different vacation personality. Smh. But our trip was perfect because we really bonded and I saw how considerate he was and we had fun.

Our luggage got lost and he handled it calmly, we worked out together in the mornings and he would stay in the fitness room for like thirty extra minutes so I could have morning bathroom privacy :look:, we had calm quiet time. It was just awesome. There wasn't a lot of nightlife in the part of the island we went to, not even many options for dinner, but that turned out to be a great thing because we had our adventures during the day and just had our little quiet time at night. We were relieved that we didn't get on each others nerves because I believe he may have been worried about that before we went, and I know I was. :look: when it was time to go back to our respective homes when we got back it was like "aw, byeee" instead of "go yo arse home now!" so I was glad to know that. Lol

Last edited:
It will be a good predictor of your relationship.:yep: Will you two enjoy each others company over an extended period of time, how you plan activities jointly, how you handle money, stress, etc.

So very true. Even now ... 5 years later we still enjoy each other's company. I can truly say that we're friends and actually like each other. (Yes you can love a person and not like him/her)

4 day cruise Bahamas cruise three months into dating. It's funny because he had already started planning it weeks into us starting to talk. He paid. I was very nervous at the airport, because I hate airports and everything he did annoyed me. But once we got to Miami and the ship set sail, things were great. One of our favorite memories. We actually ended up exploring the Bahamas together off the beaten tourist path and found hole in the wall restaurants, shops, beaches etc together and so really got to enjoy the island a bit more.
We love road trips too because we get to talk about crap that we seem to not have time talk about usually.

we went to chicago like a month and a half after we starting dating.:lol: i wasn't really into him at the time so i just KNEW this long *** road trip was going to be the end of our short relationship. i was quite wrong.:lol:

Hey mwedzi,

Ok, I need details! :)

hmm, my mentions aren't working properly. But you just missed it for this year! Always the first full weekend in May.
http://www.sheepandwool.org/
So fun, and the food is the best. The lamb burgers are so fresh and plump and delicious. :lick: Kettle corn, funnel cake. Go on an empty stomach. And of course all the yarn you could ever want. Sheep shearing demos and sheep dog demos and live wool-producing animals. He had more fun than he thought he would, mainly just being outdoors and eating the food.

We had been dating over a year when we went.

Back